Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?

Go down 
+5
DannyBoy
ezza
ozspur
Daniel
James
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? Empty
PostSubject: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 18:28

Question
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 18:32

anywhere in Tin Wan. BBQ pork and rice for 12 dollars. You'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Failing that I would suggest Soho - Cruz is nice as recommended by Ezza to me. In fact, Ezza is your man for resturants in HK. I'm not sure he has seen the inside of his kitchen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 18:49

Which area, James, and what sort of food? Agree with Daniel about Soho - some great restaurants there. I rate Olives as a good spot - good Turkish/Lebanese/Med food.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 18:55

Kitchens are for making cups of tea in, storing beer and wine or at worst resting home deliveries in momentarily as you fetch plates, cutlery etc.

I think the restaurant name you're looking for Daniel is Cru. Cruz is in fact the better half in the centre back partnership on Saturday night Laughing

As for other good recommendations I've been to recently: Wagyu on Wyndham St, Isola at IFC, The Press Room on Hollywood Rd (next to Mint), Aqua (for sushi lunch). Or you could try a good old fashioned ruby murray at Tandoori on Lyndhurst Terrace.

If you and Ellen like seafood and/or steak, my choice would be the Press Room. Reasonably priced, but wine is expensive.

Enjoy your evening and wish her a very happy birthday. Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? 24282
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:03

I like Olives too, thats a good call Ozspur. Stonegrill is pretty good too but pricey! Failing that Habitu in Lee Gardens in CWB is VERY nice and excellent quality.

I think I've also been to a place called Lowry's (sp?) Prime Rib in CWB too, the beef was amazing. I wouldnt suggest that for the birthday though. I'm just hungry Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:06

ezza wrote:

I think the restaurant name you're looking for Daniel is Cru. Cruz is in fact the better half in the centre back partnership on Saturday night Laughing

ahhh yes Cruz. was he toe or groin? Razz
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:09

Toe......likes a game of poke'her apparently
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:10

Shocked
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:12

Thanks all! There are so many restaurants lining up I can go until she's 40! cyclops

Dannyboy - that's Lawry's Steakhouse. The steak are amazing! Ellen in fact took me there on my b-day before joining Ezza, Daniel and Sean in one of our live matches at Skitz.

Stonegrill is not bad - I used to have its discount card (or reward card) but it is expired.

Ezza - sounds like Press Room is nice. Good that we don't drink so we can forget the price of the wine! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:15

and Tin Wan?
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:17

Daniel wrote:
and Tin Wan?

Let's go on your birthday Daniel - my treat! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 19:18

I'll hold you to that. In fact we can all go to the lovely Tin Wan for the day if anyone is up for it. :puke:
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 21:01

Habibi and Habibi Cafe on Wyndham Streeet, just below the escalator are both very good too. Habibi Cafe is a tad more formal, a bit pricier and has belly dancers of an evening. Habibi Cafe is more fast food Egyptian, hot and cold mezz, very reasonably priced but alas no belly dancer.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 21:52

GDG wrote:
Habibi and Habibi Cafe on Wyndham Streeet, just below the escalator are both very good too. Habibi Cafe is a tad more formal, a bit pricier and has belly dancers of an evening. Habibi Cafe is more fast food Egyptian, hot and cold mezz, very reasonably priced but alas no belly dancer.

Aha! Good shout sir. The food is indeed very good there. I went to Habibi Cafe (the less formal one) and it went down a treat.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 22:51

Habibi Cafe is my wife's favourite - it's cheap enough that we can pop in there regularly.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 22:59

I know its a bit cheesy but last celebratory outing with the wife we went to Cafe Deco on the peak. Old favourite thats somewhere in between in regards to price and formality. Food is great. Bonus is the new peak tower which is also great if you've not been there yet.

Failing that you could opt for a Tuna Melt at Als jocolor
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 23:07

I prefer the " Wake up little Suzie" burger in Al's, myself.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 23:46

Surely a burger at Al's would be perfect pre-match prep for our next game!
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyTue Jun 26 2007, 23:48

Alas, not. Bloody good lunchtime tucker though.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyWed Jun 27 2007, 00:34

James - I'm a big fan of Knutsford Terrace.

There's a very good Italian restaurant called iL Meglio

http://www.mhihk.com/
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyWed Jun 27 2007, 15:45

Cheers all - that should save me thinking of options until she's 50 now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyWed Jun 27 2007, 16:16

How about places where NOT to take her.

Jimmy's Kitchen - most overated restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyWed Jun 27 2007, 16:18

Tin Wan - anywhere
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyWed Jun 27 2007, 16:22

Better value than Jimmy's
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? EmptyWed Jun 27 2007, 16:23

I'll have you know I had a lovely bangers, mash, peas and gravy last week in Jimmy's - $135!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?   Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ellen's birthday this Saturday - restaurant recommendation?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next