Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

the guess of Berbatov final destination

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eldenng
David Tuttle
David Tuttle
eldenng

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-25

the guess of Berbatov final destination Empty
PostSubject: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:27

Hi all,

As the transfer window is approaching, I think all spurs fans have already had mental preparation for the departure of Berbatov. Here is my analysis of his final place(if he had decided to leave this summer)

AC Milan: If he goes there, he still could not play CL. If so, why does he leave Spurs? Apparently, the answer should be MONEY! So, if Berbatov went to AC Milan, I will regard him as another "Sol CXXXXXXX".

Chelsea: I think it would be one of the proper places for him to go if he "really wants" to play CL. With the expected departure of Drogbra, Berbatov will be one of the perfect replacement for Chelsea. However, is Spurs willing to sell him to his rivals? For me, if I were Levy, and I saw considerable money on table, I would.

Real Madrid: Spurs' board and fans are more willing to sell Berbatov to them rather than other England teams. For the asking price around 20m to 25 pounds, it should be fine for them.

Barca: They should be in the same situation as Real Madrid. Money is not a problem for them, but their willingness to sign him is the main factor.

Man Utd: Honestly, I don't want Spurs to sell him to Man Utd. We have already lost Carrick, our former playmaker, to them. I don't wanna see Man U using Berbatov to play against us. It is horrible for me. To be honest, I don't like Freguson either.

In my opinion, if Berbatov does leave, I would like to see him landing on Barca, Real Madrid or Chelsea.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:31

eldenng wrote:

In my opinion, if Berbatov does leave, I would like to see him landing on Barca, Real Madrid or Chelsea.

Good article and appreciate your opinion.

However I could never, ever agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Chris

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:33

any team outside england is perfectly acceptable
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:41

Chris wrote:
any team outside england is perfectly acceptable

Agree with Chris.

However, I've got a feeling he will end up at Old Trafford.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:44

Incidently, I have no problem with Berbatov going to AC Milan.

If he goes to Milan, I suppose I can see the tenuous links with the Scumbell thing - i.e. going for the money and them not in the Champions League.

But it's really not the same:

1. We'd be getting 25-30 million for Berbs as oppose to f*ck all for Scumbell.

2. He's never said repeatedly "I'm definetly staying" and then buggering off to AR3ENA1 of all people.

He's far more of likely to be an obvious parallel of Scumbell if he goes to Chelsea, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:49

It's not just about CL football either. He wants to win domestic honours, ie championship titles.

AC Milan cannot offer him CL next season but they could push for the title. Spurs will struggle to make the top four, never mind win the EPL.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:52

Actually that bring an interesting question up, Jez...

Because of the increase in status of the champions league...do players care about winning the domestic leagues anymore? Or do they just want to play for clubs who are guaranteed a top 4 so that they are assured a champions league spot and more specifically have a genuine chance of winning said competition:

Liverpool, for example, who havent been near to winning the league in ages and I'm sure there are other similar teams throughout europe. It's been a while since AC Milan won their domestic league etc.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 16:59

If you believe the ITK (although many have conflicting stories), we have received no official bid for Berba. Barca thinks he is too slow (E'too v Berba). Likewise Real Madrid. AC wants Eto'o. Chelsea has no manager.

Looks like Man U will be his likely destination. However I agree with Chris and Dannyboy. I don't want him to play for another EPL team.
Back to top Go down
eldenng
David Tuttle
David Tuttle
eldenng

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination EmptyWed Jun 04 2008, 18:11

thanks for all replies

Why do I would like to see him off to Chelsea b/c I think that Berbatov will feel regret to land there as he is not a "superstar" there anymore. In Spurs, he could be another legend if he is willing to stay and helps spurs grab the CL qualification. It is a milestone for every player. I bet that it is hard for fans to remember every player who had helped MU, Arxxnal to win the EPL title a few seasons ago. But it would be a sweet memory for a player to help his team to achieve another stage. That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the guess of Berbatov final destination   the guess of Berbatov final destination Empty

Back to top Go down

the guess of Berbatov final destination
Page 1 of 1