Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Ramos on Berbatov

Go down 
+4
Number 10
ezza
James
Hairy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 02:29

Ramos on Berbatov DimitarBerbatov_733594

The Spurs boss has indicated his preference would be cash for the player rather than a swap deal.
"I've spoken to him many times and know exactly what he wants," said the Spaniard.
Ramos, when asked if it is possible to change Berbatov's mind at this stage, added: "No, I understand perfectly well that big clubs want to sign him."
Berbatov has recovered from a groin injury and is available to play against Liverpool on Sunday, which could be a farewell appearance if an appropriate bid is tabled over the summer.
With Berbatov tipped to eventually grace the Champions League, Spurs have looked at other strikers in case he leaves.
Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o has been linked with a move to Spurs and the Catalan giants have suggested they would study any bid made for the Cameroon forward.
Ramos said: "Obviously we have to cover our backs in case the player decides to leave and we have to have options to replace him.
"I would obviously like him to stay here but we don't know how future negotiations will go so it is something I cannot guarantee.
"If there are offers coming in for the player we will see if they convince the club and the player as well.
"What we want is for the player to be happy and enjoy his football. The player has the key to this and it is up to him at the end of the day.
"If that happened I'm sure the club would prefer to have the money because with the money they would be able to sign the players necessary.
"They would be able to look on the market for appropriate players."
Ramos believes it will be possible to replace Berbatov if he leaves, adding: "Of course there are great players in Europe that can do just as well as Berbatov."
Berbatov is one of many potential departures this summer as Ramos shapes his squad for his first full season in the Premier League.

lol!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 10:24

As I said in another thread, I think we should use Berbatov as bait to negotiate with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona or AC Milan to do a swap deal with their players, who otherwise would not have come to join us.

Berbs is our biggest chip and we need to use it wisely.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 11:21

Spot on James. It's time to stop fecking about with young players for the future. Bring in top world class, experienced players irrespective of age who can help us deliver now.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 13:18

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:41

ezza wrote:
Spot on James. It's time to stop fecking about with young players for the future. Bring in top world class, experienced players irrespective of age who can help us deliver now.

I'm okay with this providing we don't break the bank of England to sign 'superstar' players who are beginning to fade and suffer injuries due to age. Davids signing was okay because he was free even though he was well past his best.

£25m for Eto would be irresponsible without first having the finances of CL football.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:47

I am doubt about the signing of Eto'o

Shouldn't we find a similar replacement once Berba is going to say gdbye to us?

Everyone know Eto'o is gd but he's just a totally different style compare to Berba .
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:50

i think eto'o would be perfect for general ramos' style of play. quick passing, quick breaks, plenty of use of two wingers.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 16:17

ezza wrote:
i think eto'o would be perfect for general ramos' style of play. quick passing, quick breaks, plenty of use of two wingers.

I completely agree.

Personally, I'm coming round to the idea that losing Berba may end up being a good thing and allow us to play more in the Ramos way. I'm a big believer in systems ahead of individuals, and having someone like Etoo (or, dare I say it, Bent) as the front man in the system Ezza refers to makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 18:16

I think Berba will do his bery best to prove himself in this "farewell" match this Sunday playing against Liverpool.

Eto'o is a good deal but I would go for David Villa if possible...
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov EmptyFri May 09 2008, 22:57

I wonder what the crowd reaction will be to Berbatov this Sunday. Also wonder if they'll parade the League Cup after the match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ramos on Berbatov Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramos on Berbatov   Ramos on Berbatov Empty

Back to top Go down

Ramos on Berbatov
Page 1 of 1