Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Robbo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 10:16

I'm not convinced. Apart from one good save, he still looked nervous and unconvincing. He failed to command his box and did his usual 'shall i come out for it, oh no, I'd better drop back' routine. His kicking may be better than Cerny but I really hope Cerny gets the nod for Sunday.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 12:25

I think Robbo will get the nod although I'd prefer Cerny. Think he did enough in the last 10 games to justify selection. For me, Robbos just one big bag of nervousness.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 12:53

twiglet wrote:
I think Robbo will get the nod although I'd prefer Cerny. Think he did enough in the last 10 games to justify selection. For me, Robbos just one big bag of nervousness.

I agree. I'd be very surprised if Robbo was dropped but I'm not convinced he has turned the corner. Furthermore he doesn't deserve it after his post semi final behaviour.

I'd feel a lot more confident winning if Cerny is in goal, especially as cheslea are strong on corners and have players who like to shoot from distance.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 12:55

I would like to admit that I'm warming up to the idea of having Paul Robinson play in place of Cerny (who has been a fantastic professional servant to the Club).

Just as cerny has done, Robinson will be able to benefit to play behind a defense that has improved significantly since Woodgate and the others came in.

For me, Robinson's superior skills are his great reflex saves and quality distribution, which we're probably going to need those against a quality chel$$$KI scum side.

It's a close call, but that quality is starting to edge it for me.

COME ON YOU SPURS ! !! cheers
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 13:01

Fair point. One aspect of Ramos that really stands out is the way he doesn't have favourites and isn't worried about dropping players.

To be honest there isn't much to choose between Robbo and Cerny. Neither are outstanding keepers but although Robbo has the edge with short range, reflex saves, I reckon the danger tomorrow is 20-30 yard strikes from Lampard, Anelka or Ballack....or Terry and Drogba scoring a corner.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 13:14

spur'don wrote:
Fair point. One aspect of Ramos that really stands out is the way he doesn't have favourites and isn't worried about dropping players.

To be honest there isn't much to choose between Robbo and Cerny. Neither are outstanding keepers but although Robbo has the edge with short range, reflex saves, I reckon the danger tomorrow is 20-30 yard strikes from Lampard, Anelka or Ballack....or Terry and Drogba scoring a corner.

Hope that I'm right (come Monday morning) that our defense, particularly from corners and freekicks has improved significanty. A line-up of Hutton, Woodgate, The King and Chimbo is quality. Don't forget that all the closing down that the team as a whole should be doing, has gotten much, much better.

I reckon Ramos will add Robinson to try to make the most of his more effective distribution where we'll try to hit them on the break,...Lennon will score one this way ! !! cheers
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 14:18

As I said before the UEFA game, I think Robbo would be recalled. Ramos must know something we do not. Robbo must have worked his arse off at training and he might have apologised to the team for his behaviour after the semi final. Over the years, he has been a great servant to the club. Remember Martin Jol got Robbo to attend that fans interview (or whatever it was called).

I think Cerny is a very good deputy but he is not a 1st choice material. He had his moments but overall I still have more confidence in Robbo. Let's hope being dropped had given Robbo a timely reminder that no one is guaranteed a place.

I am going to make another prediction that Robbo will be recalled to the England team when the next squad is announced.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 14:26

James wrote:

I am going to make another prediction that Robbo will be recalled to the England team when the next squad is announced.

Given the state of the national side, especially in the keeper department you are probably right.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySat Feb 23 2008, 15:09

[quote="James"]
I think Cerny is a very good deputy but he is not a 1st choice material.

cyclops spot on James
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo EmptySun Feb 24 2008, 00:33

http://www.football.co.uk/tottenham_hotspur/robbo_no_rift_with_ramos_260586.shtml

Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson insists he has not fallen out with head coach Juande Ramos or handed in a transfer request.
The former Leeds United shot-stopper was recalled to Spurs' starting line-up for Thursday's UEFA Cup clash with Slavia Prague but is unsure whether he will keep his place for Sunday's Carling Cup final against Chelsea.
"There is nobody that has been more hurt at being left out of the team than me," said the 28-year-old England international.
"There has been a lot of rubbish written about me wanting to leave and handing in transfer requests. But it was nice to show that I haven't had an argument with the manager.
"If I had an argument with the manager, he wouldn't have played me, let alone sent me out there as skipper. So I was delighted.
"I've got my head down and worked hard and I've worked hard for a long time over the last few weeks. Now I've got my reward.
"Ledley King is captain, then there is Robbie Keane, then there is me. Being left out of the side, I didn't know where I stood in that situation and it was a big vote of confidence in me from the manager."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robbo   Robbo Empty

Back to top Go down

Robbo
Page 1 of 1