Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Should we update WHL?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Should we update WHL? Empty
PostSubject: Should we update WHL?   Should we update WHL? EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 12:35

There are a few plans being mooted to develop the Lane one of which is to flip the entire ground 90 degrees! What are your views? Should we or leave as it is but with a smaller capacity? I like WHL as is and would hate to see any changes but there is the money to consider. Any views?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Should we update WHL?   Should we update WHL? EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 12:58

We should forgo a home stadium. Instead play all our "home" games on the road - in other parts of the world in fact. Alternatively, ground share The Emirates. Both options would make financial sense.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Should we update WHL?   Should we update WHL? EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 13:22

ezza wrote:
We should forgo a home stadium. Instead play all our "home" games on the road - in other parts of the world in fact. Alternatively, ground share The Emirates. Both options would make financial sense.

Fantastic idea. I knew you'd come round to my way of thinking. It's all about the share price chaps !

Seriously though, Spurs should look to increase the capacity to boost revenues but at the same time not loss the intensity and advantage a full capacity brings. A sensible capacity of 52,000 with the option to increase if demand dictates is the right approach.

However, I suspect the knock on effect from the credit crunch will further delay a full scale development. Would surprise me if ENIC opt for a structured redeveloping starting with the East Stand and increase capacity to 42/44,000.

Last edited by spur'don on Mon Apr 07 2008, 13:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Should we update WHL?   Should we update WHL? EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 13:25

I love to stay at the present site or not stray too far from it. An increased capacity to c.50,000 would seem sensible. But the local council and whoever runs transport in London these days has gotta work with the Club to signifcantly improve underground, rail and road links.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Should we update WHL?   Should we update WHL? EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 13:45

Happy Valley Pitch 4 would be a nice home ground for us.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Should we update WHL?   Should we update WHL? EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 14:04

ezza wrote:
I love to stay at the present site or not stray too far from it. An increased capacity to c.50,000 would seem sensible. But the local council and whoever runs transport in London these days has gotta work with the Club to signifcantly improve underground, rail and road links.

Agreed with Ezza. WHL is a fucking pain to get to on London transport. I hate to think how much of my life has been wasted doing that 20 minute walk between Seven Sisters and WHL, a stretch of road where I think I can report I saw every crime on the UK statute book being committed over my years of watching Spurs.

I say keep the site and redevelop it, getting it up to around 50,000 which I think is sensible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we update WHL?   Should we update WHL? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we update WHL?
Page 1 of 1