Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Kevin-Prince Boateng

Go down 
+6
eldenng
Hairy
Tottingham
twiglet
Linesmann
spur'don
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13 2007, 17:07

eldenng wrote:
herer are some videos of Baoteng

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6421824

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1998917211

Hmmm, looking at the vids the boy looks mustard (yeah I know edited vids could make anyone look class)
I say get him in bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13 2007, 23:58

chivers wrote:
i think Boateng will be a great attribute for spurs but i don't really trust our youth system.

The only thing spurs do with young talent is present false promises and in the end leave the players in a worse position than when they arrived.

In the past 5 years have invested in decent young players e.g. Rohan Ricketts and Reto Ziegler, let me remind you that 2 years ago Reto was voted the Tottenham Hotspur Youth Player of the year. Throughout that year he performed amazingly and after that what does Mr Jol do, he leaves Reto out of the team from then onwards whilst loaning him out to Hamburg, Wigan and Samdoria.

Thank you.

you totally say my feeling out

I really upset about tht
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14 2007, 11:04

A rich benefactor,
A Board with a consistent strategy,
A mangement team who's trusted and respected by the players,
A manager with a sense of history and passion,
A squad of top class (some even world class) players, the likes of which we've never seen before (at least not for 20 years),
A team that's beginning to deliver results in the last 2 - 3 seasons,

and two 5th placed finishes in a row..........the future looks sunny to me.

Looking forward with relish to the new season and I full expect a top 4 finish.

COYS :bmj:
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14 2007, 12:03

I agree the future looks bright. A top 4 spot is a realistic possibility, however I also feel some fans are underestimating the strength of Arsenal and Liverpool.

I'll hold my final judgment until the end of August when all the summer transfer activity is complete.

Ezza - in another posting you mention its crucial King plays majority of games. Absolutely. In 05'06 we enjoyed an injury free season of key players until right towards the end of the campaign. A fit King is vital.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14 2007, 14:46

ezza wrote:
A rich benefactor,
A Board with a consistent strategy,
A mangement team who's trusted and respected by the players,
A manager with a sense of history and passion,
A squad of top class (some even world class) players, the likes of which we've never seen before (at least not for 20 years),
A team that's beginning to deliver results in the last 2 - 3 seasons,

and two 5th placed finishes in a row..........the future looks sunny to me.

Looking forward with relish to the new season and I full expect a top 4 finish.

COYS :bmj:

That little rouser certainetley whets it for me Ezza sunny
Back to top Go down
eldenng
David Tuttle
David Tuttle
eldenng

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14 2007, 19:11

I agree with what Spur'don said. Aresxl and Liverpool have gained lots of world-class experience(championship league etc.) and they have top managers with them(wenger etc.). And also lots of young lads are eager to be one of their members due to their reputation. Therefore, I think that spurs' fans are really underestimating them. Though Henry has left Arxxxxl, Wenger at once made a decision to buy a striker to lower the impact of Henry's leaving. However, after carrick's leave, Jol didn't make a quick action to lower the impact of the leaving of carrick. I think that suprs still needs a key player, who could link up the others player in order to make the attacking more smooth.
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15 2007, 02:21

Hertha`s general manager, Dieter Höness, was quoted as saying "We have agreed a deal with Tottenham. Their offer matches our valuation and there is no need for any more negotiations. We have given them permission to talk with Boateng."

The deal is believed to be for €7.5m (approx £5mill) which eclipses the earlier offer from Seville of €4.5m.

This may cause a problem in that Seville can offer CL football, but if the boy has any sense, expect him to be on the official site wearing the white shirt soon.

So who is he?

The good news - he`s 20 years old, 6′2″, 13.5st and he`s a regular first teamer for Hertha having broken through about two years ago.

He is generally described as a creative central midfielder with comments such as 'talented playmaker` often used to describe him. He is generally regarded as one of the 'most exciting prospects` in the Bundesliga where "his strength and power gives him presence in the midfield, but it is his tactical awareness and ability to create and score goals that has seen Jol make his move."

In 2006 he was awarded the Fritz Walter gold medal award (whatever that may be) and the title of the Best Young Player in Germany.

As I am sure you will agree, that all sounds brilliant, as he may be the missing piece from our midfield. However, I`m afraid to say, it isn`t all perfect. Boateng has dubbed himself 'the Ghetto Kid' and has numerous tattoos to represent his upbringing in a tough area of Berlin.

He is renowned just as much for his outspoken approach off the pitch and has already earned a reputation as a showman, dividing fans and critics.

So, he has dual German / Ghanaian nationality and has represented Germany at U16,U19 & U21 level although is yet to make his debut for the national team. Ghana asked him to represent them at last summer's World Cup Finals, but he refused and was commended in Germany for his choice.

However, after not being picked for recent squad's by German coach Joachim Löw, he reportedly said that he would play for Ghana if he was continuously overlooked (Freddie Kanoute anyone?). All in all, it sounds like a pretty good buy for us. He could be the talented midfielder we have been after and might provide the spark we sometimes lack with JJ & Zok in the middle. Despite this, he may become a bit of a liability off the pitch, especially if he is on the bench. So, what do we think folks???
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15 2007, 14:30

May i say: GD bye my Thomas?
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31 2007, 20:20

Spurs are set to tie up the signing of £4.5million Hertha Berlin midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng this week.

The tough-tackling 20-year-old is expected to sign a five-year contract at White Hart Lane.

Boateng hit the headlines in his homeland two years ago when he scored from inside the centre circle for Germany in a 3-0 win over Greece during a European Under-19 Championship game.

He has also represented his country at under-16 and under-21 level.

Boateng is expected in London this week to agree personal terms and have a medical. Signing him would bring manager Martin Jol's spending to £39million.

Tough- tackling terrier ? ??... Surprised

While I was not initially warmed to the necessity of signing KPB, he is starting to sound a bit more like an Edgar Davids than Jemaine Jenas. study

If that's the case, let's give him a try :bmj: .
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31 2007, 23:30

IanG wrote:

In 2006 he was awarded the Fritz Walter gold medal award (whatever that may be) and the title of the Best Young Player in Germany.

The Fritz Walker award is giving for outstanding Tuba playing in the Omm Paa Paa band at the Munich beer festival. My Grandfather won it twice in the 1940's
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 08:12

twiglet wrote:
IanG wrote:

The Fritz Walker award is giving for outstanding Tuba playing in the Omm Paa Paa band at the Munich beer festival. My Grandfather won it twice in the 1940's

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng   Kevin-Prince Boateng - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin-Prince Boateng
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2