Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Berbs and Ronaldinho next season

Go down 
+3
Janek
Number 10
James
7 posters
AuthorMessage
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Berbs and Ronaldinho next season Empty
PostSubject: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 17:57

Tottenham Hotspur boss Juande Ramos has reaffirmed his determination to keep hold of Dimitar Berbatov, while expressing his interest in Barcelona's Ronaldinho.

Berbatov's future at White Hart Lane has been the subject of ongoing speculation this season, and it was rumoured Manchester United were close to making a January move for the Bulgarian international.

The 27-year-old opted to stay at White Hart Lane; however his agent - Emil Dantchev - recently stated that the Spurs star would consider an offer from Milan, if the Italian giants ever come in for him.

But Ramos is adamant that Tottenham will fight to keep hold of the in-demand Berbatov.

"We want him to keep on playing for Tottenham, but we understand that he is an ambitious player," he said on Sky Sports News.

There are many big clubs that want to sign him; he deserves it (the interest) because he is a great footballer."

Ramos has also voiced his interest in Barca's Ronaldinho - whose future at Camp Nou has been the subject of intense speculation over the last few months as he has struggled for form and fitness.

"The big players fit into any team, including Tottenham. Ronaldinho would fit in every respect," he told Sport.

Ramos has made an immediate impact since his arrival from Sevilla last October, guiding Spurs to their first trophy since 1999 as they defeated Chelsea in the Carling Cup final.

And the Spanish tactician has put his success down to hard work, adding: "I think my only secret is hard work. I think we have proved that we are working in the right way.

"Good results have helped people trust our methods. And when the first trophy came that was very positive for the club and the fans."

Ramos also revealed that he knew the time was right to part company with Sevilla after the Spanish club gave him no indication that they wished him to stay on at The Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

"I was proud to be coach of Sevilla for three seasons and all I wanted was to see the smallest sign that they wanted me to continue, but they did not nothing to keep me," he told AS.

"I told them I was going and they just said 'Goodbye then'.
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 18:14

That would be pretty amazing, but this is no doubt a smokescreen for who we're really after. Get all the tabloids talking nonsense about this, while we go for Villa.
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 18:25

Villa is an absolutely superb player, but is he too similar in style to Keano?
Back to top Go down
Enter The Pitbull
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Enter The Pitbull

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 18:43

I hear Ronnie writes a good thank-you letter. Levy must be looking to boost his already heaving collection.
Back to top Go down
Linesmann
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Linesmann

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyThu Mar 27 2008, 21:35

I will definitely welcome Ronaldinho when he's no longer a barrel Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 11:31

Janek wrote:

I think Villa is a clinical striker a bit more like Defoe. But... can he speak English??
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 11:44

I'd rather have Villa than Ronnie at Spurs. But who the feck are we kidding, there's NO WAY the buck toothed one will come to Spurs. Villa, on the other hand may well do.
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 11:50

ezza wrote:
I'd rather have Villa than Ronnie at Spurs. But who the feck are we kidding, there's NO WAY the buck toothed one will come to Spurs. Villa, on the other hand may well do.

Villa beat Buffon with a beautiful volley shot in Spain vs Italy friendly match... He got a better shooting skill than Keano... & he run faster and able to score free kicks...
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 11:56

yes, Villa has some similarities to Torres at Liverpool, But I don't necessarily see him as replacement for Robbie. Keano's a legend and would make my starting XI everytime. We need 3 world class strikers. At the moment we only have 2. Hopefully we can keep Berba and add Villa. Even with the best coaching in the world, I do not see Bent in the same class as these three. A complete waste of money.

Comolli Out!
Back to top Go down
Janek
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Janek

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 13:30

Kin on Spurs wrote:
Janek wrote:

I think Villa is a clinical striker a bit more like Defoe. But... can he speak English??

His standard of English is about the same as Spur'd On's....
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:10

Janek wrote:

His standard of English is about the same as Spur'd On's....

Wow. That bad?

Still, at least Spurdon attempts his conversation in English, rather than through a translator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berbs and Ronaldinho next season   Berbs and Ronaldinho next season Empty

Back to top Go down

Berbs and Ronaldinho next season
Page 1 of 1