Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Modric Signs - Official

Go down 
+15
hongkongyid
Hairy
ezza
twiglet
bad_baz
Linesmann
Kevin
Kin on Spurs
Barry Lineker
GDG
spur'don
ozspur
Enter The Pitbull
James
Number 10
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Modric Signs - Official Empty
PostSubject: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 10:31

It's on the official site.

Modric signs

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/lukatothelane260408.html
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 12:42

credit to the club for sealing the deal early and beating other teams to his signature
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 13:04

this is huge! this is the playmaker we have been waiting for! what a beast of a signing!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 13:24

Excellent news - first of many signings hopefully. Would be good to get everything done and dusted early so that when the players return for pre-season training the squad is a settled one.

PS The Croatia national shirt is truly the worst one ever.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 13:30

This is why i Ramos can't be bothered with the end of season performances. He already knows half the team is going in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see a completely new midfield.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 14:12

Is he a replacement for Jenas?

A Spurs player to look forward to at the Euro 2008 cheers
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 14:48

Seems like a pretty good signing, eh? Certainly the type of player and position that we need.

Perhaps getting Modric in early is a sign of things to come and may persuade Berba that we're going places?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 14:52

I must be getting old, I've never heard of him.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 15:51

GDG wrote:
I must be getting old, I've never heard of him.

My old man does quite a lot of work in Zagreb and they all say this lad is mustard/different gravy!
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 16:08

Number 10 wrote:
Perhaps getting Modric in early is a sign of things to come and may persuade Berba that we're going places?

Agree!! Very Happy Frankly, I really want Berba to stay...
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 16:16

I must agree with GDG - I've never heard of this bloke before. That said - most of you that posted here seem pleased with the signing. I hope this is a better investment compared to others in the past.

Is a central midfielder???
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 16:40

Wht a shocking news affraid

Give him the shirt No.14
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 16:44

The two Romanians

Rebrov

Acimovic

Bunjecevic

:sms:
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 17:23

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aUGD3IkVaA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZtYsLvRO1c

Seems to be a popular player. Will Berbs stay now? He's had CL before. It would be a massive achievement if Berbatov stayed and helped get Spurs into the CL. To be honest, before he came to Spurs not many people had heard of him so in a way, we've raised his global profile. Come on Berbs, stick around for one more season and see if we can make it. If by Jan 2009 it looks hopeless, move on.
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 17:31

Surely he signed just so he didn't have to wear that kit any more.......

Modric Signs - Official 7638-610
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 17:56

i saw a thing on the tv about him the other day - apparently the call him the new johan cruyff Cool
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 18:14

This guy is top banana. A class act. Reminds me of Ardiles. All industrious like in midfield, has got an excellent eye for a pass and can take players on. An excellent signing. One of the main reasons Croatia has become a top european nation these last couple of years. I'm absolutely chuffed. Bye Bye Zokora and TT. I don't think he'll replace Jenas.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 09:07

And Keegan, speaking this week, made no secret of his admiration for a playmaker who was also thought to have been a target of Barcelona.

"If you had a list of the midfield players around Europe who Newcastle could possibly attract, Luka Modric would be one of them," said Keegan.

"I think he would be pretty much on everyone else's list as well because he is a fantastic prospect.

"If you look at the midfield players who have a fantastic future, he would be one of them. But every other club in the league, from Arsenal and Manchester United, would like Modric."

Laughing

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/15m-Toon-target-signs-for.4023658.jp
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 12:36

Like GDG I'd never heard of him, so, watch the fucker get injured in the Euro's!!!
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 14:57

I just hope he isn't a future addition to our 'Team of the week' thread.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 15:06

ozspur wrote:
I just hope he isn't a future addition to our 'Team of the week' thread.
So do i..
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 19:37

He was at the Lane yesterday
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 07:53

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic says Luka Modric made the right choice in deciding to join Tottenham, rather than any other Premier League side.
The 22-year-old midfielder will join Spurs next season after they agreed terms with Dinamo Zagreb.
"Tottenham is a perfect club for Luka. Spurs are a better club for Luka than, for example, Chelsea," said Bilic.
"Chelsea could have bought him, Lionel Messi and Ronaldinho and then Luka could have ended up on the bench."
Modric had been linked to several other Premier League clubs - including Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle - but Bilic said Spurs boss Juande Ramos would get the best from the highly rated star.

Modric Signs - Official O606: DEBATE

Luka Modric - Good Signing?

"At Tottenham it will be different. Ramos will have patience with him so he gets used to the Premier League style of play," said Bilic.

"I'm certain that Luka will become their main power, the star of the team."

Modric, who has scored three goals in 24 appearances for Croatia, said Ramos had been a major factor in his decision.

"It is a big thing that Ramos wanted me in Tottenham so much," Modric said. "Ramos's desire was my major motivation to play at White Hart Lane."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7369852.stm

COME ON YOU SPURS !
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 08:40

Wasn't it just a few days ago that Bilic was saying that Modric should sign for Newcastle believeing they were more likely to be successful than Tottenham as they had the financial clout (stupidity?) to mix it with the big boys.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 09:23

ozspur wrote:
Wasn't it just a few days ago that Bilic was saying that Modric should sign for Newcastle believeing they were more likely to be successful than Tottenham as they had the financial clout (stupidity?) to mix it with the big boys.

Really ? ??... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official Empty

Back to top Go down

Modric Signs - Official
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next