Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Berbs to Milan

Go down 
+4
Hairy
James
spur'don
ozspur
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyWed May 07 2008, 22:06

Seems like this might be happening according to many other forums. As long as it's not to another PL club and we get loads of money then so be it. Will be sad to see him go but not sad to see the end of his sulkiness.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyFri May 09 2008, 15:32

Berbatov has to go into to finance the spending on new midfield signings. We must not be afraid to sell players when the timingis right. He doesn't want to remain at WHL. He is approaching 28 yrs old. Sell him for 30m and reinvest.
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyThu May 22 2008, 17:54

Berbatov not on Milan's radar?

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has set his sights on securing one of Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto'o, Emmanuel Adebayor or Amauri.

Ancelotti is keen to bolster his side after it finished the season fifth in Serie A, 21 points behind champions Internazionale.

Chelsea's Drogba has been persistently linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge after he confessed his desire to quit the club in an interview with France Football magazine shortly after former boss Mourinho's Stamford Bridge exit last September.

Barcelona forward Eto'o, meanwhile, is reportedly unsettled at Camp Nou and looks set to part company with the Primera Division club in the summer.

Revolution

Amauri, however, is understood to be on the on the brink of joining Juventus, while Adebayor recently expressed his desire to remain at Arsenal.

But Ancelotti, who brought Mathieu Flamini to the San Siro from The Gunners earlier this month, insists he will purchase one of the aforementioned strikers.

"We will return next season to win Serie A," he said in Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We will sign one of Drogba, Eto'o, Adebayor or Amauri. All of those players have perfect characteristics.

"There will be new names at the club, but it will not be a revolution because the basis of the group is already solid."
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyThu May 22 2008, 22:17

Made me think this one.

Berba's gonna have quite a bit of competition this summer from other top contenders such as Drogba, Eto'o, Hebangedawhore, Amuri, etc etc, to secure an offer from one the current big boys.

To my reckoning, there aren't really that many CL teams sexier outside of England that he would want to move to. In fact, no point in looking outside of Italy and Spain.

So Madrid obviosuly springs to mind (only, they don't seem to require tinkering up front) Barce of course, are also there, and I could easily see him playing there next season. If we can get Dos Santos and Milito in exchange, then sadly, for sure.

Then in Italy, both AC and Inter (who may swap managers with Moaningho and Manchini) are top of the list. I don't think Roma has the money, but Juve may surprise and want to make a statement of intent. the old girl is still substantially owned by the Agnelli family, the richest in Italy.

Despite his (natural) ambition to play in the CL, perhaps the right opp doesn't quite present itself during this year's window and we may just get the chance to see Berba plying his magic in the Lillywhite shirt for another 12 months... with Modric, Dos Santos and hopefully Milito coming in, the fucker may be persuaded to stay extend his contract further.

Wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited by Hairy on Mon May 26 2008, 15:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyFri May 23 2008, 09:26

I'd rather see Berbatov go than stay to be honest. He'd obviously mope around as won't have got the CL move he desires and his 25-30m value will come down by at least half if he stays with us another season, with only 1 year remaining on his contract after that (I think?)

Rather sell him now and fund a couple of decent replacements. Milito for sure (although I read somewhere yesterday he's only scored 1 goal in his last 14!) and Fabiano from Seville. Ole!
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyFri May 23 2008, 10:47

Totally agree with you Ezza. One major criticism I have of Tottenham over the years is we've been afraid to sell players when it would have suited both parties to part company. I thinking of Carr, Campbell, Anderton, Davies and perhaps to a lesser extent Lennon.

If Berbatov stays it will become like Henry in his last season at Arsenal.

He clearly wants to depart so let's take the money, especially if he goes abroad.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyFri May 23 2008, 14:55

Can't agree.

If he doesn't get a move now, then he'll probably know it's too late and go back to playing like he did in his first season with us. So long as failing to engineer a move gets Dantchev sacked, we could end up with the perfect solution - a refocussed, reenergised Berba!

Note - Dantchev seems to be backing off the idea of Berba moving and making sure his bridges aren't burnt. Also, Berba to his credit has not been saying anything himself about leaving or even wanting to. He's just biding his time. If no great move materialises, he may come out with a new pledge of allegiance to Spurs.

Perhaps I'm thinking wishfully, and if he goes he goes. Sobeit. I just wouldn't say its as much of a dead cert as we had originally thought.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyFri May 23 2008, 14:57

What I mean is, IF Berba changes his mind about wanting to stay with Spurs for another season at least, AFTER we have brought in a significant quality of players, the tart might calm down.

In that case, I'd definately prefer to keep him over Eto'o and anyone else, put up with a little bit of his hysterics from time to time and watch him go score and set up another 40 goals next season. .. which few if any other, could likely provide us in their 1st season in the Prem League.

Blah, what do I know ! geek

Last edited by Hairy on Mon May 26 2008, 15:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptySat May 24 2008, 15:52

I know what you mean Hairy, however Berb ain't gonna change his mind. He wants CL football playing for a side that can challenge for a domestic title.

I'd be truly surprised if he pulls on a spurs shirt again.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptySat May 24 2008, 22:23

http://china.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=709059

According to the player’s brother and agent Rodrigo, Lyon striker Fred will sign for Tottenham Hotspur this week.

The Brazilian, who has been an Lyon since 2005, is expected to complete a move to Juande Ramos’ side when the details of the deal are trashed out between the clubs.

Despite five goals in nine international caps, the 24 year old was never an assured starter at the Stade Gerland for Lyon.

Spurs sporting director Damien Comolli is set to sit down with Rodrigo in an attempt to structure a price.

Rodrigo told L’Equipe: “Yes, we are meeting with Damien Comolli, Spurs’ sporting director, he is coming with a new offer. If it is good, Fred will sign for Tottenham.”
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyMon May 26 2008, 13:44

right said Fred
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan EmptyMon May 26 2008, 13:57

Worringly, Right Said Fred are still touring.

On a separate note, if Fred does join, will we have to play in skins each week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Berbs to Milan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Berbs to Milan   Berbs to Milan Empty

Back to top Go down

Berbs to Milan
Page 1 of 1