Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

FIFA proposes 6 + 5

Go down 
+2
Janek
Hairy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

FIFA proposes 6 + 5 Empty
PostSubject: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptyFri May 30 2008, 19:04

(min) 6 national (British) players + 5 foreigners.

Hopefully may that cause the scum and the chavs some concern!

pirat
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptyFri May 30 2008, 19:19

Can't see this happening in Europe, it is in flagrant breach of EU law
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptyFri May 30 2008, 19:41

Janek wrote:
Can't see this happening in Europe, it is in flagrant breach of EU law

Agree. I'd be amazed if it became law.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptyFri May 30 2008, 19:55

Bosman ruling appears to favour your judgements, however, I whole heartedly agree with the principle.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptySat May 31 2008, 09:23

Is it British, or English? It should be English, given that the other home nations have their own teams. Which would mean Keano, Hutton and Bale wouldn't count. Good job it won't have any legs once the EU gets its teeth into it.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptySat May 31 2008, 09:58

True, I can't imagine the other Europeaan Football Associations being happy about allowing that.

Lord knows what Blatter thinks his winning argument is, but if nationality if his key, then the Welsh & Scots and Northern Irish would qualify. Sadly not Robbie though, but I'm sure we could easily accomodate for him !

In any case, the EC has made its position clear on this issue and I can't see where "Blatter the nutter" is heading with this

Him and the other shitcunt Mosley should let go of power from their respective positions.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptySat May 31 2008, 14:14

Firstly, reducing the amount of foreign players will have zero impact on the English national side. The World Cup is a knock out tournament so often the team which wins requires a degree of good fortune and luck. Were the Italians really the best side in 1982 and 2006 ? Greece in 2004 ?

England showing at world events before the influx on foreign players amounts to one win and a semi final appearance. McClaren would have messed it up even if Ronaldo and Torres were English. England failed to qualify because of the manager, not the foreign players.

Secondly, this proposal is Blatters way of trying to curb the power and influence of the English Premier League. Such is the popularity of the English PL even mid table clubs can secure players from other European leading teams. I don't think Europe likes the dominance of English teams in CL and quite honestly i could see next season english teams making up all four places in the semis.

Finally, I don't give a damn where the player comes from who scores goals for Tottenham. I'm paying top dollar to watch the best available players in the world, not some half rate arrogant twat who is on the pitch because of his birth place.

I'm absolutely opposed to the idea.

Last edited by spur'don on Sat May 31 2008, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptySat May 31 2008, 16:22

Envy (PL), Lust (power) and Greed (where do you want me to start?) are 3 of the deadly sins.

Let Blatter hang by his own bloody rope.
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptySun Jun 01 2008, 10:37

England failed to qualify because of the manager, not the foreign players.

I would add that England failed to qualify due to the wankers that run the FA, those spineless balless dickheads who appointed Mclaren in the first place. What concerns me most is the fact that Blatter didn't manc on about all this quota shit when the Italians and he Spanish kept getting into the Chumps League Final.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:12

spot on Sean. Spanish and Frogs. Jealousy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:54

hongkongyid wrote:
England failed to qualify because of the manager, not the foreign players.

I would add that England failed to qualify due to the wankers that run the FA, those spineless balless dickheads who appointed Mclaren in the first place. What concerns me most is the fact that Blatter didn't manc on about all this quota shit when the Italians and he Spanish kept getting into the Chumps League Final.

Very well put.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA proposes 6 + 5   FIFA proposes 6 + 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

FIFA proposes 6 + 5
Page 1 of 1