Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Same old Spurs

Go down 
+10
spur'don
Janek
gundam
James
Hairy
hongkongyid
Ian
thfc1882
Enter The Pitbull
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 01:14

I'm absolutely livid. It's performances like this that really makes me want to kick in the TV set and draw looks of pity from my wife and kid. A game that should have been over by the half hour ends up with us holding on to dear life for a draw. A f#*king draw! Why was Robbie Keane taken out? To appease Defoe? Why does Jenas pass the ball when he he's practically inside the 6 yard box? Why was a midfielder taken out for a defender? To let the opposition know we're scared? We don't have the capital to do these things? We can't finish off teams. We will not finish in the top 6 this year and we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10. Nobody can read the tempo and little turning points of the game. Nobody knows how to make sure things like what happened today, at Sunderland and at Man U mustn't be allowed to happen. We have no leader. Rant over.
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 01:33

14 wrote:
I'm absolutely livid. It's performances like this that really makes me want to kick in the TV set and draw looks of pity from my wife and kid. A game that should have been over by the half hour ends up with us holding on to dear life for a draw. A f#*king draw! Why was Robbie Keane taken out? To appease Defoe? Why does Jenas pass the ball when he he's practically inside the 6 yard box? Why was a midfielder taken out for a defender? To let the opposition know we're scared? We don't have the capital to do these things? We can't finish off teams. We will not finish in the top 6 this year and we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10. Nobody can read the tempo and little turning points of the game. Nobody knows how to make sure things like what happened today, at Sunderland and at Man U mustn't be allowed to happen. We have no leader. Rant over.

All this is true. Clueless, sissy tactics and despite all Jol's talk that he is running spurs as a business, not a playground - he proved quite the opposite in bringing on the totally ineffective Defoe for the livewire Keane.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 02:10

Give Cerny and Alnwick a chance !!!

Robbo is inviting the opponent to shoot !
Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
Ian
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
Ian

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: We lost 3 all :-(   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 02:29

what else is there to say... Mad

... but having said that, I'll say more: Bale is phenomenal; Berba's goal was beautiful.... oh, and thanks for the pic GDG Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 02:36

I'm usually Mr Calm, but that made me want to rip my eyeballs out with a pitchfork, and you know what, I knew they would equalise. Bringing Keane off was a mistake and BMJ will have to own up to that, UNLESS, he was injured and he didn't look like it. Defoe is not a 20 minute cameo player.

Not a knee jerk reaction but Robbo has to be 'rested', everyone is taking a pop from distance, alright, I know one got a deflection, but still this is getting slightly out of hand the amount of 'goals of the month' that are scored against us.

This game we should have won in 15 minutes, why did Jenas think to take an extra touch, he didn't against Derby and slotted one home.

I am more pissed off about this game than Sunderland/Everton combined as we should have buried this lot before half time. Gawd help us against the Gooners.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 03:06

Robbed... AGAIN !

Robbo should be "rested", (unless Cerny is really crap, in which case we're fucked)
C'mon, we created enough to have buried the game by half time... that's the biggest kick in the cojones as another 2 fecking points dropped !!
Taking Keano and Malbranque killed us off going forward. As hongkongyid said earlier, Defoe doesn't do 20 minute cameo's... why, coz he's hite and need an average of 250 minutes, 500 off sides and umpteen selfish strikes at goal to score a single goal. Absolute bollocks decision, sorry.

On the plus side, we played better than we did against ManUre and Bale was a REVELATION and probably, MOM .. YIDDO !.. YIDDO !!.. YIDDO !!!
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 03:20

We didn't perform badly. It was the way we let a 2 goal lead slipped that frustrates me. We created many many chances and generally played well in all our attacking play. Bale was everywhere, Berbs scored a great goal, Kaboul looked comfortable on the ball and was a threat at our corners.

But Chimbonda! This guy needs to take proper defensive lessons. He lost his man for the 1-2 goal and he gave away the throw in which ultimately led to the 2-3 goal by trying to be casual (or clever).

Jenas played well against Derby and he should be rested for the next 3 games on the account of probability. A truly consistent performer - performs well in every 1 in 4 matches. Hopefully he'll come good again against the Goons.

I didn't disagree with subbing Keano with Defoe to be honest. Keano did nothing apart from 2 good touches which led to the 2nd and 3rd goals. Defoe had the pace to cause problems with the Foolham defence which they were pushing men in search for an equaliser.

Berbs should be taken off at the last few minutes for perhaps Taarabt. Despite his undoubted talents, he STILL seems disinterested and wasn't helping the team's cause in holding on to the win. Sometimes it seems that keeping Berbs happy is more happy than keeping the team form.
Back to top Go down
gundam
gundam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 03:35

230am now and i still can't sleep!

robbo, u need a break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 03:39

Apologies for not turning up tonight. I was on a very boozy junk all day, went to sleep at 7 for an hour, slept through the alarm and woke up at 2:30am! What an idiot.

I'll have to see you all for the Arsenal game.

I've read the reports and it is typical Tottenham, not killing teams off when we have the chances and conceeding last minute goals. Why can't Jol eradicate these problems on the training ground.

We HAVE to beat Arsenal now to get the season back on track.

Boro at home in the League Cup won't be easy either.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 11:18

I feel utterly depressed - no mood for anything today.

Yesterday was a perfect illustration of why Levy and the board harbour doubts about Jol. Good performance, plenty of chances but here we are repeating the same old tune - an inability to kill of games and huge question marks over the subs.

The plus points ? scratch Bale. Quality player. Kaboul had a decent game too.

Great turn out and atmosphere at Dublin Jack.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 12:16

Snap out of it !
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 15:06

Not much else to add - we played very well for most of the match and should have waltzed past them. But we insist on playing too deep, even before we gave away goals at the end we weren't challenging them until they were nearly in the box. The midfield should be shutting space down much higher up the pitch, that way you eliminate most of the long shots that seem to be whistling past Robbo with alarming frequency.

Thank God we have a week off next week and can watch some truly one-sided rugby matches where the result will not be in doubt, even before the kick off.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 15:42

Conceded again from corner and long shot. Mad

Skysport and other soccer website hv already stated out tht
we're the team conceded with most long shot last season in the EPL
and also 24 goals conceded from set-pieces including freekick and corner.

These problems had already existed since last season.
It still a disaster today
After 5 games . We've conceded 8 goals
75% came from long shot (2) and set-pieces (4. 2 corner + 1 free-kick + 1 throw-in).

So....? clown
Back to top Go down
StewHK
Ramon Vega
Ramon Vega
StewHK

Number of posts : 658

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptySun Sep 02 2007, 15:48

To be honest I can see on the horizon - mutterings of the board being vindicated to some extent, by looking at mangerial options in the form of Ramos in Spain.

Whilst I am not necessarily supporting this, it is becoming apparent that Jol is regularly 'tactically niaive'. Ive seen coach after coach at Tottenham over the years making the same mistakes when leading a game by a goal and then going all defensive, instead of destroying off the opposition. Very sad!

Stew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toppundit.com
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs EmptyTue Sep 04 2007, 03:29

Before that game I was a staunch Martin Jol supporter but having seen the tactics he deployed are beyond belief.
How can we be so dominent and then defend a 2 goal lead against that bunch of no-body's?
Does Jol (and Hughton) not understand that when you have the opposition down and out, you pummel the life out of them, not let then get up and stab you in the back!
If we can't take 3pts off Fulham, we're can't seriously think we deserve to be in the Champions League!
Shame Tottenham, Shame!
Same old Spurs 8a10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Same old Spurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Same old Spurs   Same old Spurs Empty

Back to top Go down

Same old Spurs
Page 1 of 1