Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Bent a done deal?

Go down 
+7
twiglet
ozspur
spur'don
Kevin
James
DannyBoy
GDG
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Bent a done deal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 23:03

You want to be careful, too much worrying can make you go bald early. Cool
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16 2007, 23:15

Swap deal for Rooney and Ronaldo.
Back to top Go down
leo88
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
leo88

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 05:44

it would be absolutely fantastic if we can keep berby,keano,defoe AND sign Bent...! Think of the options available to Jol, and the possibility of fielding 2 separate partnerships for different games i.e Berby/Keano and Bent/Defoe...and for the big games, berby and Bent upfront...surely thats what dreams are made of!?

i bet defoe will be off though, hope not though
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 17:20

Tottenham hope Darren Bent will agree to join them from Charlton in the next 48 hours.

But they will have to raise their initial offer of £12.5million plus two players, thought to include former Charlton midfielder Danny Murphy.

Charlton boss Alan Pardew is said to be "uncertain" about Murphy’s qualities in the Championship so Spurs need to find more cash.

It is believed Bent would join for less than the £75,000-a-week offered by West Ham, who yesterday complained after their attempt at signing the striker collapsed.

"There is a certain amount of frustration and even a bad taste," said a club spokesman.

"Something seems to have happened to make the player have a change of heart. One avenue is closed, but there are other options."

The club could return to Everton’s Andrew Johnson but the Merseysiders have so far rejected their overtures.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Kevin

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 22:09

DO we really want Bent ??? is it that good ? scratch

I am sure he is reasonable but if a reasonable player playing for a relatively woeful club, like charlton, I am he will shine... I must admit reports of suggesting spurs will pay $12.5m plus players is too much for someone like bent... I am sure there will be those that disagree with this view
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17 2007, 22:12

I'm torn to be honest.

He IS a proven premiership goalscorer though, and thats a rubbish team like Charlton so with decent service from Bale, Berbatov and Lennon...? Plus if he's bought as a replacement for Mido and not Defoe, we can only be upgrading there. On the other-hand 12 mill for a 3rd or 4th choice striker...?
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18 2007, 03:14

I suppose theres always a risk when you sign a player from an average or even bad side. Bad sides make average players look good. Still, that said, he has scorde around 20 goals for the last 3 seasons so he must be doing something right. The 17mill thats being banded about is way OTT imo.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19 2007, 00:50

DannyBoy wrote:
12 mill for a 3rd or 4th choice striker...?

This is the real concern, and we are set to spend 8M on Kaboul, who could be a 3rd choice CB, behind Ledley and Dawson. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
leo88
leo88

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19 2007, 19:56

if we get a good run in the cups then we will need a quality squad, it means we can rest important players like dawson and berbatov and yet field a strong team in all competitions. Like last season we tended to play 2-3 games a week, this is good positive thinking by Jol i believe as he believes we will compete and do well in all competitions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bent a done deal?   Bent a done deal? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bent a done deal?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2