Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Kaboul for Muntari

Go down 
+4
Barry Lineker
Number 10
DannyBoy
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Chris

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 17:52

According to reports on Monday, Tottenham Hotspur are eyeing up Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari, while Pompey are said to be interested in Spurs’ out-of-favour defender Younes Kaboul.

Ghana international Muntari has been impressive since he moved to Fratton Park from Udinese in the summer of 2007, thus attracting attention of Pompey rivals.

On the other hand, Frenchman Kaboul has failed to break into Spurs boss Juande Ramos' first-team plans and is likely to be sold after just one season at White Hart Lane, where he had arrived for around £7million last summer from Auxerre.

And with Pompey boss Harry Redknapp reportedly interested in Kaboul, a cash plus swap deal is being touted in the media reports for Muntari.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 18:01

I do rate Muntari, but I'd prefer to hang on to Younes for another season.

Funny how the Berbatov thing is going to dictate much of our transfer activity in the summer (in terms of cash available).
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 18:17

The deal seems a bit steep, but I also rate Muntari. Would be a decent acquistion in the middle if we can't get an ideal signing (ie Gattuso or Barry)
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 18:27

Muntari is a great little player, but he does have a temprment problem, he is at the top of the red card league this season and he wasn't always a first choice starter!

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 18:34

Doesn't Muntari play on the left, rather than in the middle? I must admit, I haven't seen a lot of him.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 18:43

He's a lefty I think, but is strongest in the middle.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 18:53

He has a powerful shot. Scored a absolute belter in the AFC (35 yards freekick) for Ghana.

However he was ordinary in the FA Cup final. Don't think he is worth that much.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 22:16

i don't particularly rate muntari, mind you, kaboul is rubbish. i'd rather find a mug club to pay us hard cash for kaboul.
Back to top Go down
YoBBo
new to the site
YoBBo

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyTue May 27 2008, 23:15

Id prefer a deal which would take Kaboul to Fratton park and bring Lassana Diarra or Kranjkar to White Hart Lane.

<------Loving the Avatar Laughing
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyWed May 28 2008, 01:21

welcome to the board, YoBBo.

Why don't you drop a few lines about yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" thread? cheers
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari EmptyWed May 28 2008, 10:00

Yes YoBBo, welcome! Give us a wave YoBBo in the Introduce Yourself section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kaboul for Muntari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaboul for Muntari   Kaboul for Muntari Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaboul for Muntari
Page 1 of 1