Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2007-06-06

A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK Empty
PostSubject: A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK   A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 00:37

This was a message I had trouble with trying to post on SC last week. I managed to save the text though and am posting it here :

Yes there are many Spurs fans in Hong Kong and in the past we used to gather in fairly large numbers especially for the big games, this was mostly in Delaneys Wanchai for a few reasons, but mainly location (for a lot of us that drink in Wanchai anyway), also because they show live Spurs matches as a priority. Recently they had issued me with a batch of discount cards (only 10% though), which I have distributed to many Spurs lads already.

I have an email list of HK based Spurs fans that numbers in the 60-70 mark. I believe Spurs1961 has another list of about 250 +. There is some duplication on our lists but most of mine are generally expatriates. Myself and 61 communicate regularly and do gather for games still.

We had tried to formalise ourselves and one big unit, but because of people living different sides of the harbour and other Spurs fans watching games in places like the HKFC Sportsmans Bar and Skitz, it was difficult to keep everyone together. Also people's email addresses had changed and some Spurs fans got relocated back to the UK or to places like Singapore/Bangkok.

On the going 'official' front with THFC itself, we had on more than 2 occasions tried to apply, but the problem here is that Spurs have a standard policy regarding supporters clubs and even though we had been acknoledged as a Spurs Supporter entity in this part of the world, Tottenham wouldn't budge on the policy, this being that they provide very little to supporters clubs aside from using the logo, small discount on merchandise and so called priority on tickets - please bear in mind that the 'priority' is only being ahead of the queue for people wanting to buy tickets off the street, but behind season ticket holders, members and other associations with the club. Bottom line you have more of a chance getting a ticket via someone off my list or 61's list.

We raised this issue with Tottenham over a year ago when Hoddle was the coach and at that time, the PA to Danny Levy said that they were going to change the regulations and inform me, but nothing has since happened (partly due to changes in shareholders and management staff). I will soon be communicating with Belinda Britain who we met at the Soccer's and was well impressed by the support here. She's and Assistant Club Secretary, but can put us in touch with the right people should we decide to re-apply.

Anyway, there's lots to debate and organise so let's get together for a chat over a beer next Thursday. There's a couple more other Spurs fans I would like to invite down, who would be helpful to our cause as well (Mac for example). There is also a Spurs fan in HK who is well connected with some of the directors at WHL I could try and grab to come along.

Cheers for now and COME ON YOU SPURS !!!!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK   A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 09:28

Nice one Stew, see you tonight.
Back to top Go down

A Brief History of Spurs Fans in HK
Page 1 of 1