Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Lantau Hike, 18 May

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Lantau Hike, 18 May Empty
PostSubject: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptySat May 10 2008, 16:26

John, Jezza, Mon and I are planning a hike on Lantau, followed by dinner at The Stoep next Sunday.

Anyone else welcome to join.

n.b. Jezza will not be doing the map reading and John will not lose his wallet.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptySat May 10 2008, 16:50

nb - Jezza won't be able to attend as he will be flying back from Frankfurt to Hong Kong ( CX - for those interested ).

Janek / John - if Mon doesn't have a tour that weekend she said she will probably attend the hike. Just give her a call as she doesn't check this website.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyMon May 12 2008, 18:27

The hike should take about 3 to 4 hours, then beers and some grub on the beach at Cheung Sha. All welcome.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyTue May 13 2008, 11:11

Sorry, no can do. Another weekend praps.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyThu May 15 2008, 11:47

Meeting 1pm on Sunday at Central Ferry Pier for anyone who wants to join in
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptySun May 18 2008, 11:34

John - I've mislaid my phone, will be there at 1pm at central ferry terminal, will stand outside the one for lantau
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:40

I'm delighted to report that this was a great success.

John and I got up and down Sunset Peak in around 3 hours. We met a snake, John didn't lose his wallet and I found my phone. We celebrated by drinking beer on the beach at Cheung Sha and then had some barbequed meat and Saffa red wine at the Stoep.

Highly recommend others to join the SiHK Ramblers in the future if they can.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:50

Would love to have joined but I flying back from Frankfurt. Awful flight - turbulence and a crappie pilot who was incapable flying around or over it. Spent 3 hours flying at 33,000 ft instead of 37,000 ft and met tail winds over China of 150 km which forced the cabin crew back to their seats.

Anyway, back to hikes, how about this coming Sunday ? Fancy it ?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyMon May 19 2008, 16:58

Sorry to hear about the turbulence. Why didn't you go up to the pilot and tell him that you were the famous Biggles Butts and then take control?

Yes, certainly up for next Sunday. John had a route in mind, I think near Sai Kung, I'll let him explain. Can Mon make it too?

I don't know how people do Sunset and Lantau peak in one day, would nearly kill you!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyMon May 19 2008, 17:07

She gets back on Thurs and I doubt she'll go away next weekend, so yes, she should be available to join us.

Tai Long Wan is a superb walk near Sai Kung.

I'm writing a letter to CX. Very annoyed about the whole service. What is the point of serving food when the seat belt sign is on ? Who wants to attempt eating during such turbulance. What infurated me about the pilot was he told us they were expecting smooth flying conditions.

The horrid family sitting in front didn't help. Bastard kept on sneezing with no attempt to do so quietly. I told him to shut up.

Boy I need a good sleep tonight, either that or a decent punch up with someone.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May EmptyMon May 19 2008, 17:33

I'll open a new thread for next Sundays hike.

I had a similar thing with CX on a flight to Taipei when they wdn't let me go for a wee cos of the turbulence! I nearly had to go in a bottle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lantau Hike, 18 May   Lantau Hike, 18 May Empty

Back to top Go down

Lantau Hike, 18 May
Page 1 of 1