Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Gunter to begin Tottenham talks

Go down 
+2
spur'don
Hairy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Gunter to begin Tottenham talks Empty
PostSubject: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptyMon Dec 24 2007, 11:07

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7156325.stm

Printable version

<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><tr><td>Gunter to begin Tottenham talks _44318665_gunter_crowd_huw203 Gunter watched Cardiff's 1-0 win over Sheffield Utd from the stands

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cardiff and Wales full-back Chris Gunter will hold talks with Tottenham on Monday after passing a medical.
The two clubs have agreed a fee thought to be worth £3m for the 18-year-old made up of an up-front sum with add-ons for appearances and a sell-on clause.
"In our situation as a Championship football club, we have to consider anything of this magnitude," said Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale.
"Chris has indicated he wants to talk to them and we have given permission."
Spurs are short of options on the left with long-term injuries to Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Gunter's fellow Wales international defender Gareth Bale.
Newport-born Gunter broke into the Bluebirds first team last season and has won three full Wales caps in 2007.

<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><tr><td width=5>Gunter to begin Tottenham talks O</TD>
<td class=sibStdQuote>
We could have offered him three times the amount Tottenham will offer but he wouldn't have stayed

Cardiff manager Dave Jones

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ridsdale confirmed he has passed a medical and will return to London on Monday for talks which would see him move when the January transfer window opens if a deal can be agreed.
Gunter generally plays at right-back for the Bluebirds, but is also comfortable on the left.
Cardiff have previously suggested that they may have to sell players because of cash-flow problems, with their court case with creditors Langston still pending.
But Ridsdale said the decision to sell Gunter is not directly to help ease the club's financial problems.
"I think with the price itself we would have had to consider it no matter what the situation was financially," he said.
"Clearly given the challenge we've had with Langston, it's made the financial security of the club more acute that we do look at this sort of transfer.
"But if Chris had said he wasn't interested in going, we wouldn't have sold him."

<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><tr><td width=5>Gunter to begin Tottenham talks O</TD>
<td class=sib606>606: DEBATE

Seriously Spurs fans, you've got a star of the future on your hands it seems

TommyVercetti15

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Gunter made nine full league appearances and six as substitute in the 2006-7 season, and in May became Cardiff's youngest Wales international when he faced New Zealand at the age of 17.
He found himself out of the Bluebirds first team this season, but impressed in Wales' draws with the Republic of Ireland and Germany.
That helped the youngster reclaim his club place, and he played a part in the Bluebirds' climb out of the Championship relegation zone.
But it is understood he may have played his last game for Cardiff.
Boss Dave Jones added: "We could have offered the boy three times the amount that Tottenham are going to offer him but he wouldn't have stayed.
"He has now moved on to a completely different level."

Probably only 1.5 Mil up front.

If he can have a similar impact as Bale on the pitch AND most importantly Ramos rates him too, let's hope we do the deal.

Must say that the Youf are starting to look rather good. O'Hara's near MOM performances, Prince's seemingly good adaptation to the PL, as is Kaboul with a more senior player alongside, a la Zokora and Chimbonda. The Hudd is also looking much sharper, and is finally equalizing passing and movement and defending. I believe that if anyone can teach Lennon has to choose and cross the final ball better or at least, more consistently, and make Rocks out of Kaboul and Dawson in a quality back line, then Ramos and Poyet can ...... all the ingredients are definately there and with the addition of a couple of extra quality players we are definately looking stronger and stronger !

C O Y S ! bounce
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptyMon Dec 24 2007, 18:12

I'm happy to sign Gunter if he turns out to be another Bale. Nothing wrong with buying young talent. However what Spurs really need right now is experience, especially at the back and I hope we adapt our buying policy to include a few +26 yrs players.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptyMon Dec 24 2007, 18:28

He is not a regular starter for Cardiff...I don't know why we are signing a Championship reserve
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptyMon Dec 24 2007, 18:45

James wrote:
He is not a regular starter for Cardiff...I don't know why we are signing a Championship reserve

Wonderful !
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptyTue Dec 25 2007, 08:00

spur'don wrote:
I'm happy to sign Gunter if he turns out to be another Bale. Nothing wrong with buying young talent. However what Spurs really need right now is experience, especially at the back and I hope we adapt our buying policy to include a few +26 yrs players.

I agree with you ... while signing these youngsters is definately a good way to go about maintaining a very healthy balance sheet, we'd better have enough under the matress to sign the experienced 26+ in this transfer, otherwise there will be knives out for Comolli.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptySat Dec 29 2007, 18:39

I can't believe we have signed someone called Gunter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 14:11

Bette Gunter than the Russian "Arshaven"
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptySun Dec 30 2007, 23:40

ezza wrote:
Bette Gunter than the Russian "Arshaven"

SO true ! Razz
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptyMon Dec 31 2007, 03:10

Daniel wrote:
I can't believe we have signed someone called Gunter.

why not? does it ryhme with something rude or something? what am i missing??
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks EmptyTue Jan 01 2008, 22:17

you never had a Gunter mate? You haven't lived...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunter to begin Tottenham talks   Gunter to begin Tottenham talks Empty

Back to top Go down

Gunter to begin Tottenham talks
Page 1 of 1