Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Gilberto da Silva Melo

Go down 
+5
Tottingham
Janek
Linesmann
spur'don
ezza
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 10:20

Agree with ya Janek, it appears to have been a good window for us.

I'm especially pleased with the reinforcements at the back, although I'm sure Defoe's sale will likely grab the headlines.

Woodgate
Gilberto
Hutton
AND Gunter.

Hope they'll all settle in as quickly as Woodgate seems to have done and shore up our criminal defense. I'll make my predictions as to where we'll end up in the league after watching them in action a couple of times.

Ezza, think I'll join you for a glass of mulled wine and ginger-bread cake tonight !
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 10:23

ezza wrote:
I reckon the only game time Chimbo will get is in central defence if Ledders or Woody are out injured. I rate him more as a CB than a RB.

At 31, I would imagine Gilberto could also slot into CB if required ... this gets better all the time.

C O Y S !
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 10:35

From what I read about Gilberto, he can play left-back, left-mid and centre-mid. Let's us give players like Lee and Steeeeed a rest.

It is clear that Ramos is seeking to rebuild his Seville style at Spurs. The full-backs bomb on at every opportunity, the central midfielders mainly hold their positions and the wingers also bomb on, with one speedy one and one creative one.

First choice XI at the moment:

Cery

Hutton Woody King Gilberto

Lennon Jenas Tainio Steeed

Berba Keane
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 15:20

DannyBoy wrote:
Janek wrote:
not one, he'll be the first

i still harbour hopes of being the first portugese to score for spurs

Sorry Janek, Dominguez got there first!

Brilliant!Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02 2008, 14:08

I knew it, I bloody well knew there was another Brazilian on our books in the past. And his name was Diego! Although never played first team footie. I can now sleep at night.

From the official site:
Gilberto says it will be a real honour to become the first Brazilian to represent Tottenham Hotspur.

The full-back with 27 caps to his name for the five-times World Cup winners completed his switch from Hertha Berlin to White Hart Lane on Thursday.

Once he makes his debut, Gilberto will be our first Brazilian international in Premier League action – recent Brazilians in the reserve squad including Rodrigo Defendi and Diego Bortolozzo didn’t make that step.

“First of all, for me, it will be a great pleasure to be the first Brazilian footballer to play for Tottenham Hotspur,” smiled the 31-year-old in his new surroundings at Spurs Lodge. “I hope I can help make the team successful in the Premier League.

“It’s a new life for me to come to play in the Premier League and I will do my best for the club, for my new team-mates and friends. I want to play as soon as possible.

“I hope to have success with my new team-mates, to have it quickly and I will be a strong as I can for Tottenham Hotspur.”

Gilberto – who played at the Lane for Brazil in the friendly against Wales in September, 2006 – had a good friend to call for an insight into his new club with Kevin-Prince Boateng taking the same path from Hertha Berlin.

“I’ve spoken to Kevin a couple of times, it was great move for him as well and I played with him for two years at Hertha Berlin. Now I’m here I hope to gel with all my new team-mates and that’s how we can develop as a team.

“I’ve watched Spurs play on TV over the years and always admired them. It is a very big English club and I hope to do well here.”
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02 2008, 15:06

What was the name of that 18 yrs Brazilian midfielder we nearly signed back in 2003 or 04 ?

What ever happened to him ? He was suppose to be the next best thing.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02 2008, 15:12

they always are..The New (insert the name of very good player at the time in here)
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04 2008, 11:04

spur'don wrote:
What was the name of that 18 yrs Brazilian midfielder we nearly signed back in 2003 or 04 ?

What ever happened to him ? He was suppose to be the next best thing.

I'm pretty sure that was Diego. He eventually went to Porto, wasn't very good, but is now in Germany, I think for Werder Bremen and is playing brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13 2008, 14:51

Hope this fella is in the squad for Thurs night, I'd like to see how good he is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilberto da Silva Melo   Gilberto da Silva Melo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilberto da Silva Melo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2