Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Ins and outs next season

Go down 
+14
Barry Lineker
spur'don
ozspur
Linesmann
twiglet
bad_baz
ezza
Hairy
James
Tottingham
Janek
Daniel
Number 10
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Ins and outs next season Empty
PostSubject: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 17:13

Fellow SiHKers.

With Modric signed, perhaps we're about to see a large exodus of players before much more influx. I reckon that midfield will be the main area where we see changes, along with keepers.

So, that got me thinking about whether we'll see much change in other parts of the squad and who the borderline cases are.

I'll start with the much-maligned full-back Pascal Shimbomba. Common theory is that he's on his way, but I say keep him. Let's not forget that he was the league's Right-Back-of-the-year not so long ago. And so what if he likes a bit of a strop - so do Berba and Keane. And so what if he's a blinging party-boy off the field - so are Little Lennon, Hudd, JJ, Prince and many more. Keep Chimbo!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 17:20

I think we should ship Tanio Tanio asap. Also we should sensationally axe Chimbo. Not sure how you can defend him to be honest as he has been pretty woeful all season and cannot track back to save his life and such a stroppy bastard it is detrimental to the team.

I'd get shot of those two straight away
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 17:22

I would sell all of the following: Robinson, Cerny, Stalteri, Lee, Dawson, Rocha, Gardener and Tainio.

Controversially, I would keep Kaboul, KPB, Zokora and Bent.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 17:23

I'd give the Ghetto Prince another half a season agree
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 18:36

Is the prince injured? why has he not seen any playing time in either the first team or reserves? unless he is injured, surely he must already be in the bargain basement section of the spurs shop.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 18:52

The rumour is that we would not play Prince nor Kaboul again because that would trigger payment clauses in their transfer.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyMon Apr 28 2008, 21:26

James wrote:
The rumour is that we would not play Prince nor Kaboul again because that would trigger payment clauses in their transfer.

...interesting.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 14:46

Daniel wrote:
I think we should ship Tanio Tanio asap. Also we should sensationally axe Chimbo. Not sure how you can defend him to be honest as he has been pretty woeful all season and cannot track back to save his life and such a stroppy bastard it is detrimental to the team.

I'd get shot of those two straight away

Nonsense! Tainio is the most versatile player we have, happy at full back or anywhere across midfield!

Chimbo is skillful going forward and has pace and power. A bit more discipline (ie not treading on Lennon's heels) and he'd be sorted.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 14:48

of course they are. Sorry, I must have been watching some other team.

Chimbo and Tanionioinio out.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 14:49

Bollox
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 14:53

well argued as ever. Maybe if you backed your arguments up instead of swearing you could see that Tanininino and Chimbo are nothing more than squad players who are not really fit to grace the Derbys or the Sunderlands of this world. Tanininio has had about 6 'decent' games in his entire time at Spurs and Chimbo is always missing in action - great, well ok, good at going forward but poor at defending seeing as he is a defender.

Sorry, but I will have my say and my opinion is valid even if you try and shout me down. Change your attitude mate...
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:21

Yeah, but you always think your way is the only way, dammit!

I only swore cos I had made my point already and couldn't be arsed to repeat it. Now, I must elaborate!

I agree that TT is a squad player. That's why we need him - he can cover for so many others and do a solid job.

Chimbo may be blinging but so what? Are we not all about style anyway?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:26

Number 10 wrote:

Here we go again Rolling Eyes when did I say that? You can have your view but I cannot have mine right? OK

Number 10 wrote:
I only swore cos I had made my point already and couldn't be arsed to repeat it.

You made your point and I disagree, that is what an internet message board is about

Number 10 wrote:
I agree that TT is a squad player. That's why we need him - he can cover for so many others and do a solid job.

He is a liability and made of glass. Can he cover as an attacker? NO. Defender? NO. Midfield? NO. Hang on, what does he do? Trash. Dump him.

Number 10 wrote:

Yes we are but if that style involves looking like a crack addict then we are at the forefront of fashion. Chimbo is a mercenary shitcunt.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:32

Daniel wrote:
Number 10 wrote:

Here we go again Rolling Eyes when did I say that? You can have your view but I cannot have mine right? OK

Of course you may. I didn't say that. You implied that I implied that you said I couldn't have an opinion.

Number 10 wrote:
I only swore cos I had made my point already and couldn't be arsed to repeat it.

You made your point and I disagree, that is what an internet message board is about

Yes, but you then made a flippant remark on my casual disagreeing post of brevity, once again implying that my original post was not valid. If you had read it, you would have seen that I had already argued my point.

Number 10 wrote:

He is a liability and made of glass. Can he cover as an attacker? NO. Defender? NO. Midfield? NO. Hang on, what does he do? Trash. Dump him.

He's played right back several times, occasionally at left back and all across the midfield. That, as you are so fond of saying, is FACT!

Number 10 wrote:

Yes we are but if that style involves looking like a crack addict then we are at the forefront of fashion. Chimbo is a mercenary shitcunt.

Who isn't?

Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:42

OK, if you say so. Not sure as to why you keep on at this but FACTS are that CHIMBO and TAANAINNINOINOINO are so bad it hurts yet you want to keep them. Great tactical awarness skills. Stick to computer games Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:47

I'm with Daniel on this, I'd sell them both.

Tainio had a good game in the League Cup semi 2nd leg against the Goons and has had some decent performances in Europe centrally. However, we aren't going to get any better with him in the starting XI and I think Zokora can take his versatility man tag. Plus the fact that he only has to look at a football to get injured. We signed im on a free, so if we get a 2m offer for him I say sell.

It seems that Shimbomba is a rotter. His reaction to being substituted in the League Cup final shd seal his fate. He has form in requesting a transfer at Wigan on the pitch and demanding a new contract at Spurs when Chelski were interested. He is a lazy player and we already have a better right back in Hutton. Plus he is 29. If we can get 4m for him from someone like Aston Villa, I say flog him.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:52

I'd also sell him both, albeit on reasons a bit different to Daniel's.

Tainio is a squad player who is not a player we need if we want to push for Top 4. He is a very likable fella, a true Spurs fan, and I am delighted for him that he played a big part in our CCF win. But his time is up.

Chimbo - he is actually a good player as Number 10 said. He plays best against a strong team (eg Chelsea at home last season) but he also costs us a lot of goals for his poor marking. I only sell him because of his attitude. I don't want to keep players who doesn't want to play for OUR club.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 15:56

Get rid of the following: Robbo, Cerny, Chimbo, Gardner, Stalteri, BAE, Dawson, Lee, TT, Zokora, Bent, Tarbuck, KPB. Berba will probably leave too.

Bring in 8 replacements: x2 goalies, right back, centre back, left winger, x2 centre forwards, defensive midfielder.
Back to top Go down
bad_baz
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
bad_baz

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 16:05

ezza wrote:
Get rid of the following: Robbo, Cerny, Chimbo, Gardner, Stalteri, BAE, Dawson, Lee, TT, Zokora, Bent, Tarbuck, KPB. Berba will probably leave too.

Er...... so that just leaves Keano??

And Number 1 is Robbie Keane, and Number 2, is Robbie Keane........
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 16:06

Yep!
Back to top Go down
Tottingham
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Tottingham

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 16:12

But didn't he throw a strop at being substituted too... KEANO OUT.... we'll have to come up with a new player for that song.
Back to top Go down
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 16:31

Looking at our squad as of today AND considering they're healthy enough to figure in games most of time, who do you think is Top 4 material?
My picks:
Top 4 starters: Keane, Berbatov, Woodgate, Hutton, King
Close to: Modric, Bale
Top 4 squad: Jenas, Chimbonda, Huddlestone, Lennon, Malbranque, Cerny, Zokora
Worth a wait: Kaboul, O'Hara, Taarabt, Boateng, Gunther
No way: Everyone else

For me, we need at least 4 Top 4 material players as starters to even have a shout. Our squad players will be better than at present but this is taking into account King will stay healthy and Modric and Bale perform to expectations.
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 16:42

I should have added Kaboul to the players we ship out
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyTue Apr 29 2008, 17:01

agree we need to shi(f)t out a lot of the rot but surely getting rid of too many will destabilise the framework and mean having another 'transitional' season while everyone gets used to each other.

i say take it step at a time and lets not get carried away showing everyone the door too soon

Defenite outers are : Robbo, Cerny, Gardner, Stalteri, Rocha, Ghaly(??), Gilberto, Bent (if Berbs stays)
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season EmptyWed Apr 30 2008, 01:09

Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul has launched an astonishing attack on manager Juande Ramos, claiming their Carling Cup triumph was “nothing to do with him” and that they would still have won it under former boss Martin Jol.

Kaboul also claimed that Ramos does not communicate with the players and that the Spanish coach has not given him a chance since he replaced Jol last October.

Ramos has been widely praised for his work with Spurs after their disappointing start to the season, but Kaboul has not featured in the first-team since March 1 and is clearly unhappy with his life at White Hart Lane under Ramos.

“Tactically it has changed a bit, perhaps,” said Kaboul. “But then, in terms of personality, Martin was a character.

“For us, he was a father-figure, whereas Ramos, it is just tactics and nothing else.

“In training, we do a lot of 11 v 0 and stuff on the blackboard to work on our progress with the ball.

“Ramos has brought us that, but nothing else. What has saved us this season is the Carling Cup. People say we won the Carling Cup because Ramos arrived at the club, but that has nothing to do with him. We would have won it with Martin Jol.”

The 22-year-old Frenchman last played in the 4-1 defeat at the hands of struggling Birmingham at St Andrew’s.

But Kaboul, signed from Auxerre last summer, has not featured regularly since Ramos replaced the ousted Jol.

“I played the entire first half of the season but since the change of manager, I have not played,” said Kaboul.

“I have had no explanation from him. He doesn’t talk, with anyone. Communication doesn’t exist with him. He isn’t playing me? That is his choice - I respect it, I am a professional.

“I am young and it is the first time this has happened to me in my career. But I am not surprised because when you are a footballer, you must be prepared for that, for good and bad times.”

“Ramos has not really given me a chance. When a player doesn’t have the confidence of his coach, he can’t do much on the pitch. But when a coach has confidence in you, you take the handbrake off and you race away.”

...Bye-bye Younes! :sms:

Last edited by Hairy on Wed Apr 30 2008, 10:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ins and outs next season   Ins and outs next season Empty

Back to top Go down

Ins and outs next season
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next