Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Chimbo out, Faubert in?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Chimbo out, Faubert in? Empty
PostSubject: Chimbo out, Faubert in?   Chimbo out, Faubert in? EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 11:34

BORDEAUX winger Julien Faubert's agent has claimed that Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing him.

His agent, Philippe Sol has revealed that a move to Spurs could hinge on whether Pascal Chimbonda is still at White Hart Lane.

Chimbonda has been linked with moves to Sevilla and Chelsea in recent weeks.

Roma and Rangers are also interested in signing Faubert.

"A lot of clubs want to sign him," representative Philippe Sol told the Sunday Mail. "Roma would like Julien, as would Tottenham.

"But a move to Spurs would depend on if they keep Pascal Chimbonda.

"Rangers have shown the biggest interest and the passion to sign Julien is something that attracts him."
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Chimbo out, Faubert in?   Chimbo out, Faubert in? EmptyMon Jun 25 2007, 12:49

Be a shame to see Pascal go.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Chimbo out, Faubert in?   Chimbo out, Faubert in? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 00:46

Have I mised something? They say this guy is a winger. Now I know Chimbo likes to get forward but he plays full back - right? Hardly a swap for swap.

Anyway - my tuppence is I like Chimbo and want him to stay. I think I mentioned that before somewhere.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Chimbo out, Faubert in?   Chimbo out, Faubert in? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 01:01

Chimbonda is good going forward, but for me he's a liability when he gets isolated one-on-one. If we can get good money for him AND find a decent replacement I would be happy to see him go, he has no allegiance to anything other than money for me and will ship out sooner or later anyway.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Chimbo out, Faubert in?   Chimbo out, Faubert in? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 01:29

GDG wrote:
he has no allegiance to anything other than money for me and will ship out sooner or later anyway.

Agree with that 100% but isn't one of the most important things we need at the start of the season is stability and familiarity? If last seasons 1st team regulars are not there for the start of the season, the team will take 6 weeks to get it together. Our start to last season was a joke, possibly costing us that elusive top 4 spot. We've already got a new left back in Bale, Ledders is likely to miss the start of the season, Lee may be on his way out. I reckon we need Chimbo at the start of the coming season even if we dont need him for the next 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chimbo out, Faubert in?   Chimbo out, Faubert in? Empty

Back to top Go down

Chimbo out, Faubert in?
Page 1 of 1