Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... Empty
PostSubject: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... EmptyMon Nov 19 2007, 17:41

I'm heading to Leeds & London next week. This is my virgin trip to UK. Could anyone of you please kindly tell me some good places to hang around~?? Like drinking, dinning, clubbing, shopping (Spurs stuffs & sovenir), visiting...etc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... EmptyMon Nov 19 2007, 18:02

Central London is quite easy to navigate on foot. I took the missus up to town this summer, getting off at Waterloo and then walking around for a few hours, South Bank Arts Centre, cross the river, wander round parliament area, and the parks. Just get a London A-Z mapbook for a few pounds.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... EmptyMon Nov 19 2007, 18:06

For Spurs stuff, you can't look beyond the Spurs Shop on your way to / out of WHL. Depending on where you are staying, you can take a tube to Seven Sisters Road and get on a bus to WHL or take a train (railway) to WHL Station (nearer). As this is your first time there, I would recommend you go there early (2 hours before kickoff) so that you can take in the atmosphere, get some souvenirs at Spurs Shop and hunt for some autographs and photos. Wait outside the gate on Bill Nicholson Way is your best bet to catch the players and most of them will be happy to sign and pose for a photo. Get a match day programme along the way...etc.

For non-Spurs stuff, try to book some cheap tickets for musicals. The theatres are near to China Town so you can have an early dinner there. Blood Brothers are bloody good (pun intended). Last time I saw Woman in White and it was not bad either.

Go to the Big Ben, the Parliament, London Eye like all the tourist does. Go to Tower of London or if you have time, the Windsor Castle (a bit far out). Shop at Piccadilly Circus, Oxford St. Also go to Covent Garden in a weekend afternoon for a stroll and watch people perform their tricks etc. If you're into muesums, go to British Muesum. Watch the changing guards thingy at Buckingham Palace.

If you're a Sherlock Holmes fan (I am), go to Baker Street and look for the muesum.

All of the above are a bit touristy...others may give you a better idea of London.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... EmptyTue Nov 20 2007, 00:20

Million thanks, "Spearhead James Duo"~!! Very Happy

Tremendous information~!! I'll follow you two's footprints and most importantly, I'll get to The Lane earlier to hunt the autograph and Pics~!! Ha Ha~ Finally I can go to the stadium of my life-long supporting club... cheers

To express my thankfulness, please let me know if anything you two would like to buy from Spurs Store. Smile
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... EmptyTue Nov 20 2007, 09:44

study * flicking through the Spurs catalogue*
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... EmptyTue Nov 20 2007, 10:16

H'okay...here we go:

London:

The London Eye is brilliant...touristy but a must.

If you like art at all: Saatchi Gallery or particularly the Tate Modern (its free!).

British Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum if you like museums at all.

Clubbing go to Fabric http://www.fabriclondon.com/ right next door to it is the club Turnmills if the queue to fabric puts you off.

For walking: around Covent Garden, Leicester Square all that area ia fun. If the weather is nice (however unlikely) walking along the Thames is pleasant.

The Tower of London can also be a nice place to visit.

What can be quite fun but bear in mind v.touristy is the ducktours: http://www.londonducktours.co.uk/

Definetly check out the theatre at the west end as James recommended, around leicester square there are many stands/shops that sell cut-price tickets on the day so that would be worth a look.

Leeds

Right have to reach back a few years now to when i was at uni there...

Dining: Bistro Fiori - (8 Commercial St , Leeds City Centre , LS1 6AL - 0871 8115575) does excellent italian food

Tampopo http://www.tampopo.co.uk/ does good and quite cheap (for english standards) pan-asian food.

I used to go to those places when dining out all the time.

Clubbing: well leeds is a MASSIVE student town so from Monday-Thursday going out is easy. Friday and Saturday are more for locals.

Bar Risa, Mint, Tiger Tiger, HiFi, Creation (this is quite a good one as it has several floors for different music) http://www.clubzone.com/c/Leeds/Nightclub/Creation.html. Depends what music you like really....if you specify i can make better suggestions.

Stuff to do in Leeds...go for a walk along The Headrow (main street in Leeds) and amble around commercial street for shopping etc. Headingly is a nice area to be lots of good pubs too!

If you need a bit of culture the West Yorkshire Playhouse is a modern and excellent facility for plays/musicals etc.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... EmptyTue Nov 20 2007, 15:21

DannyBoy wrote:
H'okay...here we go:

London:

The London Eye is brilliant...touristy but a must.

If you like art at all: Saatchi Gallery or particularly the Tate Modern (its free!).

British Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum if you like museums at all.

Clubbing go to Fabric http://www.fabriclondon.com/ right next door to it is the club Turnmills if the queue to fabric puts you off.

For walking: around Covent Garden, Leicester Square all that area ia fun. If the weather is nice (however unlikely) walking along the Thames is pleasant.

The Tower of London can also be a nice place to visit.

What can be quite fun but bear in mind v.touristy is the ducktours: http://www.londonducktours.co.uk/

Definetly check out the theatre at the west end as James recommended, around leicester square there are many stands/shops that sell cut-price tickets on the day so that would be worth a look.

Leeds

Right have to reach back a few years now to when i was at uni there...

Dining: Bistro Fiori - (8 Commercial St , Leeds City Centre , LS1 6AL - 0871 8115575) does excellent italian food

Tampopo http://www.tampopo.co.uk/ does good and quite cheap (for english standards) pan-asian food.

I used to go to those places when dining out all the time.

Clubbing: well leeds is a MASSIVE student town so from Monday-Thursday going out is easy. Friday and Saturday are more for locals.

Bar Risa, Mint, Tiger Tiger, HiFi, Creation (this is quite a good one as it has several floors for different music) http://www.clubzone.com/c/Leeds/Nightclub/Creation.html. Depends what music you like really....if you specify i can make better suggestions.

Stuff to do in Leeds...go for a walk along The Headrow (main street in Leeds) and amble around commercial street for shopping etc. Headingly is a nice area to be lots of good pubs too!

If you need a bit of culture the West Yorkshire Playhouse is a modern and excellent facility for plays/musicals etc.

Oh... Many thanks, Dan~!!

All spots have already put on my schedule~!! (Especially in Leeds) Ha Ha~

As you might find that I like dancing from my facebook, So I may also join the class at Universal Dance Creations on Tuesday evening. www.udc-dance.com

Have you heard of it~?? Or do you know anywhere better for learning hiphop~??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...   Plz show me the way in Leeds & London... Empty

Back to top Go down

Plz show me the way in Leeds & London...
Page 1 of 1