Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Go down 
+52
edman
colininDB
LoubyLou
Vishal
Kin on Spurs
jjetset
charlize
Craig
Alex
Confucius
kevinyip714
nipponyid
spurs4ever
slug
Les Boy
Barry Lineker
jacksyee
Martin Chivers
gundam
danish
Tai
Fatyid
Enter The Pitbull
Bennycat
Chirpy
nigel
Janek
charlie
bad_baz
chivers
chrischeng
IanG
Benno
Aussiespur
leo88
Hairy
Ian
Kevin
ezza
Number 10
thfc1882
ozspur
Tottingham
spur'don
StewHK
twiglet
Daniel
DannyBoy
James
hongkongyid
GDG
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 17:16

James wrote:
8-9:30pm, pitch 14

Seems from the other posts that you have more than enough players already though. Perhaps I'll join next time.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 17:18

Half of us are gasping for air after 20 minutes, especially in this heat and we were rather overrun last time, so all hands to the pumps - if you're up for it , would be great to see you there.

Bennycat, you omitted to tell them that it's a full sized dalek that you can sit inside!
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 17:22

GDG wrote:
Half of us are gasping for air after 20 minutes, especially in this heat and we were rather overrun last time, so all hands to the pumps - if you're up for it , would be great to see you there.

Bennycat, you omitted to tell them that it's a full sized dalek that you can sit inside!

PMed you my number
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02 2007, 17:27

Got it, see you on Saturday. White shirt, preferably a Spurs one!
Back to top Go down
Fatyid
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Fatyid

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 23:21

Right.....about time I started to use my PC for something a tad more constructive than looking for videos of young Thai ladies with huge bangers!!
I'm Nathan (always been on the fringes of the SIHK crew..eh Stew) and have been known to drag myself along to live games on TV in Wanchai. Usually on Sundays when twatted from an all dayer after playing footie (Yau Yee League) earlier in the day.
Born in '72 in Paddington and Spurs since then. UEFA Cup '72 winners commerative bag was my school bag until I was about 8!!! Grew up in Enfield, White City, Bruce Grove (walking distance!!!!) and Harrow. First game wasn't til 91 FA Cp semi final as I used to play quite a high standard amatuer on Saturday afternoons - then I got fat!
Been in HK 10 years and live in Discovery Bay. Work for the Hong Kong Delivery Company and still lace up the boots every Sunday for the work team (newly promoted to div 3).
Best Spurs memeories - Tony Parks in 84, Gazza in 91, Klinsmann's first home game. Going to Library Sleep and never seeing us win Sad .
Looking fwd to playing for SIHK FC.

COYS!!!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 23:25

Hi Nathan - I remember seeing ya a couple of times down Delaney's. Didn't you end up watching the games in white stag or Devils ??

What standard of amateur football did you play ? As a supporter of Whyteleafe FC as well as Spurs, I know of a number of non league teams around the London area.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 23:30

Welcome Nathan - I too am in DB so I probably know you by sight if not by name - until now. Would be good to see you in a SiHK top in the near future, no game organised yet but I'm sure we'll have another lined up very soon. Are you going to be there for the Sunderland game on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Fatyid
Fatyid

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 23:44

spur'don wrote:
Hi Nathan - I remember seeing ya a couple of times down Delaney's. Didn't you end up watching the games in white stag or Devils ??

What standard of amateur football did you play ? As a supporter of Whyteleafe FC as well as Spurs, I know of a number of non league teams around the London area.

Frequented White Stag, Devils, Delaneys, Skitz, Old China Hand. Were u there in 2002 the wee hours when we did Chelski 5 - 1 in the league cup - the pub name fails me but there was about 10 of us?

Played for Harrow Borough, Hillingdon Borough and Atherstone United when they were in the Southern Premier league (one game trial - u can guess how that went Sad !!)

Doubt I'll make it this Saturday as I will more than likely watch in the Aviator Tung Chung with a Mackem mate of mine - but will show my ugly mug from time to time.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 06 2007, 23:50

Nathan - Nah, I missed that 5-1 win.

I've heard of Harrow Borough. They play in the Rymans Premier League, the league above Whyteleafe. Very decent non league level - just one division below the conference.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 01:05

Fatyid wrote:

Frequented White Stag, Devils, Delaneys, Skitz, Old China Hand. Were u there in 2002 the wee hours when we did Chelski 5 - 1 in the league cup - the pub name fails me but there was about 10 of us?

I was there that night. Was it the Beer Castle?
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 11:24

twiglet wrote:
Fatyid wrote:

The place opposite Delaneys - now Amazonia (???) Was originally going to be in Delaney's but they lost the signal so we all moved across the road. Very tricky going straight to work that morning. Fortunately none of my colleagues drink........ so they wouldn't recognise the smell of stale beer........ would they confused
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 11:47

Used to be called 'The Venue' in those days. There was also a 'sports' bar above The Venue but never went there.
Back to top Go down
Fatyid
Fatyid

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 07 2007, 22:41

ozspur wrote:
twiglet wrote:
Fatyid wrote:

The place opposite Delaneys - now Amazonia (???) Was originally going to be in Delaney's but they lost the signal so we all moved across the road. Very tricky going straight to work that morning. Fortunately none of my colleagues drink........ so they wouldn't recognise the smell of stale beer........ would they confused

The Beer Castle RIP!! - I went straight to work too. Everyone thought I'd shit the bed and had a case of Stella for breakfast!!!!
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Hi   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 08 2007, 00:56

Fatyid wrote:
Right.....about time I started to use my PC for something a tad more constructive than looking for videos of young Thai ladies with huge bangers!!
I'm Nathan (always been on the fringes of the SIHK crew..eh Stew) and have been known to drag myself along to live games on TV in Wanchai. Usually on Sundays when twatted from an all dayer after playing footie (Yau Yee League) earlier in the day.
Born in '72 in Paddington and Spurs since then. UEFA Cup '72 winners commerative bag was my school bag until I was about 8!!! Grew up in Enfield, White City, Bruce Grove (walking distance!!!!) and Harrow. First game wasn't til 91 FA Cp semi final as I used to play quite a high standard amatuer on Saturday afternoons - then I got fat!
Been in HK 10 years and live in Discovery Bay. Work for the Hong Kong Delivery Company and still lace up the boots every Sunday for the work team (newly promoted to div 3).

Best Spurs memeories - Tony Parks in 84, Gazza in 91, Klinsmann's first home game. Going to Library Sleep and never seeing us win Sad .
Looking fwd to playing for SIHK FC.

COYS!!!

Yes Nathan, there's been a few on the fringes of the Spurs Wanchai crew! Didn't know you were in Disco Bay these days. No wonder we haven't seen you recently. Oggy said he saw you a few times at Yau Yee Football though.

You should make a change from that routine and come over to Wanchai on Saturday. Bring the Mackem if you want!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Hello all fellow Yids   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:05

Hello everybody!. I just couldn't believe there is a local spurs contingent but here you are! My name is Ted and I was born in HK. I've supported Spurs since 1972 so I guess I'm one of the old guys but this is just unbelievable! Spurs In Hong Kong. I like that.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:07

Hey Ted, welcome to the board. Are you going to join us in Delaney's in Wanchai on Saturday night? Should be around 30 of us there, the place is going to rock! Two more sleeps... two more sleeps...
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:12

I can't sleep GDG .

No more sleep for me. I'll come as a zombie
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:15

Good of you to welcome Ted while you were in here. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:16

Hi GDG. Sorry, I'll have to pass on Delaney's owing to plans made before I found the site. I'm going to watch the game with a mate but now that I know you guys are around, I'd be delighted to join you for a drink or ten!
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:23

Never mind, it's a long season and there will be many meets. Do you play footie? We've got our own 7-a-side footie team which has played three times thus far (and may need to become an 11-a-side team soon due to popularity), all are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:29

I played but I'm in my late 40s so I don't think I'm the pacey winger you're looking for! Still, I'm relatively fit and I can do kickabouts for 5 minutes or a coupla free pints!

Oh and yeah. Nice to meet you too, spur'don Exclamation
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:31

Don't mind Jeremy, he's very friendly really. I'm 45 and we have another old geezer who turned out in the first match at 55 years of age, so don't let age be a barrier.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:35

First, fellow Yiddos. Now fellow Yiddos my age! OK. Where do you guys play? I live in Tung Chung and I work in Tin Hau.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:36

14 wrote:
Hello everybody!. I just couldn't believe there is a local spurs contingent but here you are! My name is Ted and I was born in HK. I've supported Spurs since 1972 so I guess I'm one of the old guys but this is just unbelievable! Spurs In Hong Kong. I like that.

Hello Ted. Great to have you on board mate. Come on down for the next game if you cannot make this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 09 2007, 23:39

14 wrote:
First, fellow Yiddos. Now fellow Yiddos my age! OK. Where do you guys play? I live in Tung Chung and I work in Tin Hau.
We've played our games at Happy Valley. I'm in DB, Jeremy is in Sai Kung, Number 10 is in Yuen Long, so we come from all over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-
Jump to: