Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

We Should Have Signed Joey Barton

Go down 
+5
spur'don
ezza
hongkongyid
GDG
Daniel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

We Should Have Signed Joey Barton Empty
PostSubject: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 00:48

Some steel, grit and determination. He will go great guns at Newcastle mark my words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 09:07

Looks like they'll be signing Viduka too, not a bad start to the window for Big Sam. Not sure I'd want Barton anywhere near WHL though, a serious and serial troublemaker.
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 10:08

With GDG on this one, no way should he be anywhere near WHL. Don't forget we still have Danny Murphy!!!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Agreed. Barton is a hooli, does nothing for team morale....   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 10:12

and it would cost the club a fortune in increased insurance premiums to safe guard everyone's hub caps. Mad

As for Big Sam and even Bigger Viduka, I reckon they'll both be gone by end of next season. The Geordie boys are doomed to failure once again.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 11:06

How can anyone doubt the grit of a man that can stub out a cigar in a mans eye? Couldn't see Jenas doing that the big girl..
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 14:08

Great teams are defined by their midfield. This is where is matters the most. 05'06 - Davids early on and the ever so consistent Carrick were vital.

We missed that holding midfielder in 06'07. I'd have liked to have signed Scott Parker. Assuming we don't invest in a new central midfielder, 07'08 will come down to whether Jenas and Zokora step up to fulfill their potentials. Both show glimpses of becoming a 'big gun' but they've got to do it consistently.

Assuming we don't lose anyone of our choosing - Bale's arrived, a new central half is expected, Bent will probably come, Defoe/Mido out. New left midfielder expected.

Is that enough to secure a top four place ?

Again, the answer depends on Zokora and Jenas.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 14:40

Not trying to be pedantic here but I remember The Crab aka Carrick being pretty poor at the start of his first season at Spurs.

Jenas for me is an enigma. If you see him in the flesh he does do a lot pf work but most of the time there is no end product. I have him down as 1 game in 4 player. I think I'd prefer constancy (and a good free kick taker) rather than a brilliant 1 in 4 timer. I think the areas we need to concentrate on are the defence and the forwards.

Top four? I think so. There was about 8 points between us and the scum which is us throwing points away at Watford, Sheffield and Wigan etc. If we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot I think we can catch an Henry and Wengerless scum team. I'm more worried about the chasing pack such as Villa,Blackburn and Newcastle
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 14:44

And Fabregas was quoted on Sky this morning as saying he'd leave Arsenal if Wenger left.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 15:22

good things come in 3's
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 15:22

Difficult to predict until transfer window closes.

However, the middle pack have the resources to get stronger - West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, possibly Man City all have large funds. I can see the middle order picking up points against the top four, particularly Arsenal and Liverpool and thus closing the gap between top four and chasing pack.

We can not afford to drop clumsy points next season.

05'06 our defence looked stronger because a). King featured most of season, b) Carrick / Davids carried out a lot of defensive duties. The only midfielder who offers any protection to our back four is Tainio.

Both Jenas and Zokora have a good engine but your right, the consistency and final product is lacking.

We need a decent central defender to provide adequate cover for King/Dawson. ( possibly allow King to place a holding midfield role for certain fixtures ? )

Are we going to gamble on Jenas and Zokora coming good ? Hell of a risk cos if they don't deliver forget finishing top four.

Robinson is returning to form - Lennon needs to do likewise.

Berbatov / Keane partnership looks adequate though Darren Bent will be a superb signing. Defoe ? Natural goalscorer who will bang 20 odd goals for which ever club he joins but he is so lazy which annoys me.

Must find a left sided midfielder. Who ? I'm not sure - prefer a younger player. These older squad players surplus to requirement in the top four often don't cut it - Butt at Newcastle - Duff at Newcastle.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 12:43

Reckon Barton would have been too big a risk. We do need someone like him, though. Also glad we didn't go for that mercenary git Parker. He's supposed to be a Yid but he's turned us down twice - once when leaving Charlton and again when moving to the Barcodes. So the task for Commoli and Jol is to find that elusive midfield battler - someone in the mould of Graham Roberts, Steve Perryman, Dave Mackay. Without a pitbull in there, I fear our midfield will always be overrun and we'll struggle to make the top four.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 13:52

Yeah, I'm glad we didn't go for that animal Barton.

Anyone think there may be credence in the idea of Ledley taking DM again, if we get in Kaboul to play with Dawson? Not sure its the best idea, but we do need some solidity there.

Personally I think Zokora is going to have an immense season and that'll make the difference for the midfield.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 15:27

What happened to Kaboul anyway? I thought that was supposed to be a done-deal?

I hope your right on Zokora. Just needs to work on his shooting.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 15:45

Some ITK on COYS forum said Kaboul will be announced on 1 July.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 17:10

That would be Dragon1, he sounds very confident with his predictions.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton EmptySat Jun 09 2007, 17:12

Is he normally right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Should Have Signed Joey Barton   We Should Have Signed Joey Barton Empty

Back to top Go down

We Should Have Signed Joey Barton
Page 1 of 1