Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI

Go down 
+2
spur'don
LoubyLou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI Empty
PostSubject: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptySun Jan 20 2008, 22:59

Saturday 10th January 2008. Shing Mun Valley Sports Ground.

It was with a combination of fear and trepidation that engulfed me as I embarked on the epic voyage to the New Territories to watch my very first SiHKFC match.
What HAD I let myself in for? The last time I had seen some of these guys was.......the previous evening drinking lager at Als as if it were going out of fashion!!
I had heard a lot. This match had a lot to live up to. The SiHKFC had a lot to prove and I'm hard to please.

The team were greeted by our very own Ramos - a stern and vociferous No. 10 who, within minutes showed he meant business.
The squad comprised of a new and promising goalie, KC (a positive Cerny to Edmans Robinson). Dannyboy, Hairy, Savio and Jez were the formidable four at the back. A couple of new boys, Mike (wearing No.24) and Macca(?) were supported by Tottingham, BarryLinekar and Bailey (not all at once of course....although it may have helped!!) Sam and No.10 completed the line up.

After a heart warming pep talk by No. 10 the team, looking resplendent in their new kit, marched onto the (very nice) pitch to fight for their first win of 2008.

All was going well, SiHKFC looked confortable, despite the varying fitness levels!! However, after a great save from KC, the first of many, some sloppy defending lead to a goal for Savio XI. Sloppy defending from the Lillywhites.......sound familiar?

The rest of the half was mostly Tottenham. We played some good football - Mike missed a free kick but momentum was high and after a Steeeeeeeed-esque run from No.10 followed with a lovely cross Macca was able to blast one home from the rebound of Sams shot.

What better way to spend half time than with another team talk from motivational spaeaker James10? However, there was a little underlying tension within the team. A quote overheard from the defence
"why does everyone get rid of the ball as soon as they get it? They're playing football but act like they're suprised to find a bloody football at they're feet".

The second half gave us a foresight into the Spurs v Sunderland match with the woodwork keeping the score lower than expected. Keeper KC had a blinding debut and is very much welcomed on board.

The scoreline, as is usually the way with Spurs, flattered the opposition but lots of excellent individual play, notably KC, Mike and No.10, should give the SiHKFC a really positive vibe. THFC lost 2 - 1 in their first match of 2008 so both teams can and will keep improving throughout the year.

There was cramp, blisters and bleeding toes: a great match despite the scoreline!!

Reporter: LoubyLou

ps. LoubyLou will not be held responsible for any incorrect information.
pps. photos to follow - I dont understand computers.
ppps. COYSiHKFC
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptySun Jan 20 2008, 23:04

Great report.

Did make me laugh the way 3 of us collapsed with injuries in the last minute.
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptySun Jan 20 2008, 23:14

spur'don wrote:

Did make me laugh the way 3 of us collapsed with injuries in the last minute.

Yeah!! I was mightily glad it WAS the last minute else James would've had me donning a sports bra and joining in!!!!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptySun Jan 20 2008, 23:26

Great report, Lou. We look forward to the donning of the sports bra for your debut next time! Very Happy

Despite your disclaimer, I'll just amend your line-up news so that all are mentioned:

The squad comprised of a new and promising goalie, KC (a positive Cerny to Edmans Robinson). Dannyboy, Hairy, Savio and Jez were the formidable four at the back. A couple of new boys, Mike (wearing No.24) and Macca(?) were supported by Tottingham, BarryLinekar and Bailey (not all at once of course....although it may have helped!!) Sam and No.10 completed the line up.

CK (a positive Cerny to Edmans Robinson). Centrebacks Hairy and Pompey Mike were supported by the rotating trio of fullbacks Dannyboy, BarryLinekar and Jez as the formidable four at the back. New boy Macca joined Tottingham, Edman, Chris and Linesmann (not all at once of course....although it may have helped!!) Sam and No.10 completed the line up in attack.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 21 2008, 12:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptySun Jan 20 2008, 23:45

He's CK

Not KC

Laughing
Back to top Go down
LoubyLou
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
LoubyLou

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptySun Jan 20 2008, 23:50

Linesmann wrote:
He's CK

Not KC

Laughing

I've got dyslexia KO!!!
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptyMon Jan 21 2008, 01:50

to lou:

thanks for the very very good report, i look forward to c u in our soccer match again.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI EmptyTue Jan 22 2008, 19:10

Linesmann wrote:
He's CK

Not KC

Laughing

Did he bring the sunshine band?

Great Report Lou

Barry Lineker & Bailey (I think I'm Schizophrenic, shut-up Bailey)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI   Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI Empty

Back to top Go down

Match report. SiHKFC v Savio XI
Page 1 of 1