Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Downing talking shite on skysport

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Downing talking shite on skysport Empty
PostSubject: Downing talking shite on skysport   Downing talking shite on skysport EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 17:40

Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing insists he was never interested in a move to Tottenham.

Spurs are long-term admirers of the Middlesbrough winger and have made numerous bids over the past 18 months to try and land him.

However, the 23-year-old says a move to North London was not an appealing option.

"I knew I would not go to Tottenham and settle," he told the Daily Express.

"At this time, I am happy to stay and I have signed a new contract at Middlesbrough.

"Maybe one day I'll move on, go to a bigger club, but I'm happy here."
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Downing talking shite on skysport   Downing talking shite on skysport EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 17:54

don't think its shite mate - the only conclusions from that interview that he appears to be making is that 1) he wants to stay up north (which i think is ridiculous with the amount these players earn today - they can get helicopters to any part of the country with those wages) and 2) that Spurs are a bigger club than Middlesblow... that's how I read it anyway.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Downing talking shite on skysport   Downing talking shite on skysport EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 18:36

A lot of home sick footballers about. Dyer wanna move south, Downing to stay up north.

Aaahhhhh ! Mummy boys
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Downing talking shite on skysport   Downing talking shite on skysport EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 19:48

Tottingham wrote:
don't think its shite mate - the only conclusions from that interview that he appears to be making is that 1) he wants to stay up north (which i think is ridiculous with the amount these players earn today - they can get helicopters to any part of the country with those wages) and 2) that Spurs are a bigger club than Middlesblow... that's how I read it anyway.

Agreed, my reading is that Downing acknowledges that Spurs are a "bigger Club" .. hehe .. Cool ! Cool
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Downing talking shite on skysport   Downing talking shite on skysport EmptyWed Aug 01 2007, 22:59

Haven't you gone yet? Talk about the long goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downing talking shite on skysport   Downing talking shite on skysport Empty

Back to top Go down

Downing talking shite on skysport
Page 1 of 1