Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Blues abandon Ghaly bid

Go down 
+7
spur'don
James
yankee yid
Daniel
Kevin
GDG
Linesmann
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Blues abandon Ghaly bid Empty
PostSubject: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySat Aug 04 2007, 01:02

Birmingham City have scrapped the transfer of Hossam Ghaly from Tottenham Hotspur.

On Monday, the Premier League newcomers confirmed Ghaly had moved to St Andrews in a ?million deal from Spurs.

The Egyptian midfielder had agreed a three-year contract, with the move subject to a work permit being granted.

But Blues have now revealed that the deal is off and that Ghaly will not be heading to the Midlands.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Birmingham City Football Club can today confirm that they will not be proceeding with the transfer of Hossam Ghaly from Tottenham Hotspur due to footballing reasons."

The decision to ditch a deal for Ghaly follows on from the failure to agree personal terms with Spurs team-mate, and fellow Egyptian, Mido.

Birmingham were able to disclose some good news on Friday, though, following the twin signing of Liam Ridgewell and Franck Queudrue

Suspect
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySat Aug 04 2007, 10:06

Bollocks. Have we sold any of the chaff yet? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySat Aug 04 2007, 11:55

I think we need to get rid off some dead woods ... Spurs can't be continuing at carrying their wages
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySat Aug 04 2007, 12:36

Indeed, two crap players at 25k per week = one more player of Bent's quality, we need to get 'em off the payroll.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySat Aug 04 2007, 14:03

from another internet site, a Birmingham supporter writes...

"Apparently Bruce was not impressed by his attitude all week and the deciding factor was today during a training session. Alledgedly his attitude was poor, pretty much what you lot had posted on our board, so Bruce spoke with some of the more senior players and decided to pull out of the deal before he totally destroyed the squad.Sorry boys but it looks like we've done well not signing the t**t, especially as overpaid big egoed gits like him took us down the season before last. Think you will do well this season even if you have got a peni5 like him in your squad."
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
yankee yid
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
yankee yid

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySat Aug 04 2007, 14:56

How do we ever sell the guy now? This + his shirt-throwing tantrem will scare off most clubs. I'm sure we'll get rid of him but probably now at some cut-rate price. Get he and Mido out of the club as soon as possible...and Murphy, completely useless these days.

I was never a huge Davies fan - maybe I can't forget that stupid dance he did when he scored on us - but I am beginning to think that he'd be a good addition. Get he and that Barnes lad from Derby (supposedly available for 5mm) and we'd have some of the best young talent in Britain.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySun Aug 05 2007, 01:18

From skysports

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce has explained his reasons for pulling the plug on Hossam Ghaly's move to St Andrews.

Blues pulled out of a deal for the Tottenham midfielder on Friday citing "footballing reasons" for the decision.

Bruce has now revealed Ghaly's unacceptable attitude in training and a row with the player was behind the Egyptian's shock exit.

Stunned

"His agent left a message and said that he [Ghaly] wasn't happy with the standard of players here," Bruce told the Birmingham Mail. "I couldn't believe what I was hearing - and I've kept the message on my voicemail.

"When he had his one-to-one session with (fitness coach) Dan (Harris), he was moaning we 'don't do this, don't do that' at Tottenham, it 'wasn't right' and 'ridiculous'. He had a right petted lip on. Yes, strong words were said and he was told in no uncertain terms that if he didn't like it, he should clear off.

"There's no way I'm going to have someone criticising the squad, especially when they are supposed to be their new team-mates. And I'm not having anyone upsetting the togetherness and spirit we have worked so hard to build up here.

Anger

"I've had this before with a former captain [Kenny Cunningham] complaining about all sorts and I'm not going to keep fighting things like that. Yes, we train our players hard and we expect them to put the work in.

"What we do here was good enough for a World Cup winner [Christophe Dugarry] and so was our club and players.

"Hossam Ghaly came from Tottenham's reserves and we were quite prepared to give him an opportunity to play regularly and establish himself.

"He had had the summer off and after reporting back hadn't trained properly for a couple of weeks or so as the transfer negotiations got going. For the previous four or five days he'd done nothing. He was way, way behind in his fitness."
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySun Aug 05 2007, 11:45

A good reference from your previous employer.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySun Aug 05 2007, 12:43

This will probably deter other club from signing him too.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptySun Aug 05 2007, 22:08

Ooh, liking my new "bored legend" status.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 10:48

One thing I cannot understand...

If Ghaly was sold to Brums, surely the Brums should be looking to offload him if he had problems with the Brums! Why should he go back to Spurs because he didn't like Brums?

Only reason is that the transfer hasn't come through 'completely' or there is a clause in the contract that the transfer is only completed upon Ghaly obtaining a work permit (which has not been issued).
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 11:38

work permit wait gave Brum the opportunity to cancel the transfer... a loophole they took advantage of, and while unfortunate for us as we still have to get rid of him, Brum are within their rights to do this and I think they have made a smart move.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:01

Is he going to be disruptive influence in the Spurs training camp.

Reckon Jol can handle the situation though.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:08

spur'don wrote:

thi smay be a stupid question but...can you sack players? Can we not sack the shirt throwing arab on the grounds that he has scuppered his transfer deliberately?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:10

But if we sack him wouldn't that mean he can leave on a Bosman ?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:16

Cut our loses. ditto Mido.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:24

Daniel wrote:
spur'don wrote:

thi smay be a stupid question but...can you sack players? Can we not sack the shirt throwing arab on the grounds that he has scuppered his transfer deliberately?

We have to pay him for the remaining worth of his contract if we sack him.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:27

James wrote:
Daniel wrote:
spur'don wrote:

We have to pay him for the remaining worth of his contract if we sack him.

Are you sure? Im not sure if throwing your shirt would be classified as a sackable offence but if he was legitimatley sacked then why would we need to pay him?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:28

Thats what I was going to say.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:33

Can't think of too many sackable offence in a football club. Throwing your shirt is certainly not one. Sacking a player is a multi-million litigation in waiting.

If we can legitimately sack him, I agree we do not need to compensate him for his loss. But then we could get nothing from the potential sale proceeds. That would be 3-4M?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:38

And I suppose being SHITE doesn't qualify? No
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 12:44

James wrote:
Can't think of too many sackable offence in a football club.

Just coz its a football club, what makes it any different?

The usual stuff should all apply - punching the boss, drunk on duty, stealing etc etc

Admittedly you may want to forgive some of those offences considering the money involved but I assume the laws still the same

Wouldnt of thought being shite would count Ezza - if that were the case we'd have only had about 3 players a few years back
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 13:19

the only issue with the shirt throwing issue is the case has been closed... he was suspended and fined at the end of last season, so he cannot be sacked for that now as the punishment has already been handed out.

I'd love for Ghaly now to be shipped off to Sunderland and try this shite on Roy Keane.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 13:47

[quote]The usual stuff should all apply - punching the boss, drunk on duty, stealing etc etc[quote]

Twiglet, your post reminded me of that dodgy keeper we signed yonks back from some non league club. He played centre forward is his early career and then became a keeper. But his "safe hands" became thieving ones apparently. Got caught more than once nicking from the dressing room and caught shipped off back to non league footie somewhere. Now what was his name :scratch:he usual stuff should all apply - punching the boss, drunk on duty, stealing etc etc[quote]

Twiglet, your post reminded me of that dodgy keeper we signed yonks back from some non league club. He played centre forward is his early career and then became a keeper. But his "safe hands" became thieving ones apparently. Got caught more than once nicking from the dressing room and caught shipped off back to non league footie somewhere. Now what was his name scratch
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 13:50

[quote="ezza"][quote]The usual stuff should all apply - punching the boss, drunk on duty, stealing etc etc[quote]

Twiglet, your post reminded me of that dodgy keeper we signed yonks back from some non league club. He played centre forward is his early career and then became a keeper. But his "safe hands" became thieving ones apparently. Got caught more than once nicking from the dressing room and caught shipped off back to non league footie somewhere. Now what was his name :scratch:he usual stuff should all apply - punching the boss, drunk on duty, stealing etc etc
Quote :

Twiglet, your post reminded me of that dodgy keeper we signed yonks back from some non league club. He played centre forward is his early career and then became a keeper. But his "safe hands" became thieving ones apparently. Got caught more than once nicking from the dressing room and caught shipped off back to non league footie somewhere. Now what was his name scratch

You better ask someone how to do qoutes and emoticons first Ezza Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blues abandon Ghaly bid   Blues abandon Ghaly bid Empty

Back to top Go down

Blues abandon Ghaly bid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next