Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Leders to miss 1st 5 games

Go down 
+10
manni
StewHK
ozspur
twiglet
GDG
James
Daniel
spur'don
Janek
IanG
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Leders to miss 1st 5 games Empty
PostSubject: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 12:51

More good news...... NOT!!!Leders to miss 1st 5 games 12411

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=364507

Tottenham's King To Miss Start Of Season

Tottenham Hotspur manager Martin Jol is resigning himself to being without key defender Ledley King for at least the first five games of the new Premiership campaign.

The Sun reports that King, 26, is taking longer than expected to recover from a knee operation, and consequently must be doubtful for England’s next two Euro 2008 qualifiers - against Israel and Russia in early September.

King was sidelined for more than three months last season with a foot injury, then had to undergo surgery on his left knee in June.

Jol had been hoping King would be fit for the Premier League kick-off at Sunderland on August 11th.

That hope has now been dashed, though the Dutch coach has Michael Dawson, Ricardo Rocha, Anthony Gardner and Younes Kaboul as central defensive options.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 13:05

Bad news.

There were rumours last season that Ledley had to have fluid drained from his knee after every game towards the end of last season and that he'd only be able to play a maximum of 25 games a seson from now on. I really hope that isn't true and that he'll return as strong as before after this latest op.

However, if we sign Curtis Davies, that might be confirmation that Ledley isn't up to a full season.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 13:20

Just the sort of news we want to release before signing Curtis Davies.

Strengthens the bargaining position of WBA
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 13:37

well, the rumours are that he has more or less had it career wise. So far, I have seen little that contadicts this - seemingly injured for a lot of last season and now this news. Worrying... pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 13:42

So we will be without King and Lennon for the first few games?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 13:44

I think the term is ''makeshift'' back 4. Not great on the first day of the season
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 14:51

It's only Sunderland. Famous last words.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 15:31

Daniel wrote:
I think the term is ''makeshift'' back 4. Not great on the first day of the season

Its not really makeshift if he's finished 'career wise'. Maybe we need to start getting used to life without Ledley - we've had enough time to practice.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 16:19

twiglet wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Its not really makeshift if he's finished 'career wise'. Maybe we need to start getting used to life without Ledley - we've had enough time to practice.

Yep, I really think we have to get used to life without Ledders. Rumours have been going round for ages now and I doubt whether they are without foundation. Time to get serious about finding a permanent replacement Sad
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 16:24

ozspur wrote:
twiglet wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Yep, I really think we have to get used to life without Ledders. Rumours have been going round for ages now and I doubt whether they are without foundation. Time to get serious about finding a permanent replacement Sad

Hopefully thats one of the reasons that Kaboul was signed to groom him to replace ledders
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Ledley King   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 16:42

I just heard that he's going to be missing the first 4 weeks of the season due to a new injury! What the hell happened there???

Told you we needed another quality centre back as cover!!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 16:44

Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Ooops   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 16:47

Ooopps, missed that title thread and started a new one. Sorry.

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
manni
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
manni

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 16:52

Ledley out, Petrov choosing Man City over us.
Ledders now seems very injury prone. What is about our physio's in the
last 25 years?

Omens for the new season look bleak.
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 17:12

manni wrote:
last 25 years?

Also we are struggling to get a fit left back!!!
Agree, the bones are not falling well for us.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 17:20

IanG wrote:
manni wrote:
last 25 years?

Also we are struggling to get a fit left back!!!
Agree, the bones are not falling well for us.

Only one thing for it chaps...... Leders to miss 1st 5 games 60350 Leders to miss 1st 5 games 60350 Leders to miss 1st 5 games 60350 Leders to miss 1st 5 games 60350 Leders to miss 1st 5 games 60350
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 18:43

Ledders is becoming a liability. We should buy Davies and as soon as Leds is fit then sell our former best player on. No room for excess baggage or sentimentality where UCL football's at stake.

As for Petrov, 60k per week? Good luck to him. He's a muppet. Man City will be lucky to make it to top half this season. Too many new players to bed in and Eriksson will do his best to play them all out of position. What a Goon that bloke is.

SWP is my choice for additional winger. Left or right, it doesn't really matter. There will be few times in a 50-60 game season where we'll have the luxury of playing two wingers in starting XI. Possibly only against bottom half EPL teams and those Euros that come to WHL to defend. Lennon, SWP, Bale, Malbranque and Tarbuck should see us right....er, on the left.

So Davies and SWP, possibly KPB (still a possibility) and UCL here we come.........TO EUROPE........TO EUROPE......
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptyFri Jul 27 2007, 18:58

manni wrote:
last 25 years?

After talking to my sports scientist who knows the medical staff from Portsmouth, it would appear that it's not the physios but the coaches and conditioning staff who go about their training wrongly, overloading players with inappropriate sesisons which eventually (or very quickly in some cases) leads to breakdown and injury. We need to get a top strength and conditioning coach and sports scientist if we don't already have one of each at the club.
Back to top Go down
manni
manni

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 02:21

Petrov is a muppet (Ezza)

Hardly, he seems to be joining a club that buy a player whom will play, where he is suppposed to and regularly.

Rather than our haphazzard collection of average guys who get shipped across the park from pillar to post.

Let's see where we actually finish next season. Petrov is quality, don't suprised to see a wide points margin between Man City and Spurs next season. (if any)
Back to top Go down
manni
manni

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 02:22

I meant narrow points margin. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
chivers

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 12:45

Tut tut....not good news....and the vast majority of my non-spurs fans mates think we'll finish in the top 4
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 12:56

So come on then Chivers, reveal your identity, which team do you really support ?
Back to top Go down
chivers

PostSubject: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 13:13

I'm sorry?...I do not understand
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 13:22

manni wrote:
Petrov is a muppet (Ezza)

Hardly, he seems to be joining a club that buy a player whom will play, where he is suppposed to and regularly.

Yeah its nothing to do with the 60,000 a week he was offered. The reason we have been shoving players all over midfield, is precisely because we don't have a natural left-sided player. If we did have someone like Petrov, I'm sure we see a lot more stability and less chopping and changing, at least positionwise. Less said about Tainio attempting to play rightback and chimbonda/stalteri on the left the better.
Back to top Go down
chivers

PostSubject: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games EmptySat Jul 28 2007, 13:29

I do wonder if the time will come when we have to say goodbye to Mr King....he has to get through this season and play continually....and yes I was gutted about Petrov...why he'd want to go to City I don't know...can only be money...City are an unknown entity this season I'd say....rather good or rather bad.....they have a donk of a manager now also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leders to miss 1st 5 games   Leders to miss 1st 5 games Empty

Back to top Go down

Leders to miss 1st 5 games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next