Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Spurs 2 Blackpool 0

Go down 
+7
hongkongyid
James
Janek
spur'don
GDG
ezza
Daniel
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 Empty
PostSubject: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 09:06

Robbo had a mare apparently

http://spursinhongkong.com/thfc-match-reports/spurs-2-blackpool-0/
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 09:11

What happened to your brother? He didn't even play. The signs are not looking good for the lad.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 09:35

I couldn't believe it when I saw he didn't even make the bench. We palyed poorly without him. Tells it's own story Wink
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 09:56

Hardly convincing, but a win's a win. What's the betting we draw Arsenal in the QF?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:02

Last night was about getting a result. Job done.

Robbo had an awful game.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:03

The reprots said Robbo was nervous, but he made a great save at 1-0 to us. Hopefully the first step on the road to recovery.

Interesting to see that Ramos subbed off Kaboul. I don't think he was injured, just having a poor game. Switched Chimbo to centre half.

Boateng on the bench instead of the Hudd.

At least we got a win and a clean sheet. The papers said that you cd see from Ramos' body language that he wasn't happy with the performance, which is positive. I like his post match comments too:

“The most important thing here was the victory, the result. The team played well generally, showing some spells of good football. We’ll look at the draw now. It depends on the opponents, whether we have to play at home or away. Against a side like Blackpool we shouldn’t be giving away chances like that, given the difference between the two sides. It was just important to get a victory to give us some confidence after some negative results. On the positive side the team showed great willingness to play this evening. They fought very hard, physically, for the victory just three days after their last game. The team has to improve in all areas, attack and defence, but this is a squad of great professionals. I hope that the team improves quickly, but with so many competitions going on at the same time, it’s a tough call. Everything I’ve said to the players has been in English."

function pictureGalleryPopup(pubUrl,articleId) {
var newWin = window.open(pubUrl+'template/2.0-0/element/pictureGalleryPopup.jsp?id='+articleId+'&&offset=0&&sectionName=FootballTeamTottenham','mywindow','menubar=0,resizable=0,width=615,height=655');
}
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:06

A massive improvement on Jol post match drivel. I'm really beginning to believe we've found the right man to take us forward.

bounce
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:34

Is this the strongest QF lineup ever in the League Cup. Man Utd is the only notable absentee
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:46

Just read the posts on Spurs Community from those who were at the game and they praised Ramos' substitution of Kaboul. Appreantly he was having a nightmare game, so Ramos took him off on 52 minutes.

When was the last time we made the first tactical substitution in the game? Certainly must be pre-Jol.

Wonder if it will be Stalteri at right-back and Chimbonda at centre-half against Boro?

If anyone has a link to the goals please post it up!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 10:55

yes, been reading a few of those too. Weird to think that if a player is poor they get subbed. That is a crazy new sensation we'll have to get used to. Ramos was impressive last night by all accounts and although he has had little time to make any real impact we seem to play a higher defensive line and a more conter attacking style. But who can tell after one game against Blackpool. I hope he has them training today. Twice. 400 LAPS OF THAT PITCH YOU BUNCH OF EL JOKERS
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:00

Note the subs bench: Not one defender in it!

1 keeper, 2 midfielders and 2 forwards

If it was Jol's selection, he'll get slaughtered for that.

But I have to say I do not disagree with the selection - it's Blackpool FFS. Hope to see Taarabt get more of playing time soon. I still believe he can be our C Ronaldo if coached properly.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:00

James wrote:
Is this the strongest QF lineup ever in the League Cup. Man Utd is the only notable absentee
Well we're in it, so I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:01

the lowest ranking team left in the draw.
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:33

Hail the Messiah, and we should know, we've followed a few!!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:35

James wrote:
the lowest ranking team left in the draw.

I don't think the QFs are held until just before Xmas (I recall last season's Southend game ebing about 20 Dec).

Good news as it means Ramos will have had the squad for 6 weeks (including a 2 week intl break with no games) before we play the QF, gives us more of a chance.

Liverpool at home might be a good one, Rafa will rotate and we can get some revenge for 2004.

Please, please, please not the Arsenal, we're already gonna get smashed by them on 22 December, let's not get smashed twice in four days just before Xmas!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:37

We need a home draw.

Agree with Janek that a home draw against Liverpool will be a good one for us
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 11:51

Just checked the Carling Cup website and the QF is actually held on the week commencing 3 December. After the Birmingham home game and before the Man City home game.

Cd be two games with Man City in four days!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:13

There was no defenders on the bench cos The King, Mudslide and The Inconsistent one are all injured.

And I wonder just how productive and effective a 2 week international break will be to El Grande Ramondo as the majority of our players wil be on international duty (full and u-21)?
The Three Amigos will just have to use training and actual games together to get it right.

COYS
Back to top Go down
El Hairy
new to the site
El Hairy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:23

affraid ... Kaboul got subbed last night and Tainio swtiched to RB ? !?!? ! ... any ideas what happened ...anyone ?

Personally, I'd rather meet Man City than Liverpool. Don't think Rafa will do Juande any favours. ..

It's very early days still... but Juande appears to taking some bold decisions already. Pleased to learn the QF's are not played until December. I must admit I'm surprised that the confidence levels are this low. Our defense has been awful. Good to see a clean sheet, but it sounds like it was more by luck than design.

I also feel for Darren Bent.. while Defoe and Berba seem to have picked up, he's having a mare at the moment. Time will heal.

COYS.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:23

ezza wrote:
There was no defenders on the bench cos The King, Mudslide and The Inconsistent one are all injured.

And I wonder just how productive and effective a 2 week international break will be to El Grande Ramondo as the majority of our players wil be on international duty (full and u-21)?
The Three Amigos will just have to use training and actual games together to get it right.

COYS

Ezza - not any more re the internationals. Bent, Dawson and Jenas don't make the squads any more, Chimbo isn't in the French squad, nor is Malbranque. At least half the team will be at Spurs Lodge for the three amigos to work on.
Back to top Go down
El Hairy
new to the site
El Hairy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:25

It's me... Hairy.

I've screwed up my log in somehow and had to start all over again from ZERO No ..

Last edited by on Thu Nov 01 2007, 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:26

True.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:27

Quote :
It's me... Hairy

Don't believe ya.

Who are ya
Who are ya
Who are ya
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:34

El Hairy wrote:
It's me... Hairy.

I've screwed up my log in somehow and had to start all over again from ZERO No ..

A new beginning.....
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 EmptyThu Nov 01 2007, 12:38

ezza wrote:
Quote :
It's me... Hairy

Don't believe ya.

Who are ya
Who are ya
Who are ya

Dunno the Avatar is quite Hairyesque...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurs 2 Blackpool 0   Spurs 2 Blackpool 0 Empty