Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Who will you be if you play for Spurs?

Go down 
+2
DannyBoy
James
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Who will you be if you play for Spurs? Empty
PostSubject: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 23:21

Given Dannyboy has kindly volunteered to write a match preview for the Saturday match, let's give him some idea of who we are like in terms of our playing style (if there is one) if we played for Spurs.

I think I will be a Nicky Barmby. Play 'in the hole' and love connecting the midfield and forward line. Appear to be intelligent in play but ineffective for most of the time! Occasionally score some lovely goals from distance but career is effectively over by the age of 27 (and I am 29).

Next one?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyWed Jun 20 2007, 23:27

The sooner I have the info the sooner I can start on it.

Work has suddenly got mentally busy, so its likely I won't have the preview done till Friday/Saturday morning.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:29

Gazza. Some sparkling touches and occasional screaming goals from 30 yards, but into my 40s now and lost what little pace I used to have. And apparently there is a passing resemblance between the two of us too.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:30

I dunno. I still like you as Phil Neville.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:37

Probably more accurate in terms of my normal playing position, but he's waaaay too boring for me to have chosen to be him.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:40

I'm a Mousa Saib crossed with a Jason Dozzel
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:43

Since your playing in defence, can we also cross you with Ramon Vega?

Or if we want to be less harsh Anthony Gardner?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:44

Speaking of which do we actually have a definitive formation at the mo? I know we dont know the numbers a-side yet. But have we got an idea whose playing where more or less?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:49

I think we should play a modified style of total football which I like to call "totalled football" - we meet up at 7pm in Al's Diner, have a few pints and a couple of shots before making our way down to Happy Valley for our appointment with destiny. That way, if we lose we won't give a flying f**k.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 00:58

Brilliant.

That's why we appointed your manager.

I would also like to throw your name into the hat for President, with brainwaves like that.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 09:31

As super sub (remember, James, just 30 seconds right at the end), I have the smooth, silky skills of Gary Docherty, the shooting prowess of Steffan Freund, the pace of Nicola Berti, the tackling ability of Paulo Tremmazani and the energy levels of a sloth on valium. Bring it on! Can't wait for my 30 seconds of fame What a Face
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? EmptyThu Jun 21 2007, 10:14

The "tackiling" skills of Pat van den Hauwe Twisted Evil
The "marking" skills of Claudio Gentile (not a Spurs player, but my favourite defender of all time) Evil or Very Mad
The "fitness" of Matt Le Tissier (at the HK 7s) pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will you be if you play for Spurs?   Who will you be if you play for Spurs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will you be if you play for Spurs?
Page 1 of 1