Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Another sensational signing clinched!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Another sensational signing clinched! Empty
PostSubject: Another sensational signing clinched!   Another sensational signing clinched! EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 17:36

Signed by Spurs at eight years old

TALENTED Sean Jocelyn has signed a year's contract with Spurs - aged just eight years old.

The Beechview schoolboy had his pick of three Premiership clubs and Wycombe Wanderers but opted for the Carling Cup winners.

Chelsea and Reading were also chasing him but Tottenham are delighted to have won the race.

They see more than 1,000 youngsters of his age a season but made a big play for him after seeing him just once playing on The Rye for Loudwater.

Spurs scout Darren Britnell said: "I think he is something very special and as soon as I saw him I knew he was a real talent. He is the best boy I have ever seen in that age group.

"The first time I saw him playing I approached his mum because I didn't want to lose him."

He was playing in defence that day but Tottenham have now converted him into an attacking midfielder/striker.

Proud mum Karen said: "I was very shocked when this man from Spurs came up and approached me."

He has been training with Spurs for the past year but has now joined 11 other lucky youngsters in winning a year's contract with the White Hart Lane club's academy U9 side.

He is at Spurs three times a week and his mum has had to take on a part-time cleaning job so that she can afford the £50 per week in petrol it costs her to get him there.

She said: "I don't mind at all. How many kids get the opportunity to do what he's doing now?

"I am very proud of him. I knew he was good but I never thought that he would have three Premiership clubs and Wycombe Wanderers wanting him.

"It's everyone's dream and as long as he keeps doing what the coaches tell him to do he's got a chance."

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/sportroundup/display.p hp?artid=2223941&FROMPAPER=bucksfreepress.co.uk
Back to top Go down

Another sensational signing clinched!
Page 1 of 1