Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Spurs - Barcodes this weekend

Go down 
+15
Barry Lineker
Tottingham
postie
twiglet
GDG
Hairy
DannyBoy
Linesmann
ezza
Daniel
Janek
James
ozspur
spur'don
Number 10
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 11:42

What a heap of absolute tosh. So I guess that the summit of our ambitions was the CC and now the rest is just free fall? After getting knocked out of Europe our season was over but there is no need to rub our faces in it. The display yesterday was appalling - perhaps the worst ever in the short time Ramos has been our leader. If Spurs have no intention of chasing West Ham (there for the taking) and getting into the top half of the table and giving players an opportunity to earn their place next season then perhaps they could let us all know. Perhaps Levy could auction off some starting positions for charidee and get some Spurs supporting celebs to start for us. We could have Sam Fox in goal, Jude Law up front and, er, Simon Mayo round the back. We could involve disabled Spurs supporters and get a few of them to take penalties and freekicks to show JJ and ZOK how IT'S DONE. We could have It's A Knockout comedy costumes (available in the Spurs Mega Store at 2000 sovs a piece) and some half time comedy acts and maybe some Chas and Dave singalongs. That way the players can fuck off now to their desperate holiday destinations whilst the rest of Europe watches the Euro 2008 with patriotic pride.

If I was Lord Ramos I would drop the lot (apart from Hutton who was great) and give all the stiffs a chance. Last night was pointless and I won't be staying up again on a Sunday night this season. Bollocks to it and bollocks to you Chimbo and Robbo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Spus vs Barcodes   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 11:50

Could not agree more with you Daniel , Absolute cunt of an effort with exception Hutton . The rest of them piss poor effort , if if i was Ramos i send them on a return trip to fuckin Newcastle and make the cunts run there and back . Coys .
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 11:55

haha...well played Camron ;-)
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 12:04

I fear we're in for more of the same next week against Blackburn!

The only positive is that Ramos will now know that:

1. 4-3-3 with our current strikers doesn't work unless we're chasing a game

2. o'hara is not a left-back

Good for him to learn these things now when it doesn't matter rather than next season when it does.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 12:28

Just a few more points that have not been mentioned:

1. It is wrong to put Taarabt in the centre. Put him on the left wing (instead of Lennon), he can beat one man and cross. Put him in the centre, he will have to beat man and man again (which of course he didn't) to get into dangerous position.

2. Our team has a lot of 'softies'. All of Huddlestone, Lennon, Berbatov, Keane, Bent, Jenas (although he didn't play yesterday) are not combative players. I bet Poyet would be more combative in training than all of them.

3. What is Ramos' issue with Lee?

4. O'Hara looks like Dean Marney II. Great first few games and then faded. May be not his fault by having to fill in LB.

5. We were lucky it was only 1-4. They also hit the bar, Owen missed an one on one and Robbo made some good saves.

6. It's too humiliating for Newcash and Brums to do a double on us.

7. Will Lennon beat a man again?
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 12:35

Quite simply a lot of our players are too average and/or big game charlies. We need to ship out about 12 - 14 players and bring in about 8-10 new faces. Otherwise it will be the same old drivel served up next season in the league with a smattering of cup success.

Players that need shipping out: Robbo, Cerny, Chimbo, Rocha, Kaboul, Lee, Gardner, Stalteri, Zokora, Thudd, Bent, Tarbuck. And players like O'Hara and Dawson are making last minute efforts to join that list.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 12:58

Agree with your list Ezza. Central midfield is a joke. Major shake up required.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 13:59

Our performance was absolutely rubbish and it is disgraceful to get hammered at home. :sms:
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 14:04

spur'don wrote:
Agree with your list Ezza. Central midfield is a joke. Major shake up required.

central midfield is even more of a joke when you've got Steed covering at left back and Huddlestone stuck down the right hand side, plus Zokora sitting in front of the back four. ie nobody in the middle of the park. there is experimenting and there is plain stupidity.
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 14:41

after i watch the game with my dad for 30 min, he said newcastle is finished. then i told him to watch until the last min, the last 10 min is always the most dangerous time of spurs. i wasn't expecting the dangerous time to show up from the 44min.

even derby can play better than spurs' 2nd half. every ball the spurs clear is back to newcastle, the worst is it never pass the mid-field. they just kick the ball without any concentration at all. careless mistake is everywhere. also they only look at the ball without chasing the players even within our own box.

i do agree that 4-3-3 is a try out yesterday, wasn't expecting a very good result. but it can't be that bad. can't blame the formation & coach for everything if the players were no good at all.

wish to know what they did in the change room at half time, party?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 15:01

edman wrote:

wish to know what they did in the change room at half time, party?

lolz...since the CCF it seems Shocked
Back to top Go down
Craig
Admin
Craig

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 00:29

Only managed to catch the match(can we call it that?) from about the 66th minute and saw we were 2-1 down. First thought was "huh how come we are playing shitty newcastle" but then I remembered the Brum game. I then witnessed the shite we were putting out there. Can't actually remember us having a chance, maybe Thurd cracked one over the bar but that was it I think.

After this game my view of Jimmy Taarbuck as changed - he's either a one-trick-pony or wasted in the middle. Watching him try and fail to take on about 3 players, over and over, was just like someone rubbing shit in my eyes.

I feel we'll just get shite like this every week until the end of the season now. Nothing to play for some might say, apart from their huge pay packets but since when do they care about why they get that as long as they get it.

Bring on Euro 08, sit back, watch and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 10:10

Agree with you Craig. If ever there was an arguement for performance related pay, Spurs made a watertight case for it on Sunday. An utter shower of shite!
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 13:05

Agree with you Craig.
I'm considering just ignoring the last 7 matches and either watching other teams for some neutral viewing or spending some quality time with the missus or somefink.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 13:16

Number 10, I think Spurdon, Ozspur and myself had a discussion about this. We have talked about road trips (Hebe 101) for a long time but this has never happened.

We have also discussed going to Bazza's place at Hong Kong East (Taikoo Place?) for a game. Of course we have discussed returning Hung's favour and moved our asses to Kowloon (Mongkok?) for a game. I think it is time to do our Hong Kong tour from now on. Or should I start a new thread on this?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 13:31

James wrote:
Number 10, I think Spurdon, Ozspur and myself had a discussion about this. We have talked about road trips (Hebe 101) for a long time but this has never happened.

We have also discussed going to Bazza's place at Hong Kong East (Taikoo Place?) for a game. Of course we have discussed returning Hung's favour and moved our asses to Kowloon (Mongkok?) for a game. I think it is time to do our Hong Kong tour from now on. Or should I start a new thread on this?

I agree. Let's do something different for each of the last 7 games to prevent the season going completely stale.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 13:55

YES! Karokee?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 14:43

7 games, 7 suggestions.

1). Karokee evening
2). 101 Hebe road trip
3). Quarry Bay - East End Brewery
4). Kowloon night
5). BBQ followed by football.
6 ?
7 ?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 14:49

6) DB Sauna
7) DB sauna
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 15:20

Macau?
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 15:59

Is the 7th game going to be at HK Stadium - cos there are only 6 league games left this season (thank goodness)
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 17:36

Tottingham wrote:
Is the 7th game going to be at HK Stadium - cos there are only 6 league games left this season (thank goodness)

Don't spoil the surprise I've arranged !
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01 2008, 19:54

Surprise?
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02 2008, 13:51

I agree. Road trip starts now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurs - Barcodes this weekend   Spurs - Barcodes this weekend - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spurs - Barcodes this weekend
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2