Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Latest Transfer Rumours

Go down 
+8
ezza
Hairy
James
Janek
spur'don
DannyBoy
Daniel
postie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Latest Transfer Rumours Empty
PostSubject: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:27

Juande Ramos is planning a summer clearout at Tottenham with Paul Robinson, Darren Bent, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Gilberto, Younnes Kaboul, Adel Taarbet and Jamie O'Hara all set to be axed by the Spaniard. (Sunday Mirror)

Samuel Eto'o is believed to have asked Tottenham for an annual salary of £7.8m, three times more than any other player at White Hart Lane. (The Observer)

The north London club will turn to Argentina striker Diego Milito if Dimitar Berbatov leaves the club. (The People)

Spurs are also hoping to hijack Liverpool's bid for Blackburn winger David Bentley and are prepared to offer £7m plus Aaron Lennon and Hossam Ghaly. (The People)

West Ham defender Anton Ferdinand is set for a £6m move across London to join Tottenham. (Various)
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:35

I'd be sad to see O'Hara leave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:56

The mirror = bollocks.

O'Hara has only recently signed a contract extension to 2011.

I sincerely doubt Gilberto, Kaboul, KPB and Bent will be sold.

Robbo definetly, Taarbat perhaps but I see no urgency needed there. He's still young, ditto KPB an Kaboul

Loans for the first two (Taarabt + KPB) and more time for the last one (Kaboul).

Hell, even Bent should be given more time. When he starts and gets a bit of consistency he's not bad (see game vs Reading)

Last edited by DannyBoy on Mon Jun 02 2008, 12:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 12:41

DannyBoy wrote:
The mirror = bollocks.

O'Hara has only recently signed a contract extension to 2011.

That's true. Can't see him leaving so soon.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 14:13

Some ITK has said that they only signed him on that contract so they can sell him! Typical Spurs.

I agree, I don't see him leaving. There has been a lot of interviews with him on the website and he won the young player of the year. I'm sure Ramos doesn't see him in his first XI next season, but I'd still expect him to be a squad member and probably make 20 to 30 appearances.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 14:20

He's just getting into the England U21 squad, signed a new contract and as you rightly mentioned has been featured heavily on the website - "Jamie O'Hara Week".

I have to say, I'm delighted how he's done this season and this is, in part, due to the fact that I do still consider him a "HK Spurs" player due to his participation in the HK Soccer 7s last year for the Spurs Team!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 14:50

DannyBoy wrote:

I have to say, I'm delighted how he's done this season and this is, in part, due to the fact that I do still consider him a "HK Spurs" player due to his participation in the HK Soccer 7s last year for the Spurs Team!

Yes, I've followed him more closely last season due to his HK soccer 7's appearance.

If we have signed him to sell him then well done Spurs. Better than letting him go for nowt or cheaply.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 14:59

I like O'Hara's commitment. Big thumbs up for taking a penalty in the PSV game. But he is just another Dean Marney I am afraid. Not good enough for Spurs.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:12

James, there's no way he is another Dean Marney.

He's played several games to a good standard - marking Ronaldo at Old Trafford, vs the scum, vs Portsmouth (away) and match changing substitution appearance against Derby and Portsmouth (home).

He's got a cultured left-foot, an eye for pass and is a tenacious player.

Marney had ONE game where he was outstanding (against Everton, I was at the Lane for it and he really was superb) Apart from that nothing. Not sure how you can really compare the two to be honest scratch

Of course, this is all conjecture and only time will tell, but I think he is far, far superior to Dean Marney. He's only 21 and it'd be a HUGE error to write him off already.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:13

spur'don wrote:

If we have signed him to sell him then well done Spurs. Better than letting him go for nowt or cheaply.

There is that, but I think it's highly unlikely we'd extend someones contract until 2011 just to turn around and sell them in the summer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm struggling to see how he'll get a place in a midfield that - hopefully - contains:

Lennon - Modric - Giovanni - Capel, not forgetting the likes of Zok, Hudd, Jenas, Malbranque and HOPEFULLY but unlikely Gattuso or some other Defensively minded midfielder.

Looking at that we'll surely be selling players from the midfield...

Last edited by DannyBoy on Mon Jun 02 2008, 15:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:18

DannyBoy wrote:

He's played several games to a good standard - marking Ronaldo at Old Trafford, vs the scum, vs Portsmouth (away) and match changing substitution appearance against Derby and Portsmouth (home).

Marney had ONE game where he was outstanding (against Everton, I was at the Lane for it and he really was superb) Apart from that nothing. Not sure how you can really compare the two to be honest scratch

Of course, this is all conjecture and only time will tell, but I think he is far, far superior to Dean Marney. He's only 21 and it'd be a HUGE error to write him off already.

I beg to differ. From what I have seen, O'hara is a fierce tackler who works his socks off every game, but he offered nothing going forward. He instilled energy into the team when he was first promoted to the senior squad but that's all. O'hara's left foot didn't produce a lot of end product, which I assume might be one of the reasons that Ramos put him at LB for some games (which was a disaster). His best position I think is CM but I don't think he can cut it at this level.

I like him (I even had a photo taken with him) for all his commitment but I don't think he will feature as much next season.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 15:24

James wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:

I beg to differ. From what I have seen, O'hara is a fierce tackler who works his socks off every game, but he offered nothing going forward. He instilled energy into the team when he was first promoted to the senior squad but that's all. O'hara's left foot didn't produce a lot of end product, which I assume might be one of the reasons that Ramos put him at LB for some games (which was a disaster). His best position I think is CM but I don't think he can cut it at this level.

Actually his left foot DID set up several goals. Notably vs portsmouth, Man City away and he scored all-important goals in the UEFA cup and vs pompey at home, so I disagree with you there. He only played a handful of games in his preferred midfield position and when he did he often contributed goals or assists. I agree with you about the problem of his positioning though. He's probably at this stage (only 21) not good enough to play CM - with the caveat IF we don't sign any other midfielders, he's got just as much right as Jenas, Zok and Thudd imho - and he doesnt have the pace to play LM and maybe not LB due to his defensive deficiencies.

Regardless, I think he is very much a part of Ramos' squad, due to the contract extension and the progress he has made at international level. I think you'll find that pre-season everyone will have pretty much a clean-slate to show what they can do.

I do think that if we sign half the midfielders we're supposed to, he'll not get too many chances mind. But he's certainly no Dean Marney.

Last edited by DannyBoy on Mon Jun 02 2008, 16:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 16:08

I was in 2 minds whether or not to take part in this discussion, especially as you and James appear to be very knowledgable on the bloke. However, I couldn't resist adding my penny and say that I agree with James.

I think he may have reached his talent glass ceiling, so a season out on loan to try to establish himself by playing regularly for say, Hull or QPR is better than wasting his valuable time in the reserves. Lee Barnard (another SpurinHK) comes to mind.

Good luck Jamie.

Last edited by Hairy on Mon Jun 02 2008, 16:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 16:11

O'Hara is a trier and definitely has passion for the club. Good to have that in the squad, but can't see him getting too many starts in midfield. If he gets regular games at Left Back then we'll have problems achieving anything next season.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 16:17

Hairy wrote:
I was in 2 minds whether or not to take part in this discussion, especially as you and James appear to be very knowledgable on the bloke.

Hairy, you must never let ignorance stand in the way of making you voice heard! Let me be your mentor in spouting rubbish! :blah:
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 16:23

Don't get me wrong he'll never get regular starts in the midfield, if we sign the players we should: Capel, Giovanni et al.

And yes if he's LB regularly we'll be in trouble.

It's more I the idea that he'll be sold so soon and the idea that he is a "Dean Marney" that I initially disagreed with.

That and I reckon he should be given one more season now that he's actually cracked the first team to see what he can do. He never once looked out of place (left back aside, and god knows we've had some worse make-shift ones: stalteri, paul; tarrick, maurice) so let's see...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 16:57

Without doubt, he is a terrible left-back. Bale, Giberto, Chimbo, YP, Gunter and even Rocha and Gardner are better in that position.

He has potential as a left-sided midfielder and I agree with Danny that he has a very cultured left foot. When he's played midfield, he's whipped numerous crosses into the danger zone from deep positions. But therein lies his problem: he's not quick enough. So he doesn't get past a fullback to cross from the by-line.

I think we all agree, he's not quite up to the central midfield role at the moment (though he may mature into it, like the Hudd)
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 17:04

Number 10 wrote:
Without doubt, he is a terrible left-back. Bale, Giberto, Chimbo, YP, Gunter and even Rocha and Gardner are better in that position.

Not really on topic, but speaking of which Gunter got absolutely roasted by Robben in the recent friendly - Holland vs Wales

Number 10 wrote:
He has potential as a left-sided midfielder and I agree with Danny that he has a very cultured left foot. When he's played midfield, he's whipped numerous crosses into the danger zone from deep positions. But therein lies his problem: he's not quick enough. So he doesn't get past a fullback to cross from the by-line.

A good point, but beating the fullback is not always the requisite for a wide man. See Beckham, David. And also having pace does not neccessarily a good wide man make either. See Lennon, Aaron.

Number 10 wrote:
I think we all agree, he's not quite up to the central midfield role at the moment (though he may mature into it, like the Hudd)

This is the main point I'm trying to make. I see him as a player with potential and I feel it's far to early to judge him having reached his "Glass ceiling". He's no dean marney and should be given pre-season and the next season, something Ramos clearly feels as well due to the contract extension.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 17:09

Stop over-analysing and dissecting my post. I'm agreeing with you! (kind of)
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 17:16

Number 10 wrote:

You made some good points, worthy of dissection! I was also agreeing with you (kind of).
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 17:23

DannyBoy wrote:
Number 10 wrote:

You made some good points, worthy of dissection! I was also agreeing with you (kind of).

Latest Transfer Rumours Curry_10

Come along you two, play nicely!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 18:12

We are! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 00:43

:

Last edited by Hairy on Tue Jun 03 2008, 09:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 08:57

Think he's been mentioned on this forum previously (Ezza?)

Too good to pass up on if we have any chance....

FABRICIO COLOCCINI

Squad Number 07/08: 5
Date of Birth: 22 January, 1982
Nationality: Argentina
Contract: 2005 (January) - 2011
Transfer: €3 million (January, 2005, from AC Milan)
Previous Clubs: Deportivo (January, 2005), AC Milan (2004-2005), Villarreal (2003-2004, loan), Atlético de Madrid (2002-2003, loan), Alavés (2001-2002, loan), San Lorenzo (2000-2001, loan), Boca Juniors (1999-2000, loan), AC Milan (2000-2005), Boca Juniors (1998-2000), San Lorenzo
Buy-out Clause: ?
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 78 kg
Position: Defender/Midfielder (central/right)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argentinean defender COLOCCINI had just turned twenty-three when his move to Deportivo finally was realized at the end of January 2005. The player had been related to the Galicians since his excellent performances at Alavés (2001/2002) but finally was released by AC Milan after having experienced several loan deals. From then on the Galicians had a full Argentinean national player in their squad who played at the 2006 World Cup and since then has become a leader at the club. Despite interest this summer of mainly Real Zaragoza, he stayed at the club and his more stable performances should help Deportivo to survive this difficult season.

In March 2000, five years before his move to Deportivo, by then 18-year old Coloccini signed at Italian giants AC Milan in a transfer that was cloaked in controversy. Milan were alleged to have agreed the transfer with Coloccini's father rather than Boca. Coloccini senior later used his parental right to remove his child from Argentina and, after a protracted legal fight, FIFA ordered Milan to pay Boca compensation. Considered an enormous talent, aged barely sixteen he had made his debut at Boca Juniors in the highest Argentinean division and that same year he won the Torneo Apertura. His move to AC Milan was only on the paper though as Coloccini (quick, strong in the air and good with the ball at his feet) was loaned back to Boca Juniors and later to San Lorenzo, where he won the Torneo Clausura 2001.

In that same year the teenager made his debut in the Primera División at his first of what would become four Spanish clubs so far: Deportivo Alavés. The Basques had months earlier lost a dramatic UEFA Cup final against Liverpool (4-5 aet by an own goal) and were looking for ways to stay at the top places in Spain. AC Milan had taken Javi Moreno and Contra from the successful 2000/2001 team and the Basques for their part achieved a loan deal with the player who had just won the FIFA World Youth Championship with the Argentinean U-20 team. Aged nineteen, blond Coloccini played thirty-three matches for Alavés, scored six goals and was considered one of the biggest talents in Spanish football. Coloccini himself experienced a big shock when his mother died in May 2001. The player admires her and needed therapy from an Argentinean psychologist to overcome this setback. When On 21 October 2001, el Día de la Madre in Argentina, he scored two goals against Valladolid he raised his shirt and showed the tatoo dedicated to his mother. His first goal in Spain he had scored on 22 September of that year against… Deportivo.

Continued....

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/squad/coloccini.html

0:47:41 Tuesday 3rd June 2008
© 2008 Deportivo-La-Coruna.com
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours EmptyTue Jun 03 2008, 14:37

True, true... I'm bored.

....Gomes or Coupert

Hutton (*Chimbo and Gunter / Woodgate Dunne or even Coloccini (King + Daws), Gilberto Plus Bale as cover.

Dos Santos (Lennon) / Modric (Jenas and Malbranque) / Tiago (Huddlestone, Zokora) / Capel or Bale
Keane and Milito

FUCK ME, THAT WOULD BE AN AWESOME SQUAD ....AND A BLOODY GOOD CALL FOR A TOP 4 FINISH NEXT YEAR UNDER GENERAL RAMOS !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Transfer Rumours   Latest Transfer Rumours Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Transfer Rumours
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next