Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Tottenham v Bolton

Go down 
+12
Enter The Pitbull
ozspur
Number 10
James
Tottingham
DannyBoy
LoubyLou
Daniel
spur'don
ezza
Hairy
Janek
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 01:50

Yes, Zok did quite well. Played with urgency all game and managed to threaten and get half-decent crosses in repeatedly second half.

Woodgate was outstanding though. MOM?

Hudd did ok and his passing made a big difference second half along with Ramos' cavalier 1-2-4-3 formation!

Berba anonymous.
Lennon same old.
Back to top Go down
thfc1882
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
thfc1882

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 19:04

James wrote:
Zokora is my man of the match, closely followed by no one. Berbatov should have scored with one of his many chances, including the one right at the end.

I hate his "dive", UGLY !!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.spurs.hk
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 20:38

Zokora played well 'cos it's finaly hit home that Spurs have just purchased his replacement. We won't be seeing much of Zokora next season.....if anything at all. I do not rate him at all.
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 20:50

Enter The Pitbull wrote:
impending fatherhood has sent him into a transcendental state of zen-like bliss. .

hope he's making the most of it
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 22:55

ezza wrote:
Zokora played well 'cos it's finaly hit home that Spurs have just purchased his replacement. We won't be seeing much of Zokora next season.....if anything at all. I do not rate him at all.

Zokora had his opportunity, as has Jenas, Lennon and Huddlestone. Don't be surprised to see all four gone in the summer.

Ramos knows our current midfield isn't capable of a top four finish.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:29

James wrote:
Zokora is my man of the match.
Man of the Match: Gregor Rasiak

Shame we did not get to see a bit more from the master marksman Laughing
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:34

I reckon Rasiak is arguably the ugliest player ever to play for Spurs.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:38

I thought the first half was tedious from both teams but the second half was quite good - we played some lovely stuff at times and although the match did have a training ground feel for us (not Bolton who were fighting for thier lives) you could tell that if it had mattered we were more than capable of winning the game.

Hudd and Steed had good games but Bent? What a let down - all season I have been willing him but I'm sorry, the verdict is in form the DB Jury: waste of money.

not wrist slashing stuff by any stretch of the imagination
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:42

I was most disappointed in Modric. He just didn't show at all. All that money and he hardly got a look in. Terrible dress sense as well. Sell him!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 10:51

he was there - in the stand. Proper big shonker on him as well so in the right part of North London.

What I did like about him was that he seemed such a nice young man - not like that tool Prince Ghetto and Chimbo who you just know are pimping beeyatches and sipping champers after training. No, Modric looked very quiet and unassuming which bodes well.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 11:04

Daniel wrote:
I thought the first half was tedious from both teams but the second half was quite good - we played some lovely stuff at times and although the match did have a training ground feel for us (not Bolton who were fighting for thier lives) you could tell that if it had mattered we were more than capable of winning the game.

Hudd and Steed had good games but Bent? What a let down - all season I have been willing him but I'm sorry, the verdict is in form the DB Jury: waste of money.

not wrist slashing stuff by any stretch of the imagination

The shame about Bent is that when you are used to watching such clever and artful forwards like Berba and Keano, Bent just looks like a blunt intsrument. I don't know what he was trying to do with that chance in the 2nd half when he was one on one with a bouncing ball and he just lifted it into the keeper's arms.

I thought Gilberto looked poor again, hopefully a solid pre-season will sort him out. Don't know why Jenas was trying to spray 50 yard passes all the time, he can't! Woodgate was outstanding, seemed like he had a ball magnet on his head! Also thought Zokora did very well, we can see Shimbomba as Zokora can fill in for Hutton when injured.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 11:09

Yes, Woody was excellent as usual and it bodes well for next season. Jenas was OK in spells but Berbs was again very wasteful in front of goal and wasted two guilt-edges chances as the cliche would have it. We could have sealed it 3-1.

Oh, and Hutton almost breaking his ankle on our hoardings/concrete round the pitch: Surely we have to look at that next season?
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 11:59

Daniel wrote:
Proper big shonker on him .

whats a shonker?
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
DannyBoy

Number of posts : 2596

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 12:02

twiglet wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Proper big shonker on him .

whats a shonker?

I think its a type of watch.

Shonker by Rolex.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 12:40

After turning down more money to join West Ham it's a real shame Bent hasn't blossomed at WHL. Part of the problem is strikers require confidence and a proper run in the side. Spending 16m on a 3 rd choice striker isn't the right strategy. You expect a striker costing that amount to hit + 20 goals but how can he when he is getting the odd 20-30 minutes here and there.

You don't become a bad striker over night after finishing top English scorer consecutive seasons in a struggling side.

There aren't many good strikers available and you need three. We're about to lose Berbatov so I'd hold on to Keane and Bent.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 12:49

Can I add that Cerny should be responsible for the goal we conceded? Can any goalkeeper be slower in catching the loose ball?
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 12:57

James wrote:
Can I add that Cerny should be responsible for the goal we conceded? Can any goalkeeper be slower in catching the loose ball?

I agree with that.

Cerny was fine for what he did for his first two years with us - sit on the bench and be ready if Robbo got injured and maybe play 3 or 4 games a year. I don't think he is good enough if you want someone to be pushing the first choice keeper and playing 15 to 20 games a year.
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 13:58

Was this game any good? I watched the whole thing at Delaneys, but having just come from a do where there was as much free Champoo as I could guzzle I must admit it all went by in a bit of a blurrr!

Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 60350

Should I bother getting the old De Lorian out and firing up the Flux-Capacitor?
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 14:01

p.s.

Shame on Dannyboy, who i spotted skulking at the bottom of LKF earlier in the evening, when I asked him if he going to watch the game in delaneys he gave me the thumbs up. Then never showed... poor form Neutral
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 15:15

Barry Lineker wrote:
p.s.

Shame on Dannyboy, who i spotted skulking at the bottom of LKF earlier in the evening, when I asked him if he going to watch the game in delaneys he gave me the thumbs up. Then never showed... poor form Neutral

He probably had one of his girlfirend's friend's girlfriend's party to go to...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 15:43

The goal (again) was Dawson's fault, for failing to properly clear in the first place and for letting Stelios sneak in front of him on a nothing cross.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 15:47

Leave Dawson alone
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 16:04

Daniel wrote:
Leave Dawson alone

As you also rated Davenport and Chris Perry, I think your endorsemnt of Dawson is damning on the poor lad...

Dawson out! Rocha out! Gardener out!

Keep Kaboul and also sign another centre half - maybe Jarque. Zokora and Thudd can play there if need be.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 16:11

so you only rate the good players and never rate the bad ones? Hindsight eh?
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 16:11

I rated Ginger Pele.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tottenham v Bolton   Tottenham v Bolton - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tottenham v Bolton
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next