Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

WIGAN v SPURS

Go down 
+15
Enter The Pitbull
Number 10
ozspur
GDG
hongkongyid
Bennycat
edman
spur'don
Hairy
Linesmann
Tottingham
Barry Lineker
Daniel
ezza
James
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 00:57

entertaining but meaningless.
fell asleep towards the end
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 01:03

An awful game, slightly predictable and a strange starting line up.

Agree about Berbatov. Let's take the money.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 02:08

i feel glad that i didn't went out to watch the game. we are worse than the 1st half of the season. we use to play good 75-80 min b4, but after the cup we won, we now only play 20-35 min good football.

we werre doing good one-two in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half, the only thing we do is let HUDDLESTONE kick the ball up front & let BENT have a run. also why we have to put o"hara be a left back???????? he can't even clear the ball past the half way line. he is never built to be a defender. even the offical web site said that he is a midfielder.

for the team, i don't mind if they are in the 2nd page of the table, i don't mind if they lost a few goal per match. what piss me off is when they just walk around & play like a they don't care. it make me shame to support them. :sms:
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 09:31

Those of you who think next season will be better - time to wake up. I can hardly recall such a shocking run of dispirited, disorganised and basically fucking crap performances. We've got our Spurs back Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 10:28

I'm not usually one for knee jerk reactions but the performances since the League Cup Final have been nothing short of a disgrace.

No professional footballer on planet Earth should need motivating to play football, and yet it seems that all that play for us at the moment need just that.

Berbatov won't be missed by me if sold, his attitude and petulance are really fuckin me off. The continual subbing of Keane, the one player tha runs his bollocks off for Spurs, is really fuckin me off. The two steps forward then 65 steps back by Jenas (in that one game is good and the rest poor) is really fuckin me off. Lennon's shit crossing is really fuckin me off. The constant bullshitting regarding King's injury is really fuckin me off.

Being pissed off with my team after winning a trophy this season and the Arse have won none is really fuckin me off.

The failure to beat Wigan, Boro, Newcastle, Blackburn and countless fuckin others is really fuckin me off.

I have one sugestion for Ramos & Gus and the other bloke that sits next to them, don't worry about experimenting for next season on the 1st team,
For the last 3 or 4 games drop the whole fuckin lot of them and play any youngster who's not played a 1st team match or even a minute of a 1st team match, they SHOULD play with a lot more pride.

Can't wait for Euro 2008 when England should....................................
Oh fuck it...
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 14:43

here's my long winded match report...

same shit, different day

end of
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 15:20

Wigan Vs Spurs: Poor

Surrey Vs Lancs: looks like we will make the northen monkeys follow on! cheers
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 18:13

Good to have another surrey cricket fan on the site ! Someone to share the misery.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 20 2008, 19:04

hongkongyid wrote:

I have one sugestion for Ramos & Gus and the other bloke that sits next to them, don't worry about experimenting for next season on the 1st team,
For the last 3 or 4 games drop the whole fuckin lot of them and play any youngster who's not played a 1st team match or even a minute of a 1st team match, they SHOULD play with a lot more pride.

For me, only Keane, Hutton, Woodgate, Bale and Malbranque (in CM) are worthy of a starting place come the new campaign.

Enough said about those not on my list.

Fuck! affraid ... that means we need 6 new 1st team players. I wonder whether Ramos' calculations might not be that far off mine.
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 00:04

Two pub sides trying to bore each other to death.

If jokecastle finish above us, we are truly crap. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 10:12

And the one thing that pissed me off more than anything else: The Three Amigo's laughing and joking at the final whistle with Steve "Elephant Man" Bruce. Without a care in the world. As if 1 point away to Wigan(FFS!) was a good result.

And yet again, The General failed to give any of our 4 or 5 reserve team youngsters worthy of a first XI run out a game. Instead he played the same old "formation for failure" with players out of position and established players who don't give a feck.

Quite frankly, The General is becoming negligent in this respect. He's heaping more and more pressure on himself and the team by the time next season comes around.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 10:38

I am somewhat surprised Ramos hasn't taken the opportunity to test fringe players. If he did and lost, the fans would accept it now but certainty not next season. Should we read into this a change of buying policy from ENIC with a focus away from young potential players ? If Ramos refuses to play with inexperienced players now he'll be even less inclined to do so next season.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 12:16

Ramos has lost the plot. Ramos OUT. Bring back BMJ Shocked
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 12:24

ozspur wrote:
Ramos has lost the plot. Ramos OUT. Bring back BMJ Shocked

Behave.

Up until the League cup final Ramos was making the correct calls. The moment Jenas missed against PSV I knew the season would end like this. The coming and goings at WHL this summer is gonna be the busiest ever. Ramos said he knows the squad well enough. Everyone, including the manager wants the season to end so we can begin rebuilding.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 12:26

Alternatively, The General feels these fringe players (Rose, Pekhart, Dervitte, Berbiche) are not good enough. In which case Levy needs to question our youth buying policy. In my opinion though, at least 2 of these players are worth a run out or at least a place on the bench. Interestingly, Forecast was on the bench on Saturday. But that was out of necessity I suspect.

Comolli OUT!
Back to top Go down
colininDB
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
colininDB

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 14:12

2 options:

Either there will be a mass clearout and I mean MASS at the end of the season and hardly any current players will still be there hence he is taking the view that it doesnt matter who plays in the rest of the games

or

He knows that the transfer kitty will not be there and he will have to make do with the current players he has and these are the best 11 or 13 he thinks he has

I must admit the current performance of the team is not making me look forward to next year. Hopefully things will change in close season.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21 2008, 22:40

If Ramos is not a success next season... I'll eat my shorts.

(i.e., I'm very confident he will be)
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 02:15

Hairy wrote:

whats your definition of success?
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 07:54

twiglet wrote:
Hairy wrote:

I believe you'll easily be able to tell me, come May '09.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 08:46

I just hope those that are running down our most successful manager and team since Satan was at the helm have the balls to admit they were wrong if we achieve similar (relative) terms of greatness next season. Some of us sound like fickle jawdees. The season is over. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 20:30

Daniel wrote:
I just hope those that are running down our most successful manager and team since Satan was at the helm have the balls to admit they were wrong if we achieve similar (relative) terms of greatness next season. Some of us sound like fickle jawdees. The season is over. Deal with it.

With all respect dear daniel, some of us are still watching the matches and it hurts big time, whether the season is over or not, to see such shockingly insipid perfomances. 3 years of reasonable success including 2 5th place finishes as opposed to mostly crap performances this year and two good wins against Arsenal and Chelsea. Instant gratification as opposed to long-term pleasure. I know what I prefer. The League Cup is but a distant memory now :-(
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22 2008, 22:30

I cannot even be fucked to argue the toss that a plucky 5th place two seasons on the bounce is better than destroying the vermin at the lane, beating Chelsea for the first time since WWI and winning us our first piece of silverware without having one full season at the club. We had equally insipid and shite performances under Jol but they were at the start of the season as oposed to the end as we witness now.

Yes, bring back jolly Martin of course what were ENIC thinking. Oh, and I still watch the games just not in Delaneys but how this makes my opinion less than valid escapes me.

Last edited by Daniel on Tue Apr 22 2008, 22:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23 2008, 08:57

Daniel wrote:
I cannot even be fucked to argue the toss that a plucky 5th place two seasons on the bounce is better than destroying the vermin at the lane, beating Chelsea for the first time since WWI and winning us our first piece of silverware without having one full season at the club. We had equally insipid and shite performances under Jol but they were at the start of the season as oposed to the end as we witness now.

Yes, bring back jolly Martin of course what were ENIC thinking. Oh, and I still watch the games just not in Delaneys but how this makes my opinion less than valid escapes me.

Shit here we go again. I must admit that I had got the impression from some of your previous postings that you hadn't always bothered to watch the games but I can't be arsed to find proof by trawling through mountains of posts. I shall refrain in future from even bothering to comment on your comments cos each time anyone dares to offer a different opinion it is taken as a personal slagging. If you are content to put up with the crap on display wherever you watch the matches, then fine. I'm not and judging by the general mood of most Spurs fans worldwide nor are many others. I suppose a spanking of Arsenal and a win over Chelsea is marvellous for a small team like ours. I suppose we should be eternally grateful to Lord Ramos for delivering us silverware. I suppose I should be as happy as a pig in mud. Can someone please tell me then why I am not exactly bursting with joy?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 16:36

twiglet wrote:
Hairy wrote:

Ramos has been a success this season. He has won us a trophy and given us our best moment as Spurs fans since 1991.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 11:09

absafuckinglutely ergo untouchable this season imho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIGAN v SPURS   WIGAN v SPURS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WIGAN v SPURS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next