Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Go down 
+52
edman
colininDB
LoubyLou
Vishal
Kin on Spurs
jjetset
charlize
Craig
Alex
Confucius
kevinyip714
nipponyid
spurs4ever
slug
Les Boy
Barry Lineker
jacksyee
Martin Chivers
gundam
danish
Tai
Fatyid
Enter The Pitbull
Bennycat
Chirpy
nigel
Janek
charlie
bad_baz
chivers
chrischeng
IanG
Benno
Aussiespur
leo88
Hairy
Ian
Kevin
ezza
Number 10
thfc1882
ozspur
Tottingham
spur'don
StewHK
twiglet
Daniel
DannyBoy
James
hongkongyid
GDG
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! Empty
PostSubject: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 01:51

Borrowing unashamedly from SC, here's a chance to introduce yourself to everyone. People may use a different name on the board to their own, me for example. I'm Aaron, a physio, in HK for seven years this time, would like to make it along to all the games but realistically will be an occasional visitor. Supported Spurs since I was about 7, so 38 years now, greatest Spurs moment was being behind the goal for "That Goal" by Ricky Villa, still gives me goose bumps when i think back - you can't buy moments like that.

Don't be shy, tell us who you are and how you found Spurs..

Last edited by on Sat Sep 01 2007, 00:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 10:17

Hongkongyid here, most of you know me by the alter ego Sean. was manager of our first home at Skitz, but will be actively supporting us when chances allow during following season at our new home.

Supported our beloved team since 1977, when as a 7 year old was taken to Selhurst Park, and saw the lad's in yellow.

Greatest Spurs moments? Seeing everyone of Clive Allens 49 goals in 87 as I went home and away all season, the beating of the Spammers that season 5-0 at WHL. Ghod's last goal against Oxford, the last night of The Shelf, being in a bar on Samui surrounded by scousers and Klinsmann bangs in that goal in front of the Kop in the Cup.

There are lot's more obviously, but one thing really sticks out for some reason, up at Carrow Road, 'the boy Lineaker's' first goal for us, we draw 2-2, and just before Norwich equalised, the much maligned Gary Stevens comes on up front, is nowhere near a throw in that has just been taken from which Norwich equalise, at the back of the Spurs stand a fellow Yid launches himself from the top t the bottom to shout "that was your fuckin fault Stevens", I'm not kidding but at least 3000 Spurs fans were in hysterics, I can see it clear as day even now.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 10:28

It's James, probably the only local here. Born and bred in Hong Kong, followed Spurs for over 15 years. Been to WHL few times and we are unbeaten while I was there Surprised ! If someone would offer me a season ticket....

Working as a construction litigation lawyer for an Aussie firm in Central, I will be getting married with Ellen (who made several appearances at Skitz Bar too) in January 2008. Watched all the Spurs games on TV before Daniel and Ezza formed this magnificent SIHK at Sean's Skitz Bar cheers .
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 11:09

I'm Daniel aka Danny Boy or Dan whatever name I'm taking to avoid confusion with our Leader and all-round-good-egg Mr Reynolds (who i noticed has signed for Wigan recently).

Been a Spurs fan since the late 80s at the tender age of 7 due to both sides of the family being spurs fans (grandad and grandma both regularly went to the lane). My first game wasnt until 1996, however, when i wached Tottenham get beaten by the 'might' Coventry 1-3. Still was a great exprience and i was a Paxton season ticket holder (along with my Dad and brother) from 16 onwards.

Favourite Game is a toughie, although recent Tottenham 2 Chelsea 1 wasn't bad at all. Perhaps Klinsmann's and Mabbutt's last game for us vs Southampton purely for the emotion was special.

Came to Hong Kong for one month internship Novemember working for a Luxury Brand Marketing Company, and came back in March 1st where i continue working away at the same place. Will be very regular to games due to living in Wan Chai.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 11:23

Daniel, Alcoholic, landed 9 moths ago in the guise of an Architect and needed some fellow yids to watch the match. Alas, there was no Spurs to be found despite several emails and searchings of the internet. Made contact with Ezza via another site and met up and watched the Villa away game in Delaney's (great OG there Angel, cheers). The next match the two of us stumbled into Skitz, got chatting to Sean, another yid, and found out that we needed to do our own thing or the situation would remain. We started up the old board and met Jason, then Jeff then Chris and so on and so on.

My most surreal Spurs moment was Bradford away when Ledley King scored the first goal after 11 seconds (still a Premiership record I believe). The bad news being that GGG decided to sit back and defend for the remaining 89 minutes and 49 seconds. The greatest moment was the warm welcome afforded to Judas on his return to WHL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 20:51

Hi guys - looks good the set up going here. Im twiglet AKA Harvey. Born in Chingford to a long line of Yiddos - im half German so work that one out but dont hold it against me. First went to the Lane as a wee lad in 1977 to see the mighty Spurs thrash Bristol Rovers 9-0 in our promotion season. Suppose I would call that my best Spurs memory if I could actually remember it so best game honour goes to our FA semi against the scum in 1991 with Gazzas free kick. Was a season ticket holder for a couple of years between 89-91 seasons but have not been to the Lane much in the last 10 years or so as now residing here in HK. Am currently running Al's Diner in LKF which I have been for er too long. Will definetley be out and about for the games next season, Im sure theres enough of us to make a bit of noise a la the 7s. Cheers lads
COYS
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 21:09

Al's Diner - haven't been there for ages, used to be a regular lunchtime haunt. Memo to self, lunch at Al's Diner - soon.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyWed Jun 06 2007, 23:48

Im usually on nights but if your in at lunch and see someone skitting about pretending to look busy its probably me - come say hi
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 00:05

I'll look out for you. You were the gent with the little lad in the Spurs kit at the 7's, right? Or wrong? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 00:21

That was indeed us cheers
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: Well Behaved   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 00:29

If Twiglet was there without his son, he probably would of been the most vocal person in the stands (especially after a few beers!). affraid

Pity there wasn't too many Gooners to abuse!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 09:30

twiglet wrote:
Hi guys - looks good the set up going here. Im twiglet AKA Harvey. Born in Chingford to a long line of Yiddos - im half German so work that one out but dont hold it against me. First went to the Lane as a wee lad in 1977 to see the mighty Spurs thrash Bristol Rovers 9-0 in our promotion season. Suppose I would call that my best Spurs memory if I could actually remember it so best game honour goes to our FA semi against the scum in 1991 with Gazzas free kick. Was a season ticket holder for a couple of years between 89-91 seasons but have not been to the Lane much in the last 10 years or so as now residing here in HK. Am currently running Al's Diner in LKF which I have been for er too long. Will definetley be out and about for the games next season, Im sure theres enough of us to make a bit of noise a la the 7s. Cheers lads
COYS

Harv,
Where did twiglet come from??
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

PostSubject: About Stew   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 11:25

My name is Stew, born in Westminster, London in 1963 (old git). Have been a THFC fan from the age of 7 and my first game was seeing Tottenham v Norwich in 1973. Was at the Lane (and lots of away games) as a regular during the late 70's and early 80's before coming to Hong Kong, although have been back to the UK for long stints since then. I have a Singaporean Mum and English Dad - they and most of my relations live in the Croydon area.

Amongst a couple of other things, I run a web site called http://www.toppundit.com which facilitates football prediction leagues for groups of people or individuals - Let me know if you want to play predicting the EPL next season or even set up your own league!

Hobbies include drinking, drinking and more drinking (only joking), oh of course and following the mighty Spurs !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 11:32

Spur'don - alias Jeremy. Lived in Hong Kong for 12 years - married for 10 to Mon. Originally from a village south of Croydon - Whyteleafe. A Spurs fan since 1982. Season ticket holder from 89-93.

Work for Johnson Matthey PLC - raw material supplier of frits, colours, precious metal etc - Regional Sales manager Asia. Live in Sai Kung, work in Lai Chi Kok.

Usually have 2 business trips to Europe per annum so get to see Spurs play a few times each season. 05'06 managed 4 games ( record since living in HK !). Last season saw 4-0 FA cup win away to Fulham. Got a couple of mates who can help arrange tickets for Spurs fans in HK.

Most memorable occasion - went on to every game on our 91 cup run. Pompey away was superb. Cup final against Forest even better but best game has to be 3-1 semi final win over the scum. FA Cups finals have a lot of neutrals attending. The semi was allocated nearly all to Spurs/Arsenal fans. Amazing atmosphere.

Was at WHL for game against Bolton 05'06. We lost but news of Bill Nic passing was announced in the morning - special day for those attending.

Another memorable day was taking my wife to her first game - beat Everton 3-2, coming back from 2-1 down with 15 minutes remaining. Wife loved the occasion and finally understood why I'm Spurs crazy !! Did wonders for our marriage !!!
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 12:20

StewHK wrote:
Amongst a couple of other things, I run a web site called http://www.toppundit.com which facilitates football prediction leagues for groups of people or individuals - Let me know if you want to play predicting the EPL next season or even set up your own league!
Is that with Bruce Anderson?
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 13:33

I'm Osvaldo Ardiles, I want to see the Tottingham win the cup.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 15:02

Is that it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 22:24

[quote="StewHK"]If Twiglet was there without his son, he probably would of been the most vocal person in the stands (especially after a few beers!). affraid

Thats why the wife insisted I took him along Crying or Very sad Mind you, it was worth it to see him join the chorus of Come on you Spurs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 22:32

Harv,
Where did twiglet come from??

Thats a long story - Back in 1971, my Mum wore the trousers in our house and decided (being German) she wanted to call her first son Hartwig. My Dad, young and in love, was agreeable to most anything she said. At school, Hartwig, being apart from anything else unpronouncable was shortened to twig and then twiglet. Harvey, incidentally, is my surname. Hartwig Harvey - My mum is excused - I still haven't forgiven the old man! Shocked

Last edited by on Thu Jun 07 2007, 22:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyThu Jun 07 2007, 22:35

Anyone tell me how to do the 'qoute' thing properly....
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 11:48

ok - seeing as my cover was blown last night and i'm possibly delusional. I am not infact Ossie Ardiles.

I'm Paul (good to meet some more tottingham fans last night). I, as all of you, am a spursaholic. This is my first meeting. I was born with blue and white blood in the 70s. I was shipped out to Hong Kong in 87. Despite the distance from London and the ups and down, my support has never waivered. And my wife hates it!

Current goal: make sure my young son NEVER supports the gooners

affraid
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 11:49

First, thanks for setting up this forum. Excellent to have a common site for all HK Yids.
As for me, my first game at WHL was in 1961, but to my eternal shame, I simply can't remember who we were playing. In fact, to be very honest, I didn't get to see much of the game but was simply blown away by the size of the crowd. My whole family were/are Spurs fans, so there was no chance of me being anything other than a yid.
Spent my teenage years in the Park Lane End and dodging Millwall fans whenever I returned home from the Lane - the dangers of growing up in Lewisham!
Special moments - too many to list but every Cup Final I went to was magical.
Worst moments - the insanity of Rotterdam back in 74, and losing to Coventry in 87.
I left England in 1972 and have spent all my working life out of England. Have been in HK for 7 years now, but prior to that lived in Brisbane - hence the name ozspur.
I try to get back to England occasionally, making sure I get a few games in. This season I had the misfortune of seeing us lose away at Bolton and at home to Everton. However, I did see us beat Santander and Sheff Utd.
Final comment, I actually hate Chelski much more than the gooners, and Wet Spam's not too far behind, but above all my love for all things Tottenham outweighs the hatred.
Also member of Spurs Odyssey and the Spurs List (google groups) - both fine forums.
COYS
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 12:52

twiglet wrote:
Anyone tell me how to do the 'qoute' thing properly....
Click the "quote" icon above the post you want to quote, then type outside the quote boxes when you make your own post, the site will sort it out for you from there.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 13:16

H.K.Hung (THFC1882) - support Tottenham since 1981. Webmaster of the only Chinese Spurs website in the world (www.spurs.hk). Favourite player: Hoddle ... simply the king of White Hart Lane.

As a fanatic supporter, I was at the Lane several times since 1995. The most memorable moment is my current visit. We were 0-2 down against Sevilla at HT in the 2nd leg of UEFA Cup, and the lads continued to support our team (discontinued "Martin Jol's Blue Army for 30 mins in the 2nd half). Very touching moment and excellent atmosphere. Luckily, we drew 2-2 and I avoided to see the second Spurs defeat at the Lane in European competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! EmptyFri Jun 08 2007, 13:33

Hi I'm James. Met most of you fellas last night I believe.
I've supported spurs since the early 80s, as soon as I knew what footy was. I'm from Reading, but my folks are both Londoners and my old man is a huge footy fan, but not of spurs. Started going to games in the early 90s and always try to fit one in during annual trips home - the last one being a dire away match at Fulham!
Been out in HK for 3 years, working in education.
Have played footy a few times with GDG, who introduced me to this group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!   INTRODUCE YOURSELF! Empty

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Spurs In Hong Kong :: Spurs In Hong Kong-
Jump to: