Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... Empty
PostSubject: At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......   At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 18:35

I never want to leave the Lane, says Robbie Keane

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=527493&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Robbie Keane today admitted he wants to stay at Tottenham for the rest of his career and help Juande Ramos lead the club into a new golden era.

Keane, who joined from Leeds for £7million six years ago, believes the club's Carling Cup triumph brought just the first of many trophies and has never been happier at White Hart Lane.

The 27-year-old signed a new deal last summer to keep him at Spurs until 2012 and believes he will end his career at the club.

He said: “I can't see myself going anywhere or playing for anyone else now. That is why I signed a long-term contract.

“I am more than happy here and I want to stay here for as long as I can. If I keep doing well and the club want me, then I am happy to stay here for the rest of my career.”

Keane, who will start for Spurs alongside Dimitar Berbatov in tonight's first leg of their UEFA Cup tie against PSV Eindhoven, is in the best goalscoring form of his career having already reached 20 for the season. In December he became the 15th Spurs player to reach the landmark of 100 goals for the club.

His performances earned him the London Evening Standard's Player of the Month award for January, and the only reason he has been handed the accolade so late is because he didn't want to jinx Spurs' chances of beating Chelsea at Wembley last week.

The Irishman believes Spurs have a point to prove following their dismal 4-1 defeat to Birmingham on Saturday and has PSV in his sights.

He said: “Saturday wasn't good enough. It's gone now, but if we are to become a top team we can't be going to Birmingham and losing. It was a blip, but it's only a blip if we do things right against PSV. They are a decent team and they have a lot of experience in European competitions so it will be a tough game.”

LUV 'IM, ROBBIE KEANE HE'S A YIDDOOOO
At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... Images10

At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... Nppe1m10
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......   At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 18:41

Another good article from the mail praising Keano......
King may be Tottenham captain, but Keane is a born leader

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=527549&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Ledley King may still be captain at Spurs, but with the England defender's long absences from the team through injury, Robbie Keane has developed into an increasingly influential voice in the dressing room in his role as vice-captain.

He stood by King to give a rousing speech at the club's official reception hours after the Carling Cup victory at Wembley, and fans will know he is never short of encouragement for his team-mates on the pitch.

While Keane would never dispute that King is the captain, he believes his personality thrives in the position of responsibility.

He added: “It's good people are talking about me as a leader, but it's just the way I am. It's not something that I do for the sake of it, it's in my character to do that.

“I am strong-minded and I think I get it from where I have come from in Dublin. I come from a humble background and a place where I had to look after myself as a kid. I just like to do my role as vice-captain and do the best for my club. I am one of the lads deep down and I just want this team to do well. I will do whatever it takes.

“After the Carling Cup Final I did a speech at the official reception. Something needed to be said, but more importantly it was a case of reminding everyone that we have to go on and win more things now, like the UEFA Cup.”

KEANO KEANO KEANO HE'S A YIDDOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......   At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 18:56

He's quickly becoming a modern day legend in my book. We'll look back in years to come and mention Keano in the same breath as Gazza, Hoddle, Ossie, Sheringham, Ginola, etc. And no reason why he can't become one of the top 10 goalscorers of all time for Spurs as long as he keeps fit.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......   At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 18:59

And here are the numbers for you statos out there.

http://www.topspurs.com/thfc-mostgoals.htm
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......   At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 19:11

I finished his biography earlier on. Given the model pro he is now, can you remember the time when he was fined 2 weeks wages and was ordered to train with the reserves when he stormed down the tunnel when he was an unused sub in a game we drew with Birmingham few seasons ago?

And there was allegedly the training ground fight with Edgar Davids when he floored the dutchman!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......   At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE....... Empty

Back to top Go down

At Number One is ROBBIE KEANE.......
Page 1 of 1