Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

My Robbo song

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 13:47

with apologies to Pink Floyd

He don't need no extra training
He don't need no weight control
No dark sarcasm in the boardroom
Robbo! Leave that cross alone!
Hey! Robbo! Leave that cross alone!
Free kick goal - it's just another shit Robbo wall.
Free kick goal - it's just another shit Robbo wall.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 17:51

It is such a basic skill to position a wall and robbo just doesn't have it.

I suppose it doesn't help that he has no permanent goalkeeping coach at the moment, but still, that is no excuse for his form over the past 2 seasons.

I reckon he'll go to Villa or Boro for around 4m quid.
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyMon Mar 31 2008, 19:09

The goalkeeping coach thing as you say is hardly an excuse. We are talking about someone who has been in the professional football set-up probably since the age of 13. If he, as England's purported "NUMBER ONE" does not have a reserve of knowledge to call upon, then I feel very sorry for him. Surely in training with the England squad he would also receive a lot of attention from Clemence or whoever heads up the GK dept now. What IS goalkeeping training anyway? When Chris Moyles went to train with Robbo, Alnwick, Cerny and Segers last year all they did was fire shots at each other and bat them away, and do a lame drill where they roll backwards and forwards along the ground and save shots from both sides.

Robbo is infuriatingly useless right now IMHO. Most goalkeepers get better with age. In his case it is quite the opposite. As he gets older he is getting slower and unlike most goalkeepers he is not compensated for that by getting any wiser.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyThu Apr 03 2008, 12:24

Agreed with you, I think Ramos shd drop him again, but he won't as he wants to keep him in the shop window.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyThu May 22 2008, 08:25

Read this on SC this morning. Thought it provided some interesting food for thought. ..

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=31517

Rocksuperstar - Today, 04:50 PM
Quote:

<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><tr><td class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by danielneeds My Robbo song Viewpost
AHHHHR. Please forget Robbo, he is damaged goods. No shrink is gonna turn him into a top top keeper. We need to sign someone new, and I would put my entire life's belongings on a keeper being signed before 3rd July.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
My Robbo song Icon_neutral mug.

So only one person is prepared to accept that maybe Robbo can get back to his best now he has a proper coach, the rest of you are so short minded it's just a case of forgetting we ever had Englands youngest number 1 in decades, who was part of the team that got us up to 5th two years in a row and a man who loves this club and it's fans. Do any of you know how to support your team and it's players? My Robbo song Icon_neutral

You ain't Spurs fans, you're a bunch of desperates who have completely swallowed the money side of the game, expecting the grass to be greener... where did i leave that Chelspurs tag? My Robbo song Eusa_think

Right now i hope he does leave us, get's a shot at a club where he'll be appreciated for what he's capable of, rather than be slated for every goal we concede, regardless of the abysmal defending and outstandingly poor midfield.

scapegoat.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyThu May 22 2008, 08:33

I must say, I would love it if EN1 could come good again working with the new coach... But.

MMMMMMMM...

By Getspurredon on SC.

How many times has that been said about David james, yet he has been possibly the best keeper in the league this year. Saw a piece on him the other day and he does regular work with a guy who works on the mental aspects of his game. Surely we will give the new coach time to come in and assess whether he feels he can restore Robbo's lost confidence and with it his form.

It says above that he has a Sports Science degree and is known for using forward thinking methods and new methods, sounds highly rated due to his work with UEFA too.

Surely he sounds like just the sort of bloke who can restore Robinson to the way he was when he first came and saved us around 10 goals a season with his performances, not costing us as he has this season, he hasn't suddenly lost the ability to play, just lost form and confidence, yet woth the help of a sports psycologist James has turned his career around to be one of the best around in the form of his career, hopefull this new guy can do something similar with Robbo.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyThu May 22 2008, 09:22

Time for a clean slate. A new GK coach is just the start. Ship out both Robbo and Cerny and buy in two top class keepers and let them battle it out.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyThu May 22 2008, 11:06

ezza wrote:
Time for a clean slate. A new GK coach is just the start. Ship out both Robbo and Cerny and buy in two top class keepers and let them battle it out.

Compeltely agree. Cerny is gone. Robbo's ego won't let him be number 2. Sell him to Boro for 5m and let's get on with the future.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

My Robbo song Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Robbo song   My Robbo song EmptyThu May 22 2008, 14:50

You're absolutely right.

... " a momentary loss of reason " there Wink
Back to top Go down