Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Modric Signs - Official

Go down 
+15
hongkongyid
Hairy
ezza
twiglet
bad_baz
Linesmann
Kevin
Kin on Spurs
Barry Lineker
GDG
spur'don
ozspur
Enter The Pitbull
James
Number 10
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 09:36

You're right John. I read the same article about Bilic recommending Noocarsel to Modric.

Never mind. Their loss, our gain. This guy is the bees knees.
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:20

A great signing , the first of many i hope . Who would you guys sign for the goalkeeping spot , do you think Cerny should be kept as no 2 .
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:21

I'd sign Amelia from Livorno and Kameni. Let them battle it out for No1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:23

The guy at Villareal and Cudicini will do for me
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:58

Where will we play modric do you think? Bang in the middle, with Jenas alongside, or on the left?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:59

He will be our creativity so I think he will not be a striker or a defender
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 13:51

Gomes / Amelia + Cudicini
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 15:09

James wrote:

James, do you mean Jarque, the central defender?

He sounds like top quality.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 15:41

Hairy wrote:
James wrote:

No, the keeper. Villareal has confirmed that we have made our interest known a while ago. I watched him last night playing for Villareal v Betis and he looked solid.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 16:45

Source: Official Site

Luka Modric was present at White Hart Lane on Saturday following his agreement to join the Club from Dinamo Zagreb.

We caught up with the midfielder to get his thoughts on the prospect of playing for Spurs in the Premier League

What are your feelings on the move?
LM: I am very lucky and proud to be here in London at Tottenham. I am also happy that the coach Juande Ramos wanted me, it is the most important thing that the coach wants you as a player. I want to show that I have the quality for Tottenham and the English Premier League and help the club achieve big results.

Not a difficult decision then?
LM: It was not a difficult decision. Last night (Friday) the president of Dinamo Zagreb called me to tell me he had agreed a deal with Tottenham that was perfect for me. At first I was very surprised, then a few seconds later I was proud over the prospect of coming to England. It is right that many clubs in England were interested in taking me, but my favourite from the first meeting was Tottenham because I am a big fan of coach Ramos.

What about leaving Dinamo Zagreb?
LM: Of course it is not easy when you have spent many beautiful years at the club and in the city of Zagreb. I want a new challenge, a new competition and I am happy to be getting this opportunity. The time is right.

You have a profile in this country mostly through being part of the Croatia team that beat England. How important was that game to you?
LM: The game was not that important to us in terms of needing the points, but we wanted to show all the world that Croatia have a very, very good team. We did our best in this game, sorry for England, but in every game we want to win.

What ambitions do you have?
LM: I want to play for Tottenham in international football - Champions League or UEFA Cup games. I want to achieve big things with the club and be in the top group of teams in the Premier League.

Have you always been a follower of English football?
LM: I have followed it closely because three players from Dinamo Zagrab Niko Kranjcar, Vedran Corluka and Eduardo came to England and all three are among my best friends.

What challenges do you feel English football will present you with?
LM: The speed of the game is appealing and great stadiums with many fans. The speed and tempo of the games is a big factor.

Before you play for Spurs you will play in Euro 2008. Are you confident of success in Austria and Switzerland?
LM: In our qualifications group we played some very good football and won against some strong teams. I believe Croatia have the qualities to come in the first two in our group, that is the first goal and after that we will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 16:51

Modric revealed that Arsenal wanted to sign him last summer after raiding Zagreb for Eduardo da Silva. The 22-year-old says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger targeted Modric as a possible replacement Tomas Rosicky, in case the Czech Republic international left Emirates Stadium. However, Modric snubbed their overtures as he says he is no rush to leave Zagreb despite attracting interest from a host of top clubs.

"Yes, I was close to moving to Arsenal. Arsene Wenger tried to sign me at the same time that he signed my friend Eduardo, a great striker that I was sure would make it at Arsenal to replace [Thierry] Henry. Wenger wanted me because the Czech Rosicky could have left. It was an honour that a manager who works so well with the youngsters was interested in me, but I preferred to wait."
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 16:54

"If you had a list of the midfield players around Europe who Newcastle could possibly attract, Luka Modric would be one of them. I think he would be pretty much on everyone else's list as well because he is a fantastic prospect. If you look at the midfield players who have a fantastic future, he would be one of them. But every other club in the league would also be looking at him." Kevin Keegan
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 09:17

Exclusive interview with Modric on THTV

http://www.spurs.premiumtv.co.uk/page/sub/InterviewsDetail/0,,10282~1297189,00.html

Very insightful one also with Keano and his views of the season.

... much better than reading the 2nd hand bullshit on tribalfootball.com and imho worth the price of a pint!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 09:18

James wrote:
Hairy wrote:
James wrote:

No, the keeper. Villareal has confirmed that we have made our interest known a while ago. I watched him last night playing for Villareal v Betis and he looked solid.

Cheers James ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 16:50

Tottenham Hotspur plc is pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with Dinamo Zagreb and the Croatian international midfielder, Luka Modric, age 22 years, for the transfer of his registration to Tottenham Hotspur FC for a total consideration of Euro21 million payable in instalments over the next four years.

The player's contract is for a period of up to six years and the agreement is conditional upon the granting of a work permit.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14 2008, 10:01

This vid may cheer you up this glorious morning... Very Happy

http://harryhotspur.blogspot.com/2008/05/spurs-have-bought-21st-century-cruff.html
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14 2008, 10:44

Hairy wrote:
This vid may cheer you up this glorious morning... Very Happy

http://harryhotspur.blogspot.com/2008/05/spurs-have-bought-21st-century-cruff.html

Cheers Jason, that has bought a happy smile to my face this fine morn, can't wait to see him line up in that lilywhite shirt Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 Thumb_11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modric Signs - Official   Modric Signs - Official - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Modric Signs - Official
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2