Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Jol and Robbo

Go down 
+5
GDG
Sam
Hairy
Linesmann
James
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 01:45

The blinded faith by Jol on Robbo will cost him the job ultimately. It's time for Cerny.

The UEFA Cup "captaincy confidence boost" obviously didn't work.

Will we see Jol in 2 weeks time again?
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 02:01

Did Robinson ever promised to Jol tht he will pay him 4M?
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 02:06

In Jol I trust.

It's not a decision to be taken lightly, dropping E'sN1. Let's face it Maclaren hasn't been any more decisive and will probably end up playing Robbo this week too.

I thought we played well generally tonight, while some of the players, Keano, Zokora, Jenas, Daws, Kaboul and Bale did VERY well. The ref was a complete wanker ! clown
Back to top Go down
Sam
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Sam

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 03:02

I still can not figure out why we need Robbin ?
Reason 1 : Jol fully support Robbin, then Robbin also fully support Jol?
Reason 2 : Robbin is the keeper for England team, so Jol face a high pressure to fire him?
Can somebody tell me the real reason??
I still can not sleep because of the match and why we always let somebody score in the last minute?? There are too many why in my brain now.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 09:24

Sam, you're relatively new to being a Spurs fan, but get used to it. I've been following Spurs for nearly 40 years now and it has always been the same. We flatter to decieve, we play some lovely football, but we have an innate capacity to shoot ourselves in the foot.

A couple of positives from last night - we shut out most of the long range shots and Jol finally decided to keep a winning forward pairing on the pitch rather than give someone else a run because he felt he had to.

Robison is a liability, ditto Chimbonda when he's defending - the trouble with the right back position is that Stalteri didn't look any better in midweek. But for keeper we have an excellent back up waiting in the wings who surely deserves a run now.

And we maintained our average of two goals conceded per league game this season - if we continue to require three goals to win a game it's going to be a long season.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 10:52

The last minutes goals at Sunderland, Fulham, Liverpool costs us 5 points already. We would be mid-table or above with that 5 points if we learn to stop conceding the last minute goals.

Regarding Chimbonda, we should bite Chelsea's hand off when they offered $10M for him in the summer in retrospect. I am sure we can get at least 2 if not 3 good reinforcements with $10M for a right back.
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 10:53

Find it hard to blame anyone for last night as we played very well in places and on the face of it a draw we would have taken before the game. My gripe last night was their first goal, there was a huge fuckin gap in the wall again, and when you watch it, Chimbonda jumps about 5 hours early with his arms raised high in the air, alright they scored (the ball took a deflection on the way through, I think Robbo would have held it if not) but if it had hit him then it would have been a pen.

Anyways I don't have to suffer the usual torrent of abuse from my extended family now.

What will be interesting is where ourselves and Liverpool find themselves when we play them at WHL on the last day of the season.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 12:17

Sigh. Drop Robinson. Been said before, will be said again. Clear to everyone except Jol.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 13:19

Number 10 wrote:
Sigh. Drop Robinson. Been said before, will be said again. Clear to everyone except Jol.

some people forget ...AND Maclaren cyclops
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 13:23

hongkongyid wrote:
Find it hard to blame anyone for last night as we played very well in places and on the face of it a draw we would have taken before the game. My gripe last night was their first goal, there was a huge fuckin gap in the wall again, and when you watch it, Chimbonda jumps about 5 hours early with his arms raised high in the air, alright they scored (the ball took a deflection on the way through, I think Robbo would have held it if not) but if it had hit him then it would have been a pen.

Anyways I don't have to suffer the usual torrent of abuse from my extended family now.

What will be interesting is where ourselves and Liverpool find themselves when we play them at WHL on the last day of the season.

Sean We'll be figting for 5th place ... at least drunken

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME ..
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ...
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ...
SPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS !!!!! !!!

cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by on Mon Oct 08 2007, 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 13:25

.. next up... a cheeky 2 -1 smash and grab at NOOOCursal !

bounce
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 13:43

well we need to get a couple of tricky away wins at places like the Barcodes, to make up for stupid points dropped (home to Everton, away at Sunderland, not holding on at Foolham)

Normally a draw would be fine there, but if we can get the smash n grab, we can build from that and the draws vs Villa and the Scouse.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyMon Oct 08 2007, 23:31

hongkongyid wrote:

agree Sean, we played well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo EmptyThu Oct 11 2007, 12:58

I managed to watch the game in the hotel room.

I'm quick to criticise Jol when he gets it wrong so it's only fair I offer some praise when he gets it right. We didn't do much wrong on Sunday. The subs ( or lack of ) were spot on. Why change the state of play when things are going well. When he did introduce a sub he kept the shape of the side in tact and pushed hard for another goal. Best way to defend is to attack.

No-one was at fault for the equaliser. That's football...it's a game of 90 minutes + stoppage and unfortunately goals can occur at any stage of the game.

My only criticism is why does he persist in playing Robbo ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jol and Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jol and Robbo   Jol and Robbo Empty

Back to top Go down

Jol and Robbo
Page 1 of 1