Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Funny but it hurts....

Go down 
+3
spur'don
Number 10
Bennycat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bennycat
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Bennycat

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Funny but it hurts.... Empty
PostSubject: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptySun Sep 16 2007, 23:50

Got this from another website, very true methinks...

Arsenal dressing room:

Wenger - "Right listen closely this is what we will do. Tottenham will try and defend their lead and hang on for one nil, [suppressing a laugh] they try this every year. Their CBs will camp out on the edge of their penalty area, they already started this behaviour as soon as they scored. We now have 3 in central midfield versus their two so Diaby and Flamini, push on and occupy Jenas and Huddlestone. That combined with their defence dropping too deep will allow Fabregas the freedom of the pitch and allow him to run the midfield. Sagna and Clichy, you two can push on and occupy their wide midfielders, Fabregas will always find you when he has time on the ball. Lennon is no threat on the left and will be told not to leave Lee unprotected anyway when he comes on. Malbranque will leave his position on the right to try and help out in the centre once they realise they are overrun. Our CBs can push right up as neither Berbatov or Keane are quicker than Toure. And remember, you are all fitter than them and they will tire."

Arsenal Players - "Yes boss."

Tottenham dressing room:

Jenas - "Cracking goal mate"
Bale - "Thanks mate."
Lennon - "Who's up for clubbing tonight?."
Jenas - "I'm in."
Jol - "Hey, settle down lads. Listen to me. We can win this 1-0."
Berbatov - "But we never keep a clean sheet, surely we must look for the second goal?"
Jol - "Don't worry, I know what I am doing. We can still score a second from a set piece."
Berbatov - "But we never score goals from set pieces and we already got lucky from one once today. We don't even practise them."
Jol - "Don't worry Berbatov, I know what I am doing. Now, Bale, you're having a great game. Sagna hasn't had a run at Lee once yet. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing out there on the left."
Berbatov - "But he hasn't done anything? Not one dribble, not one shot, not one cross. He just scored from a free kick."
Jol - "Don't worry Dimitar, I know what I am doing. Now, Jenas and Huddlestone, great game, you dominated the midfield first half."
Huddlestone - "But they are still not tiring out, and have Rosicky on the bench, we need help."
Jol - "Don't worry, Malbranque will come inside and help out, and Robbie will try and stop the ball getting to Fabregas."
Berbatov - "That plan didn't work in the two cup games against them did it?"
Jol - "Don't worry, I know what I am doing. Anything to add Chris?"
Hughton - "Yeah, I've drawn a really nice picture of you boss."
Jol - "That is great work little man".
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptySun Sep 16 2007, 23:56

Sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 00:23

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 01:11

We didn't lose because of tactics. Maybe Jol should've told Berbatov and his forwards to practise more one on ones.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 09:40

Yup, how many goals have our forwards (combined) scored so far this season?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 10:34

Oddly enough on paper we have one of the deadliest strike force in the PL
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 11:30

GDG wrote:

They have scored their respective quotas of this season in all the pre-season friendlies against Crappy FC.
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 15:23

spur'don wrote:
Oddly enough on paper we have one of the deadliest strike force in the PL

"Our squad looks good on paper. But paper teams win paper cups"
- Howard Wilkinson
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 15:23

GDG wrote:

Less than Mido.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 16:42

Well, Berbatov score a good goal against Fulham and Bent scored with a header 2 cm from the line against Derby. Rolling Eyes They've had some spectacular misses though. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... EmptyMon Sep 17 2007, 17:27

Enter The Pitbull wrote:
GDG wrote:

Less than Mido.
If it wasn't so sad, that would have made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funny but it hurts....   Funny but it hurts.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Funny but it hurts....
Page 1 of 1