Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Berbatov Departure?

Go down 
+3
yankee yid
ozspur
StewHK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Berbatov Departure? Empty
PostSubject: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 14:32

Although I am normally an optimist when it comes to all things Spurs, I must say that straight after the 2nd Chelski goal, It suddenly felt like that one the single event that would confirm a departure thought for Berbatov.

Whilst prior that that goal (and the general mark of difference that it displayed between the two sides in this match) I was open minded about him leaving in January, I can't help feeling that Berbatov would view yesterday's loss as the nail in the coffin on his personal opinion regarding how far he can continue with Tottenham.

Berbatov is one of the best players in Europe (in my opinion) and at his age and level, he'll be wanting Champions League football ASAP.

Of course I hope I am wrong!

No

COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 14:48

StewHK wrote:
Although I am normally an optimist when it comes to all things Spurs, I must say that straight after the 2nd Chelski goal, It suddenly felt like that one the single event that would confirm a departure thought for Berbatov.

Whilst prior that that goal (and the general mark of difference that it displayed between the two sides in this match) I was open minded about him leaving in January, I can't help feeling that Berbatov would view yesterday's loss as the nail in the coffin on his personal opinion regarding how far he can continue with Tottenham.

Berbatov is one of the best players in Europe (in my opinion) and at his age and level, he'll be wanting Champions League football ASAP.

Of course I hope I am wrong!

No

COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

Stew - you are NOT wrong. However, he didn't do much to help the cause last night, did he?

Stew.

COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

Stew - you are NOT wrong. However, he didn't do much to help the cause last night, did he?
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 15:02

Maybe it wasn't one of his better games, but although Chelsea played well - slightly a better shape overall than Spurs, it's more to do with what's happening at the back that may influence things. He may not of scored but he may look back down the field towards our defending area and think 'oh know, not conceding silly goals again' etc.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
yankee yid
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
yankee yid

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 16:42

This may be a bit controversial - and I am not necessarily the biggest Robbo fan in the world - but we may have missed him last night. One of the things that Robinson has always done well is distribute the ball...especially to Berbatov. I think of countless breaks and goals (especially for Keano) that have been created by Robbo picking out Berbatov and having him flick it on to someone like Keane. I am not saying that that is the type of football we need to be playing 100% of the time but that was noticably absent last night as Cerny does not appear to have anywhere near those same distribution skills. At least Robbo always got Berbatov into the game (which is something that no one on the pitch did last night...that being said, I also think Berbs was clearly not at his best and should have gotten himself into things more).

On another note, I sincerely hope (although i doubt it) that Taarabt is the type of lad that realizes he is young and will study the game film from yesterday over and over again (maybe sitting there with Poyet) and identify and learn from his mistakes and try very hard to improve. I have a lot of time for players that are out there trying to make something happen - he was at least doing that...although some of his choices were appalling and hopefully just the product of being an 18 year-old out there with a bunch of seasoned professionals. We seem to give so much stick to them but Lennon, KPB, O'Hara, Taarabt, Kaboul are all under 21 years old still. Hopefully they all try to learn from results like yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 16:47

Agree with you YankeeYid, Robbo's kicking and throwing has always been very good.

Under Ramos, we don't seem to be going long to Berbatov much whereas under BMJ, we often employed that tactic, i.e. the two goals (and the phantom third goal) at Anfield this season.

If it has gone sour with him I hope we get another keeper in this window as we can't stick with Cerny till the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 17:20

Janek wrote:
Agree with you YankeeYid, Robbo's kicking and throwing has always been very good.

Under Ramos, we don't seem to be going long to Berbatov much whereas under BMJ, we often employed that tactic, i.e. the two goals (and the phantom third goal) at Anfield this season.

If it has gone sour with him I hope we get another keeper in this window as we can't stick with Cerny till the end of the season.

I'm going to disagree with Yankee Yid and Janek on this one. I think Robbo's distribution is average at best and Berbatov is not the only player that Robbo should theoretically be distributing to. I think Cerny is a good goalkeeper - seen him in previous games before his latest takeover from Robbo this time round, and Cerny plays reasonably well for a goalie that has a couple of dodgy defenders in front of him and as a goalie that has had very little match time at a high level of EPL footie.

Of yesterday's 2 conceded goals, you could only put one of them as Cerny's fault (maybe) and the other one at the defender's fault (maybe specifically Lee) for giving too much space in front of a Chelski player that we knew could blast them on target.

My ten pence worth anyway!

Laughing

Stew.
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 21:40

One thing that has not been mentioned, painful as it may be, is that the Chelsea defence were superb, and kept Keane and Berbatov out of the game, it was that simple.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptySun Jan 13 2008, 22:36

Who would buy Berbatov? Do Utd need him? Based on yesterday's performance I doubt it. Chelsea have just bought Anelka so I can't see them splashing out on him. Arsenal - don't have the kind of money needed to buy him. Liverpool - they have Torres. Would Berbs go to a club outside the top 4? Why would he? So I reckon he'll be staying till the end of the season when he will more than likely go overseas.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptyMon Jan 14 2008, 10:08

ozspur wrote:
Who would buy Berbatov? Do Utd need him? Based on yesterday's performance I doubt it. Chelsea have just bought Anelka so I can't see them splashing out on him. Arsenal - don't have the kind of money needed to buy him. Liverpool - they have Torres. Would Berbs go to a club outside the top 4? Why would he? So I reckon he'll be staying till the end of the season when he will more than likely go overseas.

If Berbs leaves, I hope he goes to a club in Spain or Italy. Do a cash + player deal with Barcelona for Gudjonsson or Dos Santos?
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? EmptyMon Jan 14 2008, 11:44

Maybe Im missing something but can somebody explain why its even an issue as to whether he goes abroad or not. Why is it that our best player by a long shot and probaby one of the top 3 players in the league (if not Europe) is even mentioned in the same breath as Man U , ARse, Cheslk or Liverpool?? Why is it not just a 100%, dead cert, dont even think about it, not on your nelly, go take a hike, NO, NO WAY!! We will not sell him to our premiership rivals. If he goes, he goes abroad. Its not as if there wont be any takers?

Im missing something.

Somebody put me out of my misery, please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berbatov Departure?   Berbatov Departure? Empty

Back to top Go down

Berbatov Departure?
Page 1 of 1