Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Children of our time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Children of our time Empty
PostSubject: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyWed Jul 18 2007, 22:28

Just finished watching the BBC documentary ' children of our time'. There are some sad cases out there. Anyone else watch it ?
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyWed Jul 18 2007, 22:38

Yup. Amazing that the little lad is so chirpy and fun, given the appalling stat he's had. There is hope.
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyWed Jul 18 2007, 22:46

yup also an avid watcher - looking forward to the 2007 updates in august!!
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyThu Jul 19 2007, 01:17

Haven't heard of that - worth watching?
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyThu Jul 19 2007, 10:53

Its a 20 year project which follows 25 children from across the UK who were born in 2000. The idea behind the series is to follow the families as their children grow up.

I saw it for the first time last night - very interesting. Some sad stories out there - usual mix of stereotypical British families.

Does drum home the importance of a good stable upbring to a childs development.

Worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyThu Jul 19 2007, 11:02

you can get the BBC?how? Prey tell...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyThu Jul 19 2007, 12:48

No, it was on Pearl.

Do you get BBC entertainment on NOW tv ?

By the way, that reminds me, for those of you who cancelled Cable Tv have you received your deposit back yet ?
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyThu Jul 19 2007, 23:19

spur'don wrote:
No, it was on Pearl.

Do you get BBC entertainment on NOW tv ?

By the way, that reminds me, for those of you who cancelled Cable Tv have you received your deposit back yet ?

I didn't have put a deposit down but I did have to take the equipmant back to a place in Sheung Wan - they had to have the last laqugh didn't they - feckers!!

BBC Entertainment is Channel 529 on nowtv - not as good as BBC prime though - cant get that anymore Crying or Very sad

Can you get that 'children of our time' on DVD??? Sounds like that program 7UP - anyone remeber that??
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time EmptyFri Jul 20 2007, 00:00

7 Up is produced by Michael Apted, who also directed one of the Bond films. My dad renovated and subsequently managed their house in Kingston and I got to know the family very well over the years, even went to the housewarming with Twiggy, Colin Welland and sundry other peeps. The series was up to 42 up last I saw, riveting viewing. Child of our Time must be on DVD, also really interesting viewing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of our time   Children of our time Empty

Back to top Go down

Children of our time
Page 1 of 1