Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Defoe - Transfer talk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Defoe - Transfer talk Empty
PostSubject: Defoe - Transfer talk   Defoe - Transfer talk EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 11:35

In my opinion he's a sneaky, lying little bugger who knows that if he refuses to leave until his contract runs not only will he depart a hero, but he'll get minted in the process. He has no other interest than that.

Talk about playing the fans off against the club! Problem is most fans will fall for it.

"I know people at the top in the club want me to stay". So who is more important at the club than the manager.

"I don't want to play for any club other than Spurs". So when you've run your contract down, you'll stay? And if one of the 'Big Four' came in you'd stay? Nonsense.

"It's as though I'm being punished for doing well". What !!! Take a look at your lazy attitude young man !

If he just said "I just want to be playing first team football and I don't mind where it is" I'd have respect for him. But these lies are infuriating. He knows it's in his power to make himself a free agent - and he's going hell for leather to make it happen. It's a carefully worded political statement masterminded by his agent Sky Andrews. The guy who made himself for life persuading Campbell to run down his contract.

Or have I got him completely wrong?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Defoe - Transfer talk   Defoe - Transfer talk EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 11:37

I agree.

He has a private conversation with Ramos, walks up and calls the Sun to spill the beans.

The club is correct on this - sign a contract in January or we'll sell you for 10m to Villa or Pompey.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Defoe - Transfer talk   Defoe - Transfer talk EmptyWed Jan 09 2008, 11:37

....which reminds me of Campbell.

Here's something to make you laugh - Campbell's comments pre signing for Arsenal...

My heart and soul is here and I want to play for Spurs. I am going nowhere - for now - August 4, 2000.

I can assure everyone that I won't be signing for another club while I am still a Spurs player. I want to win the Premiership and I want success in Europe but, most of all, I want to believe I can achieve that here - December 3, 2000.

Being a Spurs fan as a boy and a player for so many years, it would be hard for me to sign for Arsenal. I don't think the fans here would ever forgive me - December 17, 2000.

I want to play for Tottenham, that's it really. I am going nowhere - January 1, 2001.

I'm happy here and willing to do business now. I'm not selfish, I'm looking at the current situation and want the club to do well - January 5, 2001.

It's the ambition of Spurs and where we are going that concerns me. I have the right to keep my options open. Nobody can blame me for wanting success and above all wanting it at Tottenham. But talk is cheap - March 11, 2001.

As long as the club is healthy and things are in place, then myself and other players will want to join Tottenham or continue with them. I want to stay at Tottenham - March 26, 2001.

There is still a lot of sorting out to be done but I am sure it will be resolved - April 1, 2001.

I will leave it as late as possible - but I am happy at the moment and that is the main thing - April 13, 2001.

Going abroad is not in my mind. the ball is in Spurs' court now. I am in no hurry because I want to look at the whole picture. We will just have to wait and see what happens in the next two or three weeks - May 21, 2001.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defoe - Transfer talk   Defoe - Transfer talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Defoe - Transfer talk
Page 1 of 1