Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Next season's XI plus wishlist

Go down 
+6
postie
Kin on Spurs
Janek
James
DannyBoy
Number 10
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Next season's XI plus wishlist Empty
PostSubject: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:21

Where do we see our strengths and where do we need to strengthen?

I'd like to see us line up like something like this:

New Keeper
(Robbo/Cerny/...)

Hutton - Woody - King - Chimbo

Steed - Jenas/Hudd - New Signing - Bale

Berba Keano

FB cover: Gunter
CB cover: Kaboul
CM cover: Zok
Wide cover: Lennon
CF cover: Bent

Meaning we need to go all out for a top centre-mid and a keeper, but otherwise have what we need. Second priority being another top lefty, a 3rd experienced centreback and a 4th striker.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:25

Stekelenburg/Gomes/Kameni

Hutton - Woody - King - Gilberto

Lennon - Hudd - Diego/Ribery - Bale

Berba Keano

Wide cover: Malbranque
CF cover: Pekhart
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:29

James, I think we will see a lot more changes to the starting eleven than the one you posted. I am quite sure this will be an extremely busy transfer window for us. I think only Berba (if he stays), Keano, Woodgate, Bale and Hutton are certain to stay. All the others (including yes, King and Lennon) will have to prove their worth to Ramos.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:31

I think your view there James is what the tabloids are saying. Afraid I don't give much credence to it. I can't see the team being ripped apart. 3 major signings: a keeper and centre-mid and one more. All for around 10mil each, perhaps going above our transfer record for a CM.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:32

I'm pretty sure you can add Huddlestone, Gunter and Gilberto to that list James
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:32

Number 10 wrote:
I think your view there James is what the tabloids are saying. Afraid I don't give much credence to it. I can't see the team being ripped apart. 3 major signings: a keeper and centre-mid and one more. All for around 10mil each, perhaps going above our transfer record for a CM.

If we could get Diego (unlikely) that would be amazing. He was brilliant for brazil vs sweden recently apparently...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:33

DannyBoy wrote:
Stekelenburg/Gomes/Kameni

Hutton - Woody - King - Gilberto

Lennon - Hudd - Diego/Ribery - Bale

Berba Keano

Wide cover: Malbranque
CF cover: Pekhart

I like your CM suggestions.

No JJ?

Steed is our best midfielder and should and will be given preference over Lennon.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:33

DannyBoy wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can add Huddlestone, Gunter and Gilberto to that list James

maybe but they may not get into our starting eleven
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:37

Number 10 wrote:

I like your CM suggestions.

No JJ?

Steed is our best midfielder and should and will be given preference over Lennon.

I don't think JJ would play well with Diego/Ribery, and I think the Hudd is far more consistent a player. Actually I think Zokora would play well with either of the two possible new signings. I just don't rate Steed as a wide player to be honest, i'd prefer him played centrally and i'm suprised he's not been given a chance there. However if Diego/Ribery came in, he would not warrant a place there, hence he goes on the bench. I'm being optimistic about Lennon, although have to say I've been very very disappointed in his lack of progress this season. I hope under a Ramos pre-season training he will improve considerably. He's still young and deserves another chance.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:38

My ideal signing this summer: His team are on the verge of a shake-up, he's 29 and may fancy one more challenge, and he's the bee's knees. A long shot but let's go for:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:44

I was watching Chelsea v Arsenal the other night and was wondering whether we should make a cheeky bid for Ballack and Shevchenko.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:51

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 16:01

James wrote:
I was watching Chelsea v Arsenal the other night and was wondering whether we should make a cheeky bid for Ballack and Shevchenko.

Were you on drugs while you were watching that game?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 16:02

Starting XI next season:

Kameni

Hutton Woodgate King Bale

Lennon Jenas Abelda Capel

Berba Keano

I've made a pure guess at Capel (Abelda and Kameni are more educated guesses) as I'm not sure what other left mids are out there and realistic targets, apart from Riera.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 16:11

Janek wrote:
James wrote:

I like Cudicini~!! Laughing Save him from Chelsea reserve.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 16:14

I don't really have a wishlist, I just hope that we have a repeat of the Ramos-inspired January (Woody + Hutton the Hun + Gilberto the Average = 18m) rather than the Comolli-inspired August (Bent + Kaboul + KPB = 30m).
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 16:26

Janek wrote:
James wrote:

As I told No.10, Jeremy, Linesmann and Tony at the dinner after the Easter Cup, I was watching the game lying on a massage bed in Shenzhen (Ellen was beside me). Whether the environment has affected my judgment is unknown.
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 16:49

Fellow Yids

What about a bid for Bentley , over for comment
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 17:00

Cameron, I think Bentley would be a good addition. I don't mind getting Bentley for Lennon. Bentley is improving all the time and is threatening to be a David Beckham type of player while Lennon has not been improving for the past season.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 17:09

Well, apparently Ramos is after Ronaldinho!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/28/ufnspurs128.xml
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 17:40

14 wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/28/ufnspurs128.xml

Nonsense. Lazy journalism.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 17:55

Number 10 wrote:
14 wrote:

In my view, Ramos will try to bring on some Latin players this summer to boost up the creativity of the team.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 18:13

Number 10 wrote:
14 wrote:

You're probably right but it has me thinking of Berbatov-Ronaldinho combos on a Friday about-to-be-off-work mood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 18:35

James wrote:
Janek wrote:
James wrote:

As I told No.10, Jeremy, Linesmann and Tony at the dinner after the Easter Cup, I was watching the game lying on a massage bed in Shenzhen (Ellen was beside me). Whether the environment has affected my judgment is unknown.

At least Drogba provided you with a happy ending...

Now there's a horrible thought if ever there was one, that ox would pull the damn thing off!
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 18:44

James wrote:
Cameron, I think Bentley would be a good addition. I don't mind getting Bentley for Lennon.
ME TOO

No body will care who does Ramos kick out if he can keep Berba in the BLUE WHITE ARMY Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next season's XI plus wishlist   Next season's XI plus wishlist Empty

Back to top Go down

Next season's XI plus wishlist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next