Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax Empty
PostSubject: Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax   Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax EmptyMon Jul 23 2007, 08:25

Wesley Sneijder has pledged his future to Ajax for another season.

The Dutch international playmaker has been linked with moves to Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa in recent weeks, but he will now stay with Ajax for the 2007/08 campaign.

Sneijder had set his heart on leaving the Dutch giants last month, but has now made a u-turn on his future.

Sneijder said: "This decision gives me peace of mind, and we have the chance to have a fantastic season with Ajax. We are gunning for the championship and we can go far in the Champions League."

Managing director Maarten Fontein added: "This is very good for everyone. For Wesley, for the team, for the club and for our fans. Especially with the ambition that Ajax have this year. With this team we can accomplish many things,"

http://tottenhamhotspur.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=897&p=2&stid=8451798

He could have been great for us in CM playing alongside Zokora... I'm slightly dissappointed, but looking forward to the silver lining !
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax   Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax EmptyMon Jul 23 2007, 10:39

Never mind - Ajax slapped a silly price on his head.

So who do we turn to now ?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax   Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax EmptyMon Jul 23 2007, 11:30

Spud Murphy affraid
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax   Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax EmptyTue Jul 24 2007, 00:52

I would be a lot, lot happier starting the season with Martin Petrov covering the left wing.

I would be very surpised if he didn't come as he's already been quoted as having said he love to join Spurs.

From what I've seen him playing for Athletico Madrid, Petrov is a very, very good player.... after Bent, I think he will be our 2nd important sigining of the season.

Are you listening :bmj: ?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552

PostSubject: Re: Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax   Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax EmptyTue Jul 24 2007, 01:27

I don't know enough about him to comment on whether he will be an asset, however I do agree it does seem Petrov will end up wearing a Spurs shirt.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax   Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax EmptyMon Aug 13 2007, 13:07

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6943512.stm

Sneidjer to Real
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax   Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax Empty

Back to top Go down

Wesley Sneidjer Pledges His Future to Ajax
Page 1 of 1