Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Berba's Contract Talks

Go down 
+7
Daniel
Tottingham
StewHK
Linesmann
twiglet
spur'don
Hairy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Berba's Contract Talks Empty
PostSubject: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 09:35

It just wouldn't be Tottenham without some kind of bad news...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=IV1145YMWCKANQFIQMGCFF4AVCBQUIV0?xml=/sport/2007/12/30/sfgtot230.xml

The only blot on the landscape for Tottenham fans came after the match when Ramos hinted that Berbatov may still have aspirations beyond north London once the January transfer window opens this week.

"The chairman knows that I want Berbatov to stay," he said. "If it was up to me, we would not lose him, but there are different circumstances and factors that we need to take into account, such as the player's opinion and feeling."

Poyet also made passed comment about Berba's contract in the Reading post match interview on BBC Sport.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 09:40

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premier-league/article3293958.ece

Afterwards Spurs head coach, Juande Ramos, failed to diminish such speculation. Describing Berbatov's contribution as "magnificent", the Spaniard added: "But I cannot assure you that he is going to stay. The chairman decides that. If it was up to me, we wouldn't want to lose him. But we have to take into account the player's opinions and feelings."

Mark my words...Freddie's coming back.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 19:01

I can't help but feel Berbatov may have played his last game at WHL.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 19:57

spur'don wrote:
I can't help but feel Berbatov may have played his last game at WHL.

if thats the case at least he went out with a corker

cant believe we will not only sell him but also to our Prem rivals - utter madness!!
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 22:26

Money doesn't represent everything

If he wanna leave for winning trophies.
It's useless whtever we offer him 10K or even the highest-wage in EPL
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 23:37

Source: Official Site

With less than 48 hours to go before the transfer window opens, Club Chairman, Daniel Levy, has indicated once again that he expects no movement amongst regular First team squad members.

"Juande, Damien and I have reviewed the squad and Juande feels that we are not looking at any major changes. We are all clear that the January window is the worst time to buy quality players so we shall not be doing any business that is not essential.

"Once again for the record, we are not a selling club, rather we are building for the future. When we have players on long contracts we have no need to entertain offers."

I hope Berba agrees that playing such a pivotal and involving role in a rising team as Spurs, would be much more fun that playing to a squad rotation at Madrid, Barcelona, Milan etc.

Unfortunately , I don't think he would have trouble settling in as Manure's 1st choice striker either at the moment. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyMon Dec 31 2007, 08:20

http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballNews/idUKL3043663920071230?rpc=401&

LONDON (Reuters) - Dimitar Berbatov would be prepared to leave Tottenham in January's transfer window if a big enough club made an offer, the Bulgarian striker's agent told media on Monday.
"I have already spoken to the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and told him that if a club that corresponds to Dimitar's class and ambition comes in with an offer that suits his current club in January he would like to be allowed to go," Emil Dantchev told the Sun.
"Fans must understand that Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club that can match his ambition.
"I would like to stress this is not about money. This is about sporting ambition," Dantchev added.
The 26-year-old forward has been linked with a move to Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Arsenal since signing for Spurs in July 2006.
Spurs chairman Levy had on Sunday announced that no major moves were anticipated in the New Year transfer window.
"(Manager) Juande (Ramos), (sporting director) Damien (Comolli) and I have reviewed the squad and Juande feels that we are not looking at any major changes," Levy told the Spurs Web site (www.tottenhamhotspur.com).
"We are all clear that the January window is the worst time to buy quality players so we shall not be doing any business that is not essential."
Berbatov, who scored four goals in Tottenham's 6-4 Premier League win over Reading on Saturday, joined the north London club from Bayer Leverkusen in a 10.9 million-pound ($21.81 million) deal.
(Writing by Miles Evans; editing by Ed Osmond)

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Dimitar Berbatov believes Tottenham could be a Top 4 club   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyMon Dec 31 2007, 08:33

That's cheered me up. ...

Berbatov: Spurs defence must improve
tribalfooball.com - December 30, 2007
Berba's Contract Talks Spacer
Dimitar Berbatov believes Tottenham could be a top four club, if they can cut out their defensive errors.

After 6-4 victory over Reading, Berbatov said: "We have the potential because we finished fifth last year with pretty much the same team and we've shown our qualities many times.
"But we also show how bad we can be sometimes. We must cut that out.
"Everything is possible so we're going to fight and see what will happen."
Woeful marking from set-pieces and Nicky Shorey's pin-point delivery caused panic in hosts' defence, with Ledley King's return to fitness now looking important to Spurs' hopes.
"We won it, but in the end we must look over the mistakes we made and the goals we allowed to be scored against us," added Berbatov.
"We conceded easy goals from free-kicks and corners and that's not good because we keep doing that in every game.
"If we cut out the mistakes then we can go a long way. If you make mistakes it means the game is entertaining but, for me, I'll go home now, watch the game again and correct my mistakes as well."
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyMon Dec 31 2007, 18:14

That's right, let's be positive! Let's hope he's got no serious plans to leave, or more to the point, no one can afford his 20 million plus price tag!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyMon Dec 31 2007, 19:33

Agent: Berbatov ready to quit Tottenham

Dimitar Berbatov wants to leave Tottenham if a suitable offer from a club 'which matches his ambition' comes in during the January transfer window, according to comments attributed to the Bulgarian star's agent.

The striker has rediscovered his stunning form for Spurs in recent weeks and fired four goals in the 6-4 win over Reading on Saturday.

However, his agent Emil Dantchev claims the player is keen to join a team with greater trophy-winning potential than the north Londoners.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has insisted they are not a selling club, but Dantchev is reported to have told The Sun: 'I have already spoken to the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and told him that if a club which corresponds to Dimitar's class and ambition comes in with an offer which suits his current club in January, he would like to be allowed to go.

'I would like to stress this is not about money, this is about sporting ambition, nor has it anything to do with the new manager Juande Ramos. Dimitar is perfectly happy with Ramos and the way he is working but after Tottenham's bad start to the season it is unlikely they will have the chance to do something big this season.'

Manchester United have been linked with Berbatov in the past, but Spurs have always been firm in stating he is not for sale.

Dantchev added: 'Dimitar is OK at Tottenham. I would not say he is happy but his performances for the club are a testament to his commitment to the fans and his team-mates. He has never stopped trying and scoring goals to help the team.

'Fans must understand Dimitar is 27 next month and time is running out for him to play for a club which can match his ambition.

'It is a long-term plan for Spurs. Dimitar wants to fulfil his potential and win trophies now. He would definitely consider a move outside of England, that is not the issue. What matters is a club which matches his ambition and his level, and therefore there are only five or six around Europe. Two clubs outside of England and one from the Premier League are interested in him.'

Levy said yesterday: 'Once again for the record, we are not a selling club, rather we are building for the future. When we have players on long contracts we have no need to entertain offers.'
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyMon Dec 31 2007, 19:51

to be fair, this is only his agent stirring it up. Levy is saying that he's going nowhere

lets hope after all thats gone on in the last 6 months we can finally believe what the man is telling us. Time will tell. My nails cant handle it Neutral
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyMon Dec 31 2007, 20:19

He's gone and quite frankly I don't hold it against him. He is one of the few truly world class players about and is on song too. A 26 yrs with his talent should be allowed to display it on the highest stage available whilst at the peak of his powers. He isn't a spurs fan. He probably has a soft spot for us but it must kill him to watch all the wonderful CL games and realise he is with a club which is several seasons away from mixing it with the elite. I hate to say it but he deserves to be playing along side the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, not Huddlestone and Jenas.

We had our chance in the summer. Should have secured the services of Ramos earlier and not felt so damn guilty about giving Jol the axe.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyTue Jan 01 2008, 17:24

spur'don wrote:
He's gone .

has he?

is he not playing tonight?

spur'don wrote:
A 26 yrs with his talent should be allowed to display it on the highest stage available whilst at the peak of his powers. .

shouldn't have signed a 4 year contract then

your attitude is very defeatist and anti-spurs Jezz

let him display his powers in Spain or Itlay - why are we gonna flog him to Chelscum or Man Scum - fucking crazy!!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyTue Jan 01 2008, 17:43

wooh there Leslie.

I suppose my post does sound rather defeatist ( i do like to generate a lively debate though )

However, I don't want a situation in which Berbatov's desire to move starts to cause unrest in the dressing room. Fortunately because he did sign a long term contract we aren't forced to sell to the first bidder but I suspect Ramos will not tolerate a player who has potential to disrupt.

The talk from his agent, which surely must have Berbatov's consent, does suggest things could turn nasty.

Also, acknowledging we're not in the champions league and thus cannot offer a world class player the top stage to display his full talent isn't anti spurs but recognising the facts as they currently stand. One day things could be different but the whole point about the Berbatov issue is that at the age of 27 yrs he doesn't have 2-3 years to wait to see what might happen. He wants it now. If I was Berbatov, as opposed to being a spurs fan, I'd probably be looking to move too. If I had the ability to play like Berbatov I'd only ever play for one club - spurs - but Berbatov isn't a spurs fan so it's hardly any surprise in this day and age he should want to move elsewhere.

On a positive note, I hear Defoe has changed his agent from Sky Andrews to Michell Thomas. Apparently Spurs were refusing to negotiate with Sky Andrews, the same agent who represented Sol in 2001.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyTue Jan 01 2008, 20:08

Berbatov should stay for the following reasons :

1. We love him!
2. He will win trophies - UEFA Cup, Carling Cup!
3. He's guaranteed first team football every time!
4. London is a better city than Manchester
5. No matter how much better another club is doing, they are still not guaranteed to win a trophy!!

Berba, stay here. We're the 'best' supported club in the world !!

tongue cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyTue Jan 01 2008, 21:05

the ball is in spurs court - he's got 2.5 years left (plus a further 2 year option) - it would take a ridiculous bid for us to flog him mid-season (ie 30m plus). his value won't change much between now and the summer (especially if involved in a bidding war). if he wants to take a step up to a 'bigger club', the summer is the time to join and make an impact, not midway through the season. can't see it happening this month. so far all I've read seems to be agent spin (who think of their bank a/c not players real interests) and newspaper crap.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyTue Jan 01 2008, 21:57

spur'don wrote:

Also, acknowledging we're not in the champions league and thus cannot offer a world class player the top stage to display his full talent isn't anti spurs but recognising the facts as they currently stand.

Yes we have to acknowledge that we're not CL because that is the fact, we are not. But by simply accepting that our best players will always move on for this reason means that we will NEVER be CL, especially by selling to the top 4. How can we be 'a club which is several seasons away from mixing it with the elite' when we always sell our star players on. It just doesn't work like that. If we want to be 'a club which is several seasons away from mixing it with the elite' then we need to keep our best players. Full stop.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyTue Jan 01 2008, 22:44

I agree with that Twiglet.....but I don't think the board will follow your advice.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 04:12

There's no way he will stay if every match he hv to predict how many times will the ball be pick out from his own net
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 10:37

Berbatov thinks he is the best player in the world punching below his weight. You can see it on his face, his actions and his whole attitude. It's like Henry at the scum. Spurs are focusing their energies on keeping Berbatov happy and that is never healthy. If he wants to go then go. Fabrearse was saying how much better the vermin had become as a team now that Henry had gone and it unfortunately does show how much better they are playing.

The guy is 27 playing the best football of his career is quite frankly not able to be utilised to his potential at Spurs. This doesn't mean we are a bad team but it seems the prem is too rough and tumble for someone as languid and brilliant as Berbatov is. We won't keep him in the summer (CL aside) so he will go. The question is when and where and how much.

Me? Sell him in the winter transfer window for 27M. No ambition? No becuase he is going to go anyway. This is the best time on a business level and he is dragging the morale and unity of the team down. By the way, this only works if don't spunk the money on another Darren Bent. With 27M Ramos can bring in the players he wants. Short term pain long term gain. Controversial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 13:32

Daniel wrote:
The question is when and where and how much.

Its inevitable he will go either now or at the end of the season.

For me, I'd say keep him now until the end of the season. The Henry example is not relevant if we flog him now. What are our options? Keane and Defoe have proved they cant operate effectivley together. Bent is pants. Getting in a new striker is gonna take time to fit in, get used to the other players etc. I understand the argument but for me, not now.

I also understand the punching below his weight theory but what is our priority? The best for Spurs or the best for Mr Berbatov? I can hear it now, 'oh poor Dimitar, he's such a good player and he's stuck at that 2nd tier claptrap outfit spurs, they should let him go so he can win tropheys at Manchester or play with the real elite at Chelsea. Thats whats really best for him'

As to where he goes - it has to be abroad. Total lack of ambition selling him to the big 4. The big 4 never sell their best players to each other. (Gallas, Cole etc are not 'best' players)

How much? Will his value decrease between now and the summer? Not if he continues to play the way he is and with his 'great desire to play for a club that matches his ambition' then why shouldn't he?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 14:29

I say sell him now. His attitude stinks and I have no time for that no matter how good he is. With 27m we can buy a whole new defensive line up which is exactly where the problems lie at the moment. And while we're at it, we should sell Kaboul, Lee, Bent, Staltieri, Gardner and Rocha. Useless, the whole lot of them. We've become the Keystone Kops of the EPL. Simply embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Craig
Admin
Craig

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyWed Jan 02 2008, 14:58

Keep him till then end then get rid I say.

Anyone seen Jim Duggan's view on it: http://www.topspurs.com/jmdview.htm

Have to agree with nearly all of it.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyMon Jan 07 2008, 18:05

Berbatov - adding some much need H2O to his own fire... read on. Frankly I dont know who to believe - Berba or his agent?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=B2XLGG35EVDMPQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/sport/2008/01/07/ufnberba107.xml

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/07/Premier-League-Berbatov-on-future/

Dimitar Berbatov has broken his silence to underline that he has no plans to leave Tottenham at present, and that he has grown ‘tired’ of the intense speculation surrounding him.

The Bulgarian striker has been a prominent figure in the national press in recent weeks, with Chelsea, Manchester United and even Manchester City being linked with a multimillion pound January move that could represent a British record.

Speculation has been driven by recent comments from his agent, Emil Dantchev, who hinted that the striker was keen to move to a bigger club in order to win silverware, but Berbatov has now moved to distance himself from such suggestions.

The 26-year-old, who has scored 10 goals in his last 11 games, believes he can win trophies at White Hart Lane and has expressed his frustration with the constant rumours surrounding him.

"There are too many speculations around my name, but most of them are foolish,” Berbatov told Bulgarian television.

“It's absurd and I'm tired of seeing my name in the newspapers. I want to live in peace. It is getting too much.

"I am a Tottenham player and I'm trying to give my best, so I can help my team. I'm happy when we play well and I'm miserable when we lose our games.

"I'm happy at the moment. You can win titles and medals with every team and I can win with Tottenham too."

Spurs boss Juande Ramos recently stated that any interested clubs would have to pay upwards of £31 million to land the striker – a figure that Berbatov feels is ludicrously high given Bayer Leverkusen received £10.9 million for him 18 months ago.

"It's ridiculous, I don't think that I'm worth so much money,” Berbatov added. “I just have to do my job and score goals. I'm not a one-man team. Everybody in the team supports me and I've never heard a reproach or felt envy.

"Juande is very good, both as a man and as a coach. He sees even the small details that remain hidden from most people."
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks EmptyTue Jan 08 2008, 10:01

I have no time for either of them. If Berba is "so committed" to Spurs then send out a clear message by firing your agent and announce you're willing to stay for the remaing 2 years of your contract and sign the additional 2 year option. But obviously he won't do that 'cos there's more money to be made for him and his monkey moving on.

So sell him and sell him now for 25 - 30m. Best bit of business the club will ever make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berba's Contract Talks   Berba's Contract Talks Empty

Back to top Go down

Berba's Contract Talks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next