Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! Empty
PostSubject: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! EmptyWed Aug 29 2007, 01:52

Roll up .. roll up everyone, we have some beauties for sale... mucho good price

3 sleeps still to go before the window close... in the interest of both Spurs and palyer, I believe the following should be saying their respective Adios' by midnight Friday ..

Defoe - 12M
Ghaly - 2.5 M
Murphy - 2 M
Routledge - 2.5 M

Noticed I kept Gardner and Salty. While they are not week in week out players, they have proven they are valuable back-up.

Assuming all the sales are completed on time (which I honestly doubt) and those prices (less doubtful) , that's nearly 20 M recouped ... which means that Spurs' net position with regards to investment in the squad is only half of the claimed 40M. Seems to me there should be a significant chunk of change to be released to sign 2 of :bmj: MOST WANTED... At a time when trust has taken a severe battering, I seem to have a bit more in Jol than Kemsley and Comolli...
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! EmptyWed Aug 29 2007, 10:11

Still think we should hang on to Routledge, a useful player to have on the bench. Can't see us getting more than 50p for Ghaly, who'd want him now? Free transfer in my opinion, get him off the payroll.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! EmptyWed Aug 29 2007, 16:07

bad_baz wrote:
Still think we should hang on to Routledge, a useful player to have on the bench. Can't see us getting more than 50p for Ghaly, who'd want him now? Free transfer in my opinion, get him off the payroll.

I disagree with Routledge.. still young enough to improve, but not sure he's good enough. He had a good opportunities at Pompey and Fulham, but didn't shine... I'd rather have Malbranque or give Taarbat more time on the pitch. That's 2 decent substitutes for Lennon.

As for Ghaly, you're right, we'd be lukcy to get an offer for a pint and a bag of crisps and we should release him to free up his salary (1/2 Mil a year?) .

Hopefully a continental side will take him off our hands for a cool Mil, which I think is what we paid the Dutch for him. .. or was it a free scratch ... he may have been a 'Frank the Wank' freebie
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! EmptyWed Aug 29 2007, 16:21

Afraid not Hairy, think he cost around 3-3.5mill pale
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

PostSubject: Re: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! EmptyWed Aug 29 2007, 16:30

affraid .. well it looks like Wet Spam need another midfielder Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! EmptyWed Aug 29 2007, 19:47

Routledge isn't good enough to be a first team regular but you do need squad players. He is adequate cover.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! EmptySat Sep 01 2007, 08:26

Fulham have signed Danny Murphy from Tottenham on a year-long loan deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!   Spurs' Summer Sales ! !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Spurs' Summer Sales ! !!
Page 1 of 1