Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Spurs Forum in Hong Kong

HomeHome  Spurs In Hong Kong homepageSpurs In Hong Kong homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Official SiteOfficial Site  Fantasy FootballFantasy Football  

Goodbye Hong Kong

Go down 
+21
Janek
Kin on Spurs
postie
hongkongyid
twiglet
edman
Craig
bennylee
GDG
Hairy
Chris
spur'don
Bennycat
IanG
ezza
James
Barry Lineker
ozspur
Number 10
yankee yid
Daniel
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 11:03

It was all too good to last. After much soul searching we have decided to up sticks and move to Shanghai. This has been a very, very difficult decision for many reasons mostly based around the fact that Spurs in Hong Kong has been such a huge success but I have to progress my career and in Hong Kong (for whatever reason) this is not happening. I would stay in the big Lychee forever - the life, the people, the environment (pollution aside) is now very familiar to me and it is my home. All is perfect if only I didn’t have to work but, alas, I have to and the companies I have encountered here are not able to offer me the things I need right now.

The thing I am most upset about is Spurs in Hong Kong. If it wasn’t for you guys I would have had an easier time of leaving but this community has made my choice very bloody hard. When Ezza, Sean and I set this up it was to watch Spurs games. I doubt any of us would have believed the friendships and bonds that have sprung out of our shared passion for THFC. In a way we have become family and I will cherish all of your friendships for ever and I know I have made friends for life. That is what I will miss in Shanghai the most and this is what has made my descion to leave so tough. Of course I will be back in HK from time to time and I hope that via the forum we can all stay in touch as usual but, like Benny Cat, I have to spread the word afar and www.spursinshanghai.com is born. Who knows how it will work, if indeed it will, but I doubt I will meet such great people as you all are.

SiHK will grow and grow and it will become whatever you all decide it to be but for now I have to move on although I am sure Hong Kong hasn’t seen the last of me yet and if any of you are in Shanghai then let me know

I will miss my SiHK family of that there is little doubt.

FACT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spursinhongkong.com
yankee yid
Welcome to Spurs In Hong Kong
yankee yid

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 11:35

Sad, sad, sad day but we'll all hopefully see you down here quite often.

When are the leaving drinks?
Back to top Go down
Number 10
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Number 10

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 11:37

A sad day in the fledgling history of SiHK. Thanks again for mobilising us, Dan. Hope that your career works out better in Shanghai, and we'll see you for the next cup final.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 11:38

Dan - very sad to hear you are leaving but I can fully understand your reasoning. HK for me personally is a far better place nowadays compared to a year ago and that is, without doubt, due to the SiHK community. So much has happened in the past year that makes my previous 7 years here pale into insignificance. Thanks Dan for all you have done to establish the best supporters group anywhere in the world. Good luck in Shanghai.

PS Better get ready for the SiHK roadtrip to Shanghai - reckon many of us would be up for a weekend over there. Now that would be one helluva roadtrip.
Back to top Go down
ozspur
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
ozspur

Number of posts : 1063

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 11:39

Oi - you bastard! The Shanghai link doesn't work! Have I been banned already?
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 12:06

Thanks you all. I will be leaving next week but I am not sure of the exact dates. Its all happening very quickly once I had my choice. Leaving drinks were last night!

Oz - the spursinshanghai site isn't up and running yet. I have to do all that again :sms:
Back to top Go down
Barry Lineker
Andy Booth
Andy Booth
Barry Lineker

Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 12:14

Daniel wrote:
I will be leaving next week

This is a wind up isn't it! no one packs up and leaves in a week!

Can I rent your dungeon in DB? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 12:35

Oh it is all too sudden! Tell me it is not true. It's a sad sad day. Sadder than Berbatov leaving Spurs.

At least stay for some time for a farewell party or something!
Back to top Go down
ezza
Founding Father
Founding Father
ezza

Number of posts : 1702

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 12:49

Sad Gutted!
Back to top Go down
IanG
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
IanG

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 13:55

All the best big man, glad I could make it last night albeit for a short time, to have a beer with you. Was gutted to hear you are abandoning us and looking for pastures new and new gooners to abuse.
"It has been an honour and a privilage to have served with you sir!"
Goodbye Hong Kong 2310
Farewell, and fond Adieu
Goodbye Hong Kong 3210
awww im getting all emotional now................Goodbye Hong Kong 1218310

Last edited by IanG on Sat May 31 2008, 14:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bennycat
Gregor Raziak
Gregor Raziak
Bennycat

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 13:57

Padre BC weeps real tears (and not in a gay way). Cheers big man, you will be missed.
Back to top Go down
spur'don
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
spur'don

Number of posts : 3552
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 14:01

Dan. I lived in Hong Kong for 13 years and I can say with hand on heart, the past 12 months have been the best. The friendship and bonds developed on this community are real and WILL survive the test of time.

In this smaller world of ours with improving communications I don't think you ever say "goodbye". I prefer "see you soon", whether it's in Shanghai or back in HK. I'm in Shanghai towards end of June and can meet up for a 'welcome to Shanghai' beer or two.

p.s. - what is now, 3 jobs in 12 months ? I'll take 7/2 odds you'll be back in HK by end of October !!

Last edited by spur'don on Sun Jun 01 2008, 23:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
James

Number of posts : 2495

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 14:09

Goodbye Hong Kong N651666659_744070_758

LEGEND!Goodbye Hong Kong 24282
Back to top Go down
Chris
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
Chris

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 16:13

Good luck daniel and I hope everything works out for you in shanghai.
Only met u once but u made quite an impression. All the best mate.
Back to top Go down
Hairy
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
Hairy

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 16:15

Oh for Gawd's sake.. I'm going to be :puke:

Just make sure you close the door behind you.... you Splitter ! !!

Laughing Take care bro. It's been a priveldge making your friendship and thanks to you, that of so many other Spurs brothers and sisters in HK. I'm sure we'll keep in touch and wish you and the family all the very best of luck for the future. Call me if there is anything I can do to help.

Lolz. H.
Back to top Go down
GDG
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
GDG

Number of posts : 2576

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 19:58

Blimey, that really is short notice. I'm going to be in Hemingway's tonight, saying goodbye to two other people who are leaving this coming week - why not come down and make it three? I might even buy you a beer.
Back to top Go down
bennylee

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Subject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 19:59

Very sad to here the news. Wish you all the best!
(luckily shanghai and Hong Kong is not really so far, hope to see you when you have holiday)
Back to top Go down
Craig
Admin
Craig

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 21:34

Expected but not wanted!

Its been a pleasure!
Back to top Go down
edman
Merchandiser Supreme
Merchandiser Supreme
edman

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 22:21

oh no, we lost another member in the off season again. very sad to hear that, when will your last day in hk?

i know ur time is so packed, but do u have time for a quick drink after work, tea or any other time?
Back to top Go down
twiglet
Gary Stevens
Gary Stevens
twiglet

Number of posts : 1266

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySat May 31 2008, 23:33

fair play to you Dan - good work son!!
Back to top Go down
hongkongyid
Founding Father
Founding Father
hongkongyid

Number of posts : 356

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySun Jun 01 2008, 10:32

From the 3 of us watching late night Uefa Cup games in Skitz to february 2008 in Al's Diner - it's been emotional.

See you soon mate and all the best to the family.

Sean, Gilly & Luke
Back to top Go down
postie
Jason Dozzell
Jason Dozzell
postie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySun Jun 01 2008, 11:58

from the first time we meet at Sevens 2007 , a meeting i will never forget , it has been a real privelege to have meet you and to have a beer with you as it has been to have meet all memebers of SIHK . But to you Dan a true gentleman and an honour to have have had the chance to spend time with you . Good luck to you and your family in Shanghai all the best Coys .
Back to top Go down
Kin on Spurs
Paolo Tramezzani
Paolo Tramezzani
Kin on Spurs

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptySun Jun 01 2008, 19:59

What a mixed feeling to me to see you go, Dan. Sad Thank you so much for your tremendous effort of creating the best Spurs supporters union in this world.

Truly hope you will have a bright future in Shanghai. Take care and good luck!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:10

I'm weeping here. I had no idea how sad I would be feeling but you know I'm not dead or anything...only two hours down the road. Its just I will see you less often but I'll be back.

Thank you all very much for you kind words - they mean a lot

I am also serious about any of you catching up with me in Shanghai if/when you are out there. Lets try and create SpursinChina!
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Founding Father
Founding Father
Daniel

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong EmptyMon Jun 02 2008, 11:11

oh, and I leave this weekend. Saturday most likely...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Hong Kong   Goodbye Hong Kong Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Hong Kong
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next