Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Spurs v Chelsea

Go down 
+15
DannyBoy
edman
Tottingham
postie
Linesmann
hongkongyid
Kin on Spurs
Barry Lineker
ezza
HarcourtRoad
Enter The Pitbull
spur'don
Number 10
Janek
James
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 10:07

Glad that I got up to watch.

3 goals from set-pieces. How's that?

Cudicini pulled off 2 wonder saves - one from Keano 6 yards out and the other from Berba right at the end.

Drogba was clearly offside in the build up to the 2-1 goal.

Agreed with Linesmann that Lennon and Chimbonda were our worst players. I won't be sad to see Lennon leaves in the summer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the last 3 goals Woodgate scored were all against Chelsea!

Drogba, Lumpard and A Cole are such cunts. Quoting Hairy, I don't trust those cunts! Evil or Very Mad

My dream would be so much sweeter if Berba made it 5-4 at the last seconds!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 10:30

Cudicini save in the dying seconds was outstanding. Wasn't too much wrong with Berbatov's strike other than he might have struck it lower.

Good fight back from Spurs.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 11:36

according to the espn-soccernet:

Death of the double act

Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov: The only true strike partnership in the Premier League?
.......................But there is a couple who have reached 40 goals for the second successive season, with each component part managing 20 in each campaign. Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov are a genuine partnership, with a mutual appreciation of the considerable skills. Moreover, this is an instance of two very different players combining. While technical excellence, inventiveness and composed finishing are shared characteristics, Keane displays more movement while Berbatov offers a divine first touch and greater aerial ability. The exuberant Irishman and the languid Bulgarian have dovetailed to such an extent that, despite the needless signing of other strikers, Darren Bent in particular, Tottenham only practice squad rotation when they believe they can afford to.

Very Happy

Last edited by edman on Thu Mar 20 2008, 11:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 11:36

spur'don wrote:
Cudicini save in the dying seconds was outstanding. Wasn't too much wrong with Berbatov's strike other than he might have struck it lower.

Rumours saying that Cudicini is one of the targets Ramos locked this summer...
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 11:41

The guardian is reporting today that Kameni for 4.5 mill is pretty much a cert...
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 11:41

postie wrote:
Fellow Yids

Without doubt one of the bes Epl games that i have seen , plenty of goals at times brutal defence and at the end probaly should have won . What a diff the Hudd made wish this guy could get really fit he is a star hope Ramos has him training hard in off season . Also any news on Spurs trip to Hong Kong late May . Yiddo

Agree, Hudd is definitely has a great potential to be a top players.

But he needs to lose more weight and has a better agility to success.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 11:44

DannyBoy wrote:
The guardian is reporting today that Kameni for 4.5 mill is pretty much a cert...

He is also a good goalkeeper. But he may lack experience of big matches. We need a consistent and expereinced GK.

Let's sign them both and release Robbo and Cerny.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 11:47

Cerny's contract expires this summer, and I believe there aren't any plans to get him to re-sign...
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 12:59

hongkongyid wrote:
Once again it is proved that the refs in England have no fuckin backbone or bottle whatsoever. Not only should Cole have gone for the challenge, but the disrespect he showed the ref was nothing short of outrageous, and until a referee with balls says enough is enough, and then has the balls to send someone like Cole, Rooney et al off then the top four teams will remain the top four teams and all this shit will go on week in week out.

Getting seriously fed up with the game that I was brought up on.

Agree entirely hongkongyid.

The other absolutely outrageous disgrace, is the refusal to allow video replay technology. FFS, it doesn't take more than a few seconds to verify. What the authorities afraid of?

Mmm, I think this deserves a subject for discussion all of it's own. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:01

Kin on Spurs wrote:
What a fightback. Very good team spirit and hard playing by the lads even it was the 4th game in 11 days. But the defense is a bit clumsy...

Our tactician, Ramos is far more better than Grant. Bye Bye Grant...

It's crossed my mind that Chel$$$ki's might try to do a Arnesen... am I alone ?
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:07

Hairy wrote:
Kin on Spurs wrote:
What a fightback. Very good team spirit and hard playing by the lads even it was the 4th game in 11 days. But the defense is a bit clumsy...

Our tactician, Ramos is far more better than Grant. Bye Bye Grant...

It's crossed my mind that Chel$$$ki's might try to do a Arnesen... am I alone ?

If Ramos is to go, I think Barcelona will be his destination.

AARRGGHHH, why should we even give this a thought? LORD RAMOS BE WITH US
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:16

I'd be surprised if Levy did not insistent on some non-compete clause in Ramos' contract for at least 1 or 2 seasons should those mafioso vultures come hovering over WHL again. I'm really in a quandry over who I hate more Filth, Pikeys or Chavs.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 13:25

ezza wrote:
I'd be surprised if Levy did not insistent on some non-compete clause in Ramos' contract for at least 1 or 2 seasons should those mafioso vultures come hovering over WHL again. I'm really in a quandry over who I hate more Filth, Pikeys or Chavs.

For me, now that Henry has left, the Chavs are way ahead of the scum in my books. There is nothing to admire about them.

I can't wait to see Abramovich behind bars for the theft of billions of Russian tax-payers (is there such a thing?) roubles and see their bubble burst. I'd feel sorry for the genuine 10,000 supporters who would still bother showing up on match days. .. but not that bad either ! !!

I don't hate the Pikeys.. who knows, maybe I've got a soft spot for them, but probably only cos I don't really consider them a threat.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 17:13

hongkongyid wrote:
Once again it is proved that the refs in England have no fuckin backbone or bottle whatsoever. Not only should Cole have gone for the challenge, but the disrespect he showed the ref was nothing short of outrageous, and until a referee with balls says enough is enough, and then has the balls to send someone like Cole, Rooney et al off then the top four teams will remain the top four teams and all this shit will go on week in week out.

Getting seriously fed up with the game that I was brought up on.

Sean - agree with you 100%. Cole's foul was outrageous but his disrespect to the ref beggars belief. He should have received a straight red, but failing that, he should have got two yellows. Why do the so called big 3 get away with it again and again and again.

I can honestly say I truly hate Chelsea more than Arsenal. I have begrudging respect for the gooners but as long as Lampard, Terry, Cole and Drogba continue to cheat their way to victory, I will have nothing but utter scorn and contempt for them.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 17:16

ezza wrote:
What a game to sleep through! Times like this I really wish I was back in London watching live. Oh well, will check out the web today. Please post links here if anyone's got the goals.

We really have had some CRAZY results this season. Absolutely bonkers! COYS!

Yer great softy Ezza. Getting up at 4am is no major hardship - been doing it for years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 17:18

I was up with Stanley. We watched the end of the match and he vomited when Drogba was shown in close up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 17:18

spur'don wrote:

It was the 2nd world class save from him. Perhaps we should rescue him from Chelsea reserves. We can't get rid of Robinson quick enough - a total liability and probably the worst keeper in the PL.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 17:20

I'd love him at Spurs. Great keeper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 17:23

Daniel wrote:
I was up with Stanley. We watched the end of the match and he vomited when Drogba was shown in close up.

Stanley showing some class Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aufai
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21 2008, 19:36

i reckon hudd had loosen lots of weight already
and he is agile 2 u can see that from his dribbling
and back heels etc
if he pick up a little more pace
he'll be banging in jj's place
or maybe the "cretive centre back" JR had assigned him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurs v Chelsea   Spurs v Chelsea - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spurs v Chelsea