Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Etoo news

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyThu May 08 2008, 19:26

Tottenham Hotspur have made contact with Barcelona about the availability and asking price of Samuel Eto'o for next season and have been told that he can be theirs for 35million euros, according to a report.

Marca state that Barca have been receptive to Spurs' enquiry and will now wait and see what the English team's opening gambit is regarding price.

Juande Ramos was quoted as saying that if his club want to compete with the top four then they would have to sign the best players, like Luka Modric and Eto'o, and now appears to have followed up on that statement by making an enquiry.

Barcelona are set for a summer of sweeping changes and could be prepared to offload any number of stars in order to finance a rebuilding programme that will mean at least ten players going.

Eto'o has stated recently that he would leave next summer if the club endured a third season without a trophy, but the attraction of a move to the Premier League may help Tottenham's cause a year early.

With Frank Rijkaard looking likely to leave, the big names from Barca's Champions League triumph two seasons ago are also said to be on the way out with Ronaldinho and Deco, among others, to be offered to other clubs.

While Eto'o's name had not been highlighted before by the Catalan press as one to leave, a large bid from Tottenham could certainly have them working out how viable it would be to keep him.

The former Real Madrid forward is no stranger to interest from the North London outfit as he was expected to join them from Real Mallorca 12 months before moving to Camp Nou and he even dedicated a goal to the club's fans.

Spurs' interest in Eto'o could further cast a doubt over the long-term future of star forward Dimitar Berbatov - who continues to be linked with a big-money summer move.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyThu May 08 2008, 20:16

cheap at twice the price. Buy him NOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 01:57

Eto'o, Huntelaar, Milito or Villa... I'd be bonkers with delight if we signed any of them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 03:05

Some harmless stats:

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30902

until the age of 22 he was hardly prolific, just a steady striker with lots of potential. then in the 02/03 season he scored 14 league goals in 30 league games for Mallorca, with 19 in 36 in call competitions. The following season he scored 17 goals in 32 league games, with 21 goals in 41 games altogether. This is still for Mallorca, a team who at best only ever get into the Uefa Cup.

This earnt him a big money move to Barcelona, who had also just bought Deco and had already had Ronaldinho for a year. In his first season with the Catalans he scored 24 goals in 37 league games, with 28 in 42 altogether. Then, in the following season, he scored 26 in 34 league games, with 32 goals in 45 games altogether. They did a league and CHampions league double. Then comes last season, when he was injured for much of it and allegedly refused to come off the bench. In the league he only appears 15 times, scoring 11 goals, but he only acheives 13 goals in 24 games altogether, a parlty return of only just better than 1 goal in every 2 games! And now we come to this season, an apparantly awful season, in which once again he is hit by injury. He has only appeared 14 times in the league, and guess how many goals he has to his name.... 14! A goal a game in the league. Yes, that is awful. Especially awful when you consider that in all competitions he has a mere 18 goals in 20 games. What a bad signing he would be!

Yes, he has players like Xabi, Deco, Ronaldinho and Messi around him, all very creative. Well, not Deco, he's been awful, makes Jenas looks like Hoddle this season! And Ronaldinho has had all sorts of well documented problems this season and not player much. And Messi has been injured for more than half of this season.

Eto'o is a top class striker, he scored goals for fun, in terms of being a finisher when he's on form he's the best on the planet. My qualms about signing him would be that if we lost Berbatov and sign him we don't have a number 9 anymore... but then again, netiher to Man U or Barcelona, and they play better football than anyone, and also his recent injury record, but if we spent that much money i'm sure we'd make sure that they were not broken.

I don't care how good the midfield behind him is, he has just had 6 seasons of top quality strikers returns in a row! It doesn't matter if its Hoddle, Ginola, Best and Zidane supplying him, that's good in anyones book. If we could sign him, and its a big big if, there is every chance that he would be great for us. I love Berbatov and wouold not trade him for anyone, but Eto'o is one of the few strikers who could appease me!

Note, two days ago before I really thought about it I was less in favour of Eto'o, then i saw sense!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 10:56

I'd bloody love it if we can sign Eotototoo and Gattuso.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 11:25

I would wet myself in delight if we signed those two.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:38

How old is Eto ? Isn't he 29 yrs ?

The problem is these sort of players build a reputation during their peak years of 22-27 yrs. We all get excited about signing a superstar for multi millions just as they are beginning to fade.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:39

i read he's 27. he's class and ramos should know all about him. i say break the bank to sign him.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:43

ezza wrote:
i read he's 27. he's class and ramos should know all about him. i say break the bank to sign him.

I thought he was older. If he is 27 yrs old then I change my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:47

you know what these african players are like. he's probably 43.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:50

Well sihkfc have first hand experience of what happens to players in their 40's. Remember that goalkeeper who played for just 10 minutes !!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:51

it was too long ago. can't remember him at all. i heard he was brilliant though for those 10 mins. Smile
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:58

Comolli got rid of him. Best thing he has ever done !!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 16:15

Laughing

The Eto'o thread has been hijacked, but in a most amusing way.

Sign him!!!!

He just turned 27.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 09 2008, 16:18

I was lucky to have seen Eto'o played at Nou Camp 2 years ago in a league match against Osasuna. He is one of the best forwards around.

He is surely an upgrade on Drogba (without the "cuntiness")
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyFri May 16 2008, 00:18

Spurs told: Eto'o will cost you £27m - but Levy set for weekend Barcelona meeting

Last updated at 09:39am on 15th May 2008
Etoo news CommentIconSm Comments
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is understood to be planning to fly to Barcelona on Sunday as the club step up their bid to sign Samuel Eto'o.
The London Evening Standard reports that head coach Juande Ramos has made Eto'o his first-choice signing to play up front next season and Levy wants to do everything possible to get his man.

The Cameroon international has been told he is no longer required by Barcelona and put up for sale.
Inter Milan have already contacted the striker's agent but Spurs have been encouraged by the 27-year-old's desire to play in England.
Eto'o said: "The Premier League is a top league, so to play there will be fantastic and a good challenge. I want to be a 'Pichichi' [top scorer] there as well. I am a top player and I can play in any country."
Spurs, who are believed to have sent a club official to Spain after Barcelona lost to Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, have been told they will have to pay around £27m for Eto'o.
They will also have to somehow fund his £100,000-a-week wage demands, which breaks the pay structure at the club.
The fact they will only be in the UEFA Cup and not the Champions League next season is also not in their favour but that won't stop Levy from trying to sign one of the best strikers in the world.
The club will be able to fund the deal by selling Dimitar Berbatov, who is wanted by Barcelona, Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Sell Berba for 35M (doable if we handle it well), pay Barca 25M and pay Eto'o 100k a week with the change for the next 3 years. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news EmptyMon May 19 2008, 08:36

Samuel Eto’o’s agent has exclusively told setantasports.com that Tottenham Hotspur president Daniel Levy has not met with the Barcelona star regarding a summer transfer.

The Spanish press has stated that Levy made the trip to Catalunya in order to start concrete talks, with Cameroon international Eto’o believed to be top of Spurs' summer wishlist.

Barca are planning massive changes this summer after coming to the end of a cycle at Camp Nou, and their Cameroonian star, who was booed by many fans following the last home game of the season, is tipped to move to The Premier League.

A swap deal between White Hart Lane hero Dimitar Berbatov and Eto’o has even been suggested by the Spanish press, but now it emerges Spurs are far from closing a deal for the African goal machine.

Jose Maria Mesalles, who represents the African’s interests, confirmed exclusively to setantasports.com: “I do not know if he [Levy] met with FC Barcelona, but with Eto’o it is totally wrong.”

....I'm not dissapointed if true. I'd rather we are after Giovanni Dos Santos (and Diego Milito).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Etoo news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Etoo news   Etoo news Empty

Back to top Go down

Etoo news
Page 1 of 1