Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Sale of Berbatov

Go down 
+9
Enter The Pitbull
Barry Lineker
Hairy
Daniel
ezza
James
Number 10
GDG
postie
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 08:10

Fellow Yids

Does anyone have any news on this topic , I have been reading on Teamtalk that his manager is trying to have some sort of transfer clause placed in his contract , seems his manager may be the reason for all this talk of a possible move ,but i feel that for team in general this need to be resolved asap . Coys
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 10:06

This on Eurosport this morning:

Premier League - Berbatov agent says it's time to go

Eurosport - Thu, 17 Apr 17:45:00 2008

Tottenham Hotspur striker Dimitar Berbatov's agent has claimed that he and his client have "given up" on negotiations over a new contract.

Emil Dantchev believes that talks have broken down because Tottenham cannot set an asking price for the Bulgarian striker that would form part of the new agreement.

Dantchev said that the 27-year-old's future would be sorted out in the summer, revealing that there are several clubs interested in Berbatov who could offer him Champions League football.

"His future will be decided in the next couple of months," he said.

"We have twice given up talks about Berbatov's new contract and this is due to the fact that Tottenham are unwilling to fix Berbatov's transfer price.

"He is 27-years old and he needs to win trophies. It is time he was transferred to a club that regularly plays in the Champions League.

"There are seven to eight clubs in Europe interested and we know them well."

While Dantchev has spoke of his client's departure on several occasions, Berbatov himself has always maintained he is happy at Tottenham, where he has scored 45 goals since joining from Bayer Leverkusen for £10.9million in July 2006, and helped the club lift their first trophy in nine years by winning the Carling Cup in February.

However, his performances have seen him almost constantly linked with a move away from the North London club, with Manchester United among the favourites to sign the forward.

Tottenham manager Juande Ramos has admitted that the matter is out of his hands.

Ramos said: "Right now, we've got that player with us at the moment. I intend to enjoy having him and I'm delighted to have him here. As far as any future is concerned, that's a decision for the club."

A Tottenham club spokesman said: "Dimitar still has two years on his contract with an option for another two years and is on one of the best packages at the club."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17042008/58/premier-league-berbatov-agent-says-s-time.html
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 10:19

This seems to be turning into one big mess.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 10:23

Either 1 - get him to sack Dantchev
or 2 - sell him for 30million+

Sort it out, Berba!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 10:38

To be honest, I have already given hope of Berba staying, notwithstanding the Carling Cup win.

We will see a new forward pairing, not Keane and Bent, but Keane and someone. I can't see Bent figuring in Ramos' plan.

Time for a Keane + Kanoute pairing? (Wasn't they our 3rd and 4th striker at some point?)
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 10:48

Sell Berba for 30-40m and break the bank on Eto. Alternatively 10m on Luca Toni or cheaper still Santa Cruz. Spend the rest on 2 new goalies, Gattuso and Modric, 2 new centre backs, another left back and a proper left winger. And for god sake give the likes of Dervitte, Berbiche, Rose, Pekhart and one or two others a run out in the remaining 4 games to see what they're made of. They may well save us a few quid in the transfer market.
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 11:43

fellow yids

Have also read that Ramos has now made up his mind on the squad he is quoted as sying , He knows the abilities of all players and does not need to experiment . Who knows how the mind of the great one ticks .
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 11:45

He's gone. The caveat was CL or nothing at the start of the season and that won't have changed. He's knocking on, we've had two of his best years and someone will pay over the odds for him. Let him go to a 'bigger' club and become another bit part player a la Carrick, Saha, Bellamy and all those big fish in supposed smaller ponds that get found out.

Ta ta Berbs, thanks for the memories and good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 12:24

I'd rather he goes to Milan or another European club. Would hate seeing him in ManUre's colours
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 13:43

Hopefull with Moaningho at Milan (not an English club please).

Wish him the best of luck. I'm just pleased he played for us and gave a couple of his best years.

Thanks for all the GREAT memories !
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 13:55

This will rumble on all summer and eventually he will stay!

Berbs will be at spurs next year I will bet anyone 1000 that he stays

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 13:58

10-15 million plus Gattuso?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 13:59

Yes please
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 14:02

Number 10 wrote:

If it's true that Milan (either) will only pay 7-8 mil pounds for Ronaldinho, then more like 20 - 25 plus Gattuso imho.

But I like your thinking ....
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 14:08

Someone on glory glory met Levy at a function recently and Levy said the only thing he could not guarantee was that berbatov would still be here in 4 months' time.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 14:38

Enter The Pitbull wrote:
Someone on glory glory met Levy at a function recently and Levy said the only thing he could not guarantee was that berbatov would still be here in 4 months' time.

I wonder what it's like to have a discreet chairman....

... I guess we'll never know! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 15:19

You gotta love those ITKs

Someone on COYS claimed his mother works as a nurse and Berbatov was her patient. Berbatov said he loved it under Ramos and Ramos promised to build a team around him next season.

Suspect drunken
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 16:24

so does that mean that Levy can guarantee us the double next season??
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyFri Apr 18 2008, 19:44

Number 10 wrote:
20 million
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 11:32

Some poster on COYS wrote this

I have been to match today with my daughter who is 11, and after match she wanted to get some more signatures on her shirt, gus came out and she has not got his so signature so, asked him to sign which he was vey happy to she said i have only got room on back so turned round she has berbatov on the back of shirt, gus said "oh bebatov he is staying next season dont worry" . thought i would pass this on it maybe gus trying to cheer my daughter up or you never know it could be the truth.

But to be honest, I don't want Berbatov to stay. He has given us some fond memories, but if he stays and keeps giving us the shite performances and attitude like recent weeks, he might as well go immediately.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 22:43

James wrote:
Some poster on COYS wrote this

I have been to match today with my daughter who is 11, and after match she wanted to get some more signatures on her shirt, gus came out and she has not got his so signature so, asked him to sign which he was vey happy to she said i have only got room on back so turned round she has berbatov on the back of shirt, gus said "oh bebatov he is staying next season dont worry" . thought i would pass this on it maybe gus trying to cheer my daughter up or you never know it could be the truth.

But to be honest, I don't want Berbatov to stay. He has given us some fond memories, but if he stays and keeps giving (getting) the shite performances and attitude like recent weeks, he might as well go immediately.

.....Even last Saturday, he was still Player of the Match (BBC Sport).

Either sign up quality players around him, or let him go. Getting negative ain't going to help anyone.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 02:12

James wrote:

But to be honest, I don't want Berbatov to stay.

Cant see why anybody can really say they want him to go.

I agree with Hairy. Im mean, the whole lot of them have been mediocre piss poor since the CCF. Why are you singling Berbs out? Whats the deal? Is it trendy to say we dont want him to stay? Or what?

He's our best player - er, coffees all round please.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 10:20

Hairy / Harvey, I respect your views.

Berbatov is our best player - technically. No dispute about that.

But I am fed up with his constant sulking etc. What is the distinction between Klinsmann and Berbatov? Both played with a shite defence, a mediocre midfield. When a pass went astray, one would chase lost cause and cheer his teammates up but one would give up and stand there sulking.

When we attack with pace, often you will see Berbatov wandering into the box casually, leaving Keano in the box. He and Dalmat are the two laziest players to have played for Spurs as far as I can recall.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 12:28

I think too much attention is paid to what is in the media. Every week we read about what a sulker he is and his agent rattling on about moves to here there and everywhere. Of course thats all written to sell papers and generate a bit of hoo ha. Dont believe the hype.

And to be honest if we're comparing Spurs greats' and who were the laziest then look no futher than Mr Hoddle. Lazy arse who didn't give two hoots when things weren't going his way - but we love him.

Berbatov may not stay, but lets not wish him away.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 15:28

I'm of the opinion if Berbs wants to stay we should keep him.

However, if he wants to go we shouldn't be afraid to sell him for the right amount of money. Some of Arsenal's success is down is not being afraid to sell players for the right sum of money. Anelka, Petit, Overmars, Henry etc.

Had we done the same with Carr and Campbell we'd have picked up close to 30-40m.

Berbatov is 28yrs in August. If he wants to go and someone is prepared to pay 30m then so be it.

Simple. Don't keep a 28 yrs who doesn't want to stay if he is worth that amount as 12 months later his value will begin to plummet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sale of Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sale of Berbatov   Sale of Berbatov Empty

Back to top Go down

Sale of Berbatov
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next